Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
A month ago I called a jeep dealer and made the soonest apt they could to install my 2 inch mopar lift that I bought else where. They said and agreed that it will be no more than $620 OTD for the labor,

So the dealer an hour+ away from me, I get there 20 mins (8:10am) before my apt time and it took them an hour for me to talk to a service advisor and drop it off, I get back before they close and they tell me they can't break the bolts lose, that they are half way done and they need their master mechanic who's coming in tomorrow to do it.

So they send enterprise to pick me up and say that they'll knock off what I paid for the rental car off the price I'm paying for the install and they'll call me today to give me an update and it should be ready today.

Okay fine no big deal right

just called me a few mins ago and said that I don't have the " basic mopar lift " that I have the full extensive mopar lift kit, it has control arms and thats a 10-12 hour job, says regular price is $2400 (labor only) but he'll meet me half way and charge me $1200. Lol wtf from mopar it says 2-3 hours to install, I told him give me the part # of the basic mopar lift kit, there's so such thing, he stats that it's not online nor on the brochure lol

I sent him the link and part # of my lift kit and it does says install to time 2-3 hours and there's no control arms ( Edit: My bad there is front control arms). I told him whatever you just told me to email it to me.

The 2 inch Mopar lift in question

https://store.mopar.com/oem-parts/mopar-two-inch-lift-kit-four-door-3-6l-engine-77072395ae

Screenshot_20220118-105929_Messages.jpg

He texted me back this

Text 01/18/22 11:57am
" I talked to the manager and after doing some research it still takes over 6 hours plus the alignment. Since mopar is advertising the estimated time of 2-3 hours we will ignore the actual book hours and take care of it. I will give you a call when its ready by the end of the day "

Text 01/18/22 3:42pm
" I just checked with my tech and and he is still working on the front suspension and i doubt it will be done today. He might have to stay back and finish it but i would still suggest to pick it up tomorrow. "
A few things here.

Those LCAs bolts can be hard to break with hand tools, theyre torqued to 180ftlbs and from factory could be even more. But if a shop tells me theyre having issues with it and need a "master mechanic" that shop has less skills than I do in my driveway. Id take my jeep off them right away and file a formal complaint to stellantis.

The other issue. There is only one mopar lift. There is no "basic" and "extensive" this is the issue that pisses me off the most. Theyre trying to rip you off. Theyre trying to scam you. This shit should be illegal.

Do not have the dealer install this for you. It is a hard pill to swallow. But whatever people say, dealers are terrible. Theyre con artists. They lie. And theyre incompetent. Theyre good at selling cars at and above MSRP along with shitty warranties and snake oil.
Sponsored

micahpop

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
A few things here.

Those LCAs bolts can be hard to break with hand tools, theyre torqued to 180ftlbs and from factory could be even more. But if a shop tells me theyre having issues with it and need a "master mechanic" that shop has less skills than I do in my driveway. Id take my jeep off them right away and file a formal complaint to stellantis.

The other issue. There is only one mopar lift. There is no "basic" and "extensive" this is the issue that pisses me off the most. Theyre trying to rip you off. Theyre trying to scam you. This shit should be illegal.

Do not have the dealer install this for you. It is a hard pill to swallow. But whatever people say, dealers are terrible. Theyre con artists. They lie. And theyre incompetent. Theyre good at selling cars at and above MSRP along with shitty warranties and snake oil.
Don't hold back... tell us how you really feel about dealers. :CWL:

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Don't hold back... tell us how you really feel about dealers. :CWL:
Lol, no shit. Not all of them are this bad. Both my service advisor and the only mechanic that turns a wrench on mine when required are both excellent and I have no problem letting him do shit on my rig.

CincyJLRubi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
For the 2.0 Turbo unlimited there is no "right/left" spring. They are both the same and should have the blue tag on them. I just installed my kit and was concerned at first because I've seen the red tag but if you look at the directions for the 2.0 the springs are the same right and left.

I also have steel bumpers and added a warn winch and bumper bar and I netted 3.5 inches of lift. It's pretty substantial.

You will definitely need a front adjustable track bar. Your axle will likely be at least 1.25 inches off center. I got the yeti. The rear will only be about 1/4 off. I haven't corrected that yet.

Your steering wheel will be off center but they should correct that. Takes 5 min to adjust.

I had my alignment checked because i put new wheels and tires on and just wanted to make sure it was in spec from the factory. My toe was a little off. My castor was checked and is now 5.3. I may get adjustable LCA to get that to 6.3.

cavguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
For the 2.0 Turbo unlimited there is no "right/left" spring. They are both the same and should have the blue tag on them. I just installed my kit and was concerned at first because I've seen the red tag but if you look at the directions for the 2.0 the springs are the same right and left.
You are likely correct for the front and/or rear possibly, but the point was to reference the instructions to be 100% sure. Mopar makes revisions of these kits and I don't have the newer instructions to reference.

Note below 2.0L 4 Door at this older AB revision used (2) same front coil springs. I think they are on AE or AF now.

Jeep Wrangler JL My dilemma im having with the service dept installing my mopar lift Screen Shot 2022-01-19 at 11.39.21 AM

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Just read this whole thread, wow, just wow. Sure hope this ends well, and lol at needing a master mechanic to get this accomplished, makes me wonder what it takes to become a master mechanic at this circus :(

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
They texted me it's ready, ill be going after work to pick it up, im crossing my fingers 🤞

It only took 2.5 days
Good luck, and when you get it back be SURE to verify the torque on all fasteners that were touched just in case the "master mechanic" didn't oversee the entire process (and even if he did!!!).

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Stretched 2 door Rubi (LOL)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
Best of luck! I agree with Entropy about dealerships. I used that "Jeep Wave" complimentary 3 free oil changes once, only once. The dealership got the oil weight and capacity wrong. If you cant turn a wrench or have ample funds to have someone else do it, find a local Jeep or 4x4 shop. My .02

Last edited:

Sponsored

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
Here’s your control arms in the kit.

Jeep Wrangler JL My dilemma im having with the service dept installing my mopar lift 20220119_171101
I just did the control arms on my Rubicon in the driveway. To do them again might take 1 hour tops. Those guys are just inept.

OP
OP
Jeepsmashin

Jeepsmashin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
So driving it home, it drove good, it tracked straight, I want to say straighter than before, probably because I never got an alignment before, everything felt fine so far.

Do the springs/Shocks have a break in period or anything?

Do the springs looked bowed?

20220119_195717.jpg

20220119_185240.jpg

20220119_185231.jpg

20220119_185311.jpg

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Stretched 2 door Rubi (LOL)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
FYI. All Mopar kits have a slight bow in the front springs. They claim its designed that way. LOL. Rock Krawler makes a pad to straighten out the front springs. Pics of mine with the RK pads.

Jeep Wrangler JL My dilemma im having with the service dept installing my mopar lift IMG_0026(1)

Jeep Wrangler JL My dilemma im having with the service dept installing my mopar lift IMG_0013(1)

Last edited:

falcon241073

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Rock krawler, metalcloak, and I believe daystar make correction pads for the front springs. Since I have the Metalcloak lift I used their pads. When I ordered they were out and suggested daystar. But it was a couple of weeks until I installed the lift and metalcloak got some more of their pads in in that time.

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
Those springs def look bowed. They are likely not seated correctly. Could be the top or bottom seating, but def bowed.
Sponsored