Sponsored

My dilemma im having with the service dept installing my mopar lift

Jeepsmashin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
A month ago I called a jeep dealer and made the soonest apt they could to install my 2 inch mopar lift that I bought else where. They said and agreed that it will be no more than $620 OTD for the labor,

So the dealer an hour+ away from me, I get there 20 mins (8:10am) before my apt time and it took them an hour for me to talk to a service advisor and drop it off, I get back before they close and they tell me they can't break the bolts lose, that they are half way done and they need their master mechanic who's coming in tomorrow to do it.

So they send enterprise to pick me up and say that they'll knock off what I paid for the rental car off the price I'm paying for the install and they'll call me today to give me an update and it should be ready today.

Okay fine no big deal right

just called me a few mins ago and said that I don't have the " basic mopar lift " that I have the full extensive mopar lift kit, it has control arms and thats a 10-12 hour job, says regular price is $2400 (labor only) but he'll meet me half way and charge me $1200. Lol wtf from mopar it says 2-3 hours to install, I told him give me the part # of the basic mopar lift kit, there's so such thing, he stats that it's not online nor on the brochure lol

I sent him the link and part # of my lift kit and it does says install to time 2-3 hours and there's no control arms ( Edit: My bad there is front control arms). I told him whatever you just told me to email it to me.

The 2 inch Mopar lift in question

https://store.mopar.com/oem-parts/mopar-two-inch-lift-kit-four-door-3-6l-engine-77072395ae

Screenshot_20220118-105929_Messages.jpg

He texted me back this

Text 01/18/22 11:57am
" I talked to the manager and after doing some research it still takes over 6 hours plus the alignment. Since mopar is advertising the estimated time of 2-3 hours we will ignore the actual book hours and take care of it. I will give you a call when its ready by the end of the day "

Text 01/18/22 3:42pm
" I just checked with my tech and and he is still working on the front suspension and i doubt it will be done today. He might have to stay back and finish it but i would still suggest to pick it up tomorrow. "

I was there 20 min before my apt to drop it off at 8:20am monday It was ready at 1:45pm Wednesday so it took 2.5 days for them to install the mopar 2 inch lift kit in my JLUR and the front springs are bowed and the front springs are not seated perfectly, it drives fine and straight so far.
Sponsored

Last edited:

scottijohn63

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser, Corvette Z06 Convertible
A month ago I called a jeep dealer and made the soonest apt they could to install my 2 inch mopar lift that I bought else where. They said and agreed that it will be no more than $620 OTD for the labor,

So the dealer an hour+ away from me, I get there 20 mins (8:10am) before my apt time and it took them an hour for me to talk to a service advisor and drop it off, I get back before they close and they tell me they can't break the bolts lose, that they are half way done and they need their master mechanic who's coming in tomorrow to do it.

So they send enterprise to pick me up and say that they'll knock off what I paid for the rental car off the price I'm paying for the install and they'll call me today to give me an update and it should be ready today.

Okay fine no big deal right

just called me a few mins ago and said that I don't have the " basic mopar lift " that I have the full extensive mopar lift kit, it has control arms and thats a 10-12 hour job, says regular price is $2400 (labor only) but he'll meet me half way and charge me $1200. Lol wtf from mopar it says 2-3 hours to install, I told him give me the part # of the basic mopar lift kit, there's so such thing, he stats that it's not online nor on the brochure lol

I sent him the link and part # of my lift kit and it does says install to time 2-3 hours and there's no control arms . I told him whatever you just told me to email it to me.

Screenshot_20220118-105929_Messages.jpg
I just went on the MOPAR site. There is no basic lift kit from MOPAR. My dealer charged me $1000 bucks for install of my MOPAR lift similar to yours.(2.0 Turbo four door), but I live in Santa Barbara. Anywhere else $600 is what people pay.

Last edited:

Will

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
There are front lower control arms in your lift kit. They aren’t, however, a difficult part of the install. Typical dealer treatment, I’m afraid.

OP
OP
Jeepsmashin

Jeepsmashin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
His texted me back

"I talked to the manager and after doing some research it still takes over 6 hours plus the alignment. Since mopar is advertising the estimated time of 2-3 hours we will ignore the actual book hours and take care of it. I will give you a call when its ready by the end of the day"

Sponsored

WannFly

First Name
Priyo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4Xe - ordered, 2019 RAM 1500
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber security
His texted me back

"I talked to the manager and after doing some research it still takes over 6 hours plus the alignment. Since mopar is advertising the estimated time of 2-3 hours we will ignore the actual book hours and take care of it. I will give you a call when its ready by the end of the day"
looks like they are used to gaslighting other customers who might not be as informed as you /. access to this awesome forum to extract money.

thats why i call them Stealership

cavguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
His texted me back

Cool deal! Hopefully you will be good to go. Before you drive off the lot with your Jeep;
  1. Make sure you check and see if they installed the coil springs on the right side. Cross reference the Mopar instructions and the tags (red and blue) on the coils to make sure!
  2. Make sure the coil springs are all seated correctly. The spring should be all the way flush with the seat and non cock-eyed.
  3. Ask them, did they adjust the headlights to the new ride height?
  4. Did they provide you with an alignment data sheet?
  5. Is the steering wheel centered? If not, you may even see a Service Electronic Stability Control error message displayed on the dash.

*Edited post

Last edited:

scottijohn63

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser, Corvette Z06 Convertible
His texted me back

Wooo whooo! Hope he keeps his work when you pick it up. At least you can show the manager your test with him!

OP
OP
Jeepsmashin

Jeepsmashin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
looks like they are used to gaslighting other customers who might not be as informed as you /. access to this awesome forum to extract money.

thats why i call them Stealership
Yes this forum is great, so many knowledgeable people and info here, im happy to be apart of this community .

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jeepsmashin

Jeepsmashin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Cool deal! Hopefully you will be good to go. Before you drive off the lot with your Jeep;
  1. Make sure you check and see if they installed the coil springs on the right side. Cross reference the Mopar instructions and the tags (red and blue) on the coils to make sure!
  2. Make sure the coil springs are all seated correctly. The spring should be all the way flush with the seat and non cock-eyed.
  3. Ask them, did they adjust the headlights to the new ride height?
  4. Did they provide you with an alignment data sheet?
I pick it up this evening, I will check all this out with them upon pick up. Thank you

cavguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I pick it up this evening, I will check all this out with them upon pick up. Thank you
Your welcome, if you don't feel comfortable checking their work in front of them (which can sometimes cause animosity) you can always just pull around the corner somewhere safe and get out and check too - might save you a trip back.

Otherwise if you need more time you can post pics on the forum (of each coil spring top to bottom / front and rear) - but might take awhile to get comments.

OP
OP
Jeepsmashin

Jeepsmashin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Your welcome, if you don't feel comfortable checking their work in front of them (which can sometimes cause animosity) you can always just pull around the corner somewhere safe and get out and check too - might save you a trip back.

Otherwise if you need more time you can post pics on the forum (of each coil spring top to bottom / front and rear) - but might take awhile to get comments.
I will go over the little check list you posted with them when we inspect the jeep upon pick up. Thanks again

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
When you pick it up they’ll probably want to sell you and extended warranty, maintenance plan and “protection pkg” on it

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I'd get the before lift install and after install, alignment report print outs. If they won't provide an alignment report before, then you can get one for about $20 from Firestone, etc. $20 for just the report, no adjustments. That way you'll have the info you need if it drives like crap after the install.
Sponsored