Sponsored

My EcoDiesel MPG cratered

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
or you're not doing a lot of high-speed highway driving like a lot of the rest of us where the poor Coefficient of Drag on these things is the worst.

i definitely get my best MPG when putting around at lower top speeds, like in a Park where the Speed Limit is 35-45MPH. but once you're going 65MPH+ MPG falls off a cliff.

Lol. Making the 20mph comment makes my 35.8 mpg even more impressive. That means I do alot of city driving or idle alot. Thanks zouch hahahahaha
Sponsored

Tmarshallg78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Na
Lol @ zouch. Wrong, try again. Imagine not knowing but putting out false info. Hahaha hahaha. I could only imagine how you are in real life! Lol

Hchris

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 wrangler unlimited 3.0 ecodiesel
I am having same issues with 2022. Is it possible that fuel filter could cause milage issue? I haven't done mine yet, but i am planning on doing it soon. All advice appreciated....on jeeps only. Thanks

ryd2468

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Sahara 3.0L diesel
stock with Banks throttle response system and on 35’s, i was getting 15-17 mpg. Your numbers are awesome! I’m going to enjoy reading other people’s comments on this one.

ryd2468

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Sahara 3.0L diesel
I got my 2022 Sahara in November 2022, I am 72 yrs old and I do drive mine at 60-62 miles per hour
on the freeway, using cruise control constantly. I easily get 27-28 mpg on normal freeway trips and
on trips longer than 200 miles I get in the 29 or higher (29.6mpg being my best). I started getting a
horrible loud clanking noise under the car one weekend, took it into dealership, they found that the weld broke on the bracket that bolts the catalytic converter to transmission housing was cracked
completely in half. This only made a horrible noise when idling engine at normal running temp.
They replaced it and all was good. Same thing happened almost exactly 6 months later, this time I
took it to a much closer dealership than the one I bought it from. They took 5 days to diagnose it, said they would order the part. I needed my car so I picked it back up until part came in, funny thing was that noise was gone, idle speed was 250rpm higher, and it didn't go through the gears like it did from factory new. It seemed to hang in 3rd gear longer than the others, I would notice the engine noise (rpm's) rise until it finally shifted into 4th. That's when I started to realize my mileage had dropped from easily 25-27mpg in city driving to never more that 22mpg in city. Same for freeway only driving (60mph) I have never been able to get above 23mpg sine they (diagnosed my noise problem). I am scheduled to go back in on the 16th to have them fix that mpg issue, if they fix it I will report back.

Sponsored

PeCoasta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD | 2022 F350
I am having same issues with 2022. Is it possible that fuel filter could cause milage issue? I haven't done mine yet, but i am planning on doing it soon. All advice appreciated....on jeeps only. Thanks
You havent replaced the fuel filter at all since you've owned the jeep?

PeCoasta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD | 2022 F350
I assumed the dealership was doing it when then they did the oil change.
You should check the service order, ideally you shouldn't go more than 1 year between fuel filter changes. I change mine with every oil change which coincidentally is once a year.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I'm fairly confident that they don't do that by default. I too assumed that the did. but apparently not.

Sponsored

Mr. Curti

First Name
Justin Curti
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL EcoDiesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Dairy Farmer
Vehicle Showcase
I got my 2022 Sahara in November 2022, I am 72 yrs old and I do drive mine at 60-62 miles per hour
on the freeway, using cruise control constantly. I easily get 27-28 mpg on normal freeway trips and
on trips longer than 200 miles I get in the 29 or higher (29.6mpg being my best). I started getting a
horrible loud clanking noise under the car one weekend, took it into dealership, they found that the weld broke on the bracket that bolts the catalytic converter to transmission housing was cracked
completely in half. This only made a horrible noise when idling engine at normal running temp.
They replaced it and all was good. Same thing happened almost exactly 6 months later, this time I
took it to a much closer dealership than the one I bought it from. They took 5 days to diagnose it, said they would order the part. I needed my car so I picked it back up until part came in, funny thing was that noise was gone, idle speed was 250rpm higher, and it didn't go through the gears like it did from factory new. It seemed to hang in 3rd gear longer than the others, I would notice the engine noise (rpm's) rise until it finally shifted into 4th. That's when I started to realize my mileage had dropped from easily 25-27mpg in city driving to never more that 22mpg in city. Same for freeway only driving (60mph) I have never been able to get above 23mpg sine they (diagnosed my noise problem). I am scheduled to go back in on the 16th to have them fix that mpg issue, if they fix it I will report back.
Those are some numbers to be really proud of!

1BadDad

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
IT Innovator
Have you all heard about winter diesel?

garykk

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Occupation
Retired
fuel filters are not part of the free Wave program and if the dealer changed the fuel filter , you’d know it by the $$$ on your bill🙄
Sponsored