Sponsored

My dilemma im having with the service dept installing my mopar lift

9mmkungfu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
I have nothing to add here other than my local dealer charges $375 for this lift to be installed, including alignment.
Sponsored

SoK66

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Sport (3)
No way in hell would I let an unknown dealer tech install a lift, factory or otherwise. The bolt torque on the control arms is 125 ft lbs, not difficult. The Mopar 2” kit is a good one, very simple and easy to install. We have them on our tour JTs and they’ve been bulletproof. But Dealers are robbing people on the install price. In your home garage it’s no more than a 4 hour job with hand tools, a floor jack and some jack stands. With a lift like a dealership it’s 3 hours for someone who knows what they’re doing.

Busy B

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RAM 2500
After installing the Mopar lift my Jeep death wobbled like crazy. Getting an alignment fixed it. Drives just like it did before now.

OP
OP
Jeepsmashin

Jeepsmashin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I have nothing to add here other than my local dealer charges $375 for this lift to be installed, including alignment.
What dealer is this?

And just to post what I paid for the lift kit

I paid $1368.29 shipped to my house and $620 for labor

bajanut

First Name
Hector
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
"We have to keep it one more day and charge you $1200 because of the control arms" ?? 4 bolts remove and replace, had my local mechanic do it in 30 minutes flat and that is because he had a hard time loosening the bolts, but he rolled his sleeves and did it, he didn't have to call the "master mechanic" to the rescue

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeepsmashin

Jeepsmashin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
"We have to keep it one more day and charge you $1200 because of the control arms" ?? 4 bolts remove and replace, had my local mechanic do it in 30 minutes flat and that is because he had a hard time loosening the bolts, but he rolled his sleeves and did it, he didn't have to call the "master mechanic" to the rescue
I thought I had confidence when i seen a gladiator and JLU with mopar lifts in the showroom 🤦‍♂️

tinymay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'82 Scrambler and 2020 Wrangler JL
Fwiw...
My Mopar 2" lift was a tad over 2 grand after taxes, labor and alignment check. All good. So far, drives great. My spring bow is no where near as bad as yours. I have no correction pads. They turned something the right way to get my springs almost straight.

Wishing the best on your lift.

tomco22

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
4WP was booked up, so I asked the dealership to take my winch off so I could put it on my next Jeep. The dealership charged me five hours ($500) and still screwed it up. I had to take it to 4WP to get the situation straightened out.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
No way in hell would I let an unknown dealer tech install a lift, factory or otherwise. The bolt torque on the control arms is 125 ft lbs, not difficult. The Mopar 2” kit is a good one, very simple and easy to install. We have them on our tour JTs and they’ve been bulletproof. But Dealers are robbing people on the install price. In your home garage it’s no more than a 4 hour job with hand tools, a floor jack and some jack stands. With a lift like a dealership it’s 3 hours for someone who knows what they’re doing.
Nice post! From this thread (page#18) it seems that the LCAs are 190ft lbs. That's what I torqued mine to back a couple years, seems like that's a bit less than what they were from the factory but not sure??
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/attachments/jluliftinst-pdf.13543/

Sponsored

tomco22

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I went back and pulled the invoice. It was actually $449.85, "REMOVED THE FRONT BUMPER, REMOVED WENCH ASSEMBLY, REASSEMBLED AND INSTALLED FRONT BUMPER," and a learned a valuable lesson about my dealership. I am not going to let them do the lift kit or winch on my 2022 Wrangler.

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
I went back and pulled the invoice. It was actually $449.85, "REMOVED THE FRONT BUMPER, REMOVED WENCH ASSEMBLY, REASSEMBLED AND INSTALLED FRONT BUMPER," and a learned a valuable lesson about my dealership. I am not going to let them do the lift kit or winch on my 2022 Wrangler.
I wouldnt either thats just ridiculous

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
2.5 days to install shocks and springs with a lift and unlimited tools? I can get that done in an afternoon with a basic socket set and floor jack. And I have never taken an automotive class in my life.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Only warranty work would be my advice, and even then be sure to double check everything they do!!

Jhawth

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I could install the mopar lift in 4 hours or less on jack stands in my garage. Either their tech has the IQ of a potato or they're trying to milk more money from you.

My guess is both 🤣
Sponsored