My dilemma im having with the service dept installing my mopar lift

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
The “unable to break the bolts loose, need a master tech” has got to be the most comical thing I’ve ever read. How could you even say that to a customer with a straight face? We have “mechanics” that can’t even loosen bolts working here?
Sponsored

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Why does anybody get these installed at dealers, who can't even get the proper amount of oil figured out.

Every decent sized town has a 4x4 shop that can do these blindfolded. If you didn't buy th elift from the dealer, why have it installed there? Most dealers go to an outside source anyway.

JLUandCJ-7

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara w/mods
Vehicle Showcase
Cool deal! Hopefully you will be good to go. Before you drive off the lot with your Jeep;
  1. Make sure the coil springs are all seated correctly. The spring should be all the way flush with the seat and non cock-eyed.
I did this when installing my lift. Was greeted with a lovely spring boing sound when going over speed bumps. Had to drop the rear axle and reseat the springs. Not my favorite use of time.

I installed in my garage in 5 hours, and super BS there were bolts they couldn't budge.

jaymz

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
I installed mine in the driveway with hand tools in about 4 hours. And that included front & rear track bars, and front & rear bump stops as well. Please let us know which dealer it's at so that others can avoid them.

Sponsored

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
The oil change guy is learning to install lifts at that dealer.
If it’s the same oil change guy that puts six quarts in a 5 quart engine, maybe he’ll install some extra springs and shocks for you? Perhaps you will come away with seven tires? 🤔👍

Hearhear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus, 392 XR Wrangler
Roscoe at the dealer can handle it. He‘s a bit dyslexic, but don’t worry about it. He can’t read fancy words anyway. He can follow the color pictures. He’s a bit color blind, but don’t worry about that. He can’t see good anyway. Oh wait….Roscoe!! Those springs go under the Jeep, not under the seats!!

hiimmike

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Network Engineer
A month ago I called a jeep dealer and made the soonest apt they could to install my 2 inch mopar lift that I bought else where. They said and agreed that it will be no more than $620 OTD for the labor,

So the dealer an hour+ away from me, I get there 20 mins (8:10am) before my apt time and it took them an hour for me to talk to a service advisor and drop it off, I get back before they close and they tell me they can't break the bolts lose, that they are half way done and they need their master mechanic who's coming in tomorrow to do it.

So they send enterprise to pick me up and say that they'll knock off what I paid for the rental car off the price I'm paying for the install and they'll call me today to give me an update and it should be ready today.

Okay fine no big deal right

just called me a few mins ago and said that I don't have the " basic mopar lift " that I have the full extensive mopar lift kit, it has control arms and thats a 10-12 hour job, says regular price is $2400 (labor only) but he'll meet me half way and charge me $1200. Lol wtf from mopar it says 2-3 hours to install, I told him give me the part # of the basic mopar lift kit, there's so such thing, he stats that it's not online nor on the brochure lol

I sent him the link and part # of my lift kit and it does says install to time 2-3 hours and there's no control arms ( Edit: My bad there is front control arms). I told him whatever you just told me to email it to me.

The 2 inch Mopar lift in question

https://store.mopar.com/oem-parts/mopar-two-inch-lift-kit-four-door-3-6l-engine-77072395ae

Screenshot_20220118-105929_Messages.jpg

He texted me back this

" I talked to the manager and after doing some research it still takes over 6 hours plus the alignment. Since mopar is advertising the estimated time of 2-3 hours we will ignore the actual book hours and take care of it. I will give you a call when its ready by the end of the day "
I had a similar experience at 4Wheel Parts. Those jagaloons wanted to charge me for 12 hours of labor for a 2" ADF spacer lift on an '18 Subaru Outback. I told them "there's no way it will take that long" and their response was, "we're giving you a discount on the labor because it's a slow time right now. What day do you want to bring it in?" I laughed at him and walked out. I got it done by a local Subaru shop for 4 hours of labor.

Moral of the story: NEVER EVER EVER EVER USE 4 WHEEL PARTS!

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
I'd get the before lift install and after install, alignment report print outs. If they won't provide an alignment report before, then you can get one for about $20 from Firestone, etc. $20 for just the report, no adjustments. That way you'll have the info you need if it drives like crap after the install.
Literally nothing is adjustable on the mopar lift.

Moto_21

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Ill take “what warranty?” for 400 please alex

JABCAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GC High Altitude 4x4, '22 JLU on order
Occupation
College Professor
Update he just texted me this now, still not ready smh. That's 2 whole days

" I just checked with my tech and and he is still working on the front suspension and i doubt it will be done today. He might have to stay back and finish it but i would still suggest to pick it up tomorrow. "
This why I do all the maintenance & modification installs on all my cars. If I don’t know how, I learn; if I don’t have a tool, I buy it.