Sponsored

My displeasure with the Owners Manual

Crawldad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr wrangler rubicon, '18 Ram3500
Thanks all for the responses and letting me know what the parksense button is for. :)

I guess it would had been tons more useful to have a console overview in the "Getting to know your instrument panel" section that calls out specific areas and locations of buttons and features. You have the dashboard gauges, put something after that for the buttons with a page number for more information.

I'll have to dig more through the radio to find this search button. For me though, I usually don't sit in the car to just sit or explore, I am usually just there to drive. Typically I'll go through the manual first and then get an overview that way.

Maybe I'm just old and need to get with the latest trends.
you mean you didn't sleep in your new jeep the first night? sheesh
Sponsored

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
When I put a bike rack on the back of my 2 door, I have to turn off the parking sensors otherwise the bike rack makes them go crazy!

Off road, turning parking sensors off is part of the precedure.

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
Maybe it's me, I don't know. I thought I would post here and see if other people think the owners manual was horribly written and organized. Now truth be told, I've read the main manual online in PDF form. Maybe the one in the glove compartment is a lot different or a supplemental.

My biggest issue is the documentation on the instrument panel and console buttons. It seems like I had to dig in the instructions for what the buttons do and how they work. I also think the touchscreen is horribly documented in the owners manual.

After I got off my soapbox....does anybody know what the button is that has a "P" that's shooting radar at a christmas tree?
I think they need a "common sense" edition where 99% of the safety warnings are removed for us folks who didn't eat paste in school.

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
is that different than the one that came in the glove box?

my issue isn't so much that it's laid out poorly, it's that it's full of conflicting information.
for example, there are several places detailing that Diesel Fule must meet a certain American standard, then another one saying it had to meet a stricter European standard.
trying to get clarification on this from Jeepcares was useless.
Yes! Zouch. This is not the same one in the glove compartment. This one is very thick like three or so inches. I’ll take a picture and post it today.

Paluss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
It's you.
But I find the search function of the manual through the infotainment screen to be quite helpful.
I agree, been around cars for a while but I thought all the buttons are self-explanatory, nonetheless I always read the manual for tips and hidden features, PDF online version makes it really easy to search what you are looking for

Sponsored

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
PDF searchable online a good tip ; bear in mind that the supplied manual is written as a defense against lawyers for RSP.

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
the one i got in my Glove Box last year was a 600 page Landscape-oriented thing in a J**p-labelled bag, and appears to be exactly the same as the (searchable đź‘Ť) PDF i was able to download online.

what is the manual you're ordering, and if it's different, where are you getting it?

Yes! Zouch. This is not the same one in the glove compartment. This one is very thick like three or so inches. I’ll take a picture and post it today.

flyer92

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-Door JL Sport, former '80 CJ-5 and '99 TJ
Vehicle Showcase
We got a 464 page; 2021 Owner's Manual and a green bag for it when we took delivery of our 2021 JL Rubicon. I like the PDF version because you can search it. This is my first FCA vehicle and do not find the manual much different from GM's. Because they cover every option available there is a lot of information that does not apply to your specific vehicle which makes reading somewhat difficult.
Hmm...interesting. I just downloaded the 2021 Owner's Manual, and mine is 484 pages. Makes me wonder...

JackA

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon; Nacho
Vehicle Showcase
Hmm...interesting. I just downloaded the 2021 Owner's Manual, and mine is 484 pages. Makes me wonder...
Jeep Wrangler JL My displeasure with the Owners Manual Jeep Manual
Just walked out to the JL and have the Owner's Manual; titled "2021 Wrangler Owner's Manual" there are 457 numbered pages plus 7 unnumbered double ruled pages for a total of 464 pages.
Sponsored