Sponsored

My Dogs Are Eating My JL Alive!

ZenWorld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Sahara, 2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
I am not even kidding!

I have 2 Huskies that reside out in my yard with my Jeep to protect it! Instead of defending it, they are chewing up the plastic on the fenders and bumpers.

Do you guys know if the fenders' plastic can be replaced?
Does anyone have experience with this?

The whole Jeep feels plastic. I think they will eventually succeed in eating it up!

The bumper is a lost cause, thinking of putting something made out of kryptonite

M0P3IAu.jpg

tM8AsUU.jpg
Sponsored

johnparjr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe
No good advice here my Huskie hasn't touched mine at this point though its a jeep its supposed to get dinged up I probably wouldn't worry about it and do something to discourage more chewing

OP
OP
ZenWorld

ZenWorld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Sahara, 2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Stop rubbing bacon on the plastic parts:rock: Honestly, maybe check with your vet? PerhapsMaybe they have some sort of vitamin deficiency?
Did a full clean through the day before... I'll make sure to check the ingredients on my washing products x_X

Sponsored

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Did a full clean through the day before... I'll make sure to check the ingredients on my washing products x_X
I want to say I read somewhere that some plastic/rubber pieces have a soy bean additive? I could be wrong, but I'd seriously ask my vet. Good luck:like:

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL

stiks511

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
land rover discovery sport
let your huskies in the house? give them a job to do to keep them from getting bored? huskies are determined beasts as you probably know and will figure out a way to do/go where they want. besides pit bulls and chihuahuas they are in our shelters the most because they are escape artists and will find a way to go amuse themselves.
but, you could try a product called Bitter Apple - they hate the taste of it (or they'll love it or just suck it up and tolerate it to get to the plastic).
https://www.amazon.com/Grannicks-Bi...er+apple&qid=1574874647&s=pet-supplies&sr=1-4

00Sebby

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Ex-auto quality engr & mgt. Now just enjoy life.
I am not even kidding!

I have 2 Huskies that reside out in my yard with my Jeep to protect it! Instead of defending it, they are chewing up the plastic on the fenders and bumpers.

The whole Jeep feels plastic. I think they will eventually succeed in eating it up!

The bumper is a lost cause, thinking of putting something made out of kryptonite
Years ago, I had a malamute that ate the bottom spouts off of our gutters and chewed through the metal wiring conduit of the A/C unit running to the house. So your metal parts aren't really safe either. LOL We never found the metal parts (about 6" of 1" conduit filled with copper wire) that were missing and somehow it didn't electrocute or kill him. He was a great dog through.

On a positive note, I bet your huskies have beautiful white teeth. :like:

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
There’s a thread on here about squirrels eating bumpers.
At least if you have farmers insurance you’ll get your 15 minutes of glory from the weird claim commercial.

Sponsored

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
Our two Catahoulas seem to prefer Asian vehicles. A squirrel ran under the front of my wife’s 2019 Nissan to escape the dogs. Their solution? To chew on the METAL front quarter panel, in an effort to get to the squirrel.

We haven’t seen coons or possums since we got them. I used to have to beat them away with sticks when I took the trash out. We have had zero wild animal incursions into our various livestock coops and pens too.

Farm life. You learn to take the good with the bad.

SABLE RHINO

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU SPORT S 3.6L
Our two Catahoulas seem to prefer Asian vehicles. A squirrel ran under the front of my wife’s 2019 Nissan to escape the dogs. Their solution? To chew on the METAL front quarter panel, in an effort to get to the squirrel.

We haven’t seen coons or possums since we got them. I used to have to beat them away with sticks when I took the trash out. We have had zero wild animal incursions into our various livestock coops and pens too.

Farm life. You learn to take the good with the bad.
:CWL::LOL::swear:

Baddog2020

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
I am not even kidding!

M0P3IAu.jpg

tM8AsUU.jpg

I too would go with the Bitter Apple on the bumper. I would also find some tough chew toys for them. Get several different ones for variety. I’ve used Kongs but you can Google dog toys for aggressive chewers and come up with a bunch of stuff. Maybe throw the toy in with their food to give it the same smell initially to get them interested. Or smear it with peanut butter or something you know they like for sure.

Melny67

First Name
Melvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep jlu
I have heard to stop a dog from eating poop you give him some pineapple maybe try water and pineapple spray on the plastic bits. Wait I think I got that wrong give the dogs pineapple and cover the plastic bits with dog crap.

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
I am not even kidding!

M0P3IAu.jpg

tM8AsUU.jpg
I feel your pain. How old are your huskies?
Sponsored