Sponsored

My DIY Portable ARB Air Compressor

Berserker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Hello, fellow adventure travelers. Below is a quick overview of my portable ARB air compressor build. I've had this compressor for eight years and it was hard-mounted in my first two Jeeps. On my third build, I wanted a customizable solution wherein my Jeep isn't always burdened with my off-road gear. This Jeep is my daily driver and I keep weight down when possible. In seven years I never needed my compressor outside of trips. My motivation for doing this is I don't have to keep buying vehicle-specific compressor mounts when I change rigs and can hand it off to a fellow traveler.

In the video, I briefly discuss the build and how you can duplicate it. The video also includes how I modified the ARB wiring harness with a diagram.

I used a Zarges K470 case.

Here's my wiring diagram:
ARB Dual Compressor Wiring Schematic.png
Sponsored

SwissSteph

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.swissjeepjl.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon - Hella Yella - 2.2 Diesel
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for your sharing and Schematic wirring. :like:

vhfan5150

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright White JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Love the photobomb at the beginning of your video! I am just waiting to pull the trigger on a compressor. Still trying to tell myself to buy once/cry once with an ARB instead of a Smittybilt.

SF_SurferDude

First Name
Wesley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Wranger Sport
@Berserker I built this according to your video and it works great. First real electrical project I've done. I only have two suggestions for newbies.

1. Make sure you get the crimps designed for Andersen connectors. I tried to use other crimps and it didn't work.

2. You can get a 3 wire switch with a built in 20a fuse at any automotive store. This will make wiring isolation switch a tiny bit easier (no jumpers).

3. It is possible to create a circuit without needing the three wire connector for the isolation switch. I used a 3 wire switch w/ 20a built in fuse and the original two wire harness connector (black and purple). Black wire goes to negative prong on switch, purple goes to middle prong, run another positive line from battery to first prong to power the whole thing.

Jeep Wrangler JL My DIY Portable ARB Air Compressor 1637174640840

Jeep Wrangler JL My DIY Portable ARB Air Compressor 1637185843941