Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
That is not uncommon sir.. I can tell you it's actually the norm.

If it bothers you, you can have a shop install SPRING CORRECTION PADS.

https://www.4wheelparts.com/p/rock-krawler-front-spring-correction-pad-rk06705k/_/R-GMDR-RK06705K?ppcfon=1&gp=1&ecmp=s:google_9816039562_98101475017__pla-668137088066&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=SC Shopping - Brand/Number - MEDIUM MARGIN&gclid=CjwKCAiA0KmPBhBqEiwAJqKK4589VSB6ZtF28X57kSQGtoHWEWQKJq6ChkrksU1trzf2wDxs-WoLYRoCj2gQAvD_BwE

EDIT sir or ma'am.. not sure these days lol.. addressing everyone the same continually gets me in trouble
Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for picā€¦.. I wanted to confirm my point that the gap on passenger side isolator, which is shitty work, is not causing or contributing to the bow. You see the drivers side is slammed up tight, and I think the drivers spring is worseā€¦..

Jeep Wrangler JL My dilemma im having with the service dept installing my mopar lift 2372E434-CD9F-4CA1-B27D-136B033BA345

Can you get a measurement for me ? Measure like in the pics, and weā€™ll see how far your axle has shiftedā€¦ā€¦.I think this is most of the problem, but itā€™s also those isolators, you see in pic how itā€™s flipping up and looks wavy it shouldnā€™t look like that.

Jeep Wrangler JL My dilemma im having with the service dept installing my mopar lift CF22AB52-05C5-4807-9D75-758FFF7CD528
Jeep Wrangler JL My dilemma im having with the service dept installing my mopar lift EABE7B5E-A58E-4368-9A63-6421E76716A1

Last edited:

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
I don't think they're gonna fix that Roky w/o correction pads.. I know I tried EVERYTHING.. adjusting the trackbar, reseating everything.. nothing worked except the correction pads. And the mopar lift is KNOWN for that.

You probably have more experience than I do.. so..

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I don't think they're gonna fix that Roky w/o correction pads.. I know I tried EVERYTHING.. adjusting the trackbar, reseating everything.. nothing worked except the correction pads. And the mopar lift is KNOWN for that.

You probably have more experience than I do.. so..
Yeah definitely needs pads, but I want OP to have as much information and pics as possible in case he decides to go back to the dealership. Heā€™s doing all of this through them because not wanting to jeopardize lifetime warranty, which I know nothing aboutā€¦ā€¦.

I think it sucks that you canā€™t fix your rig right because Mopar doesnā€™t offer adjustable track bar, better spring pads, and longer/adjustable control arms, and their saying if you use any other brand itā€™ll void the warrantyā€¦ā€¦Total Bullsquirt if you ask meā€¦..

Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Not that is changes much but are the rubber nubs sticking through on top? hard to tell in recent pic but looks like the top could be setting a little sideways.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Yeah definitely needs pads, but I want OP to have as much information and pics as possible in case he decides to go back to the dealership. Heā€™s doing all of this through them because not wanting to jeopardize lifetime warranty, which I know nothing aboutā€¦ā€¦.

I think it sucks that you canā€™t fix your rig right because Mopar doesnā€™t offer adjustable track bar, better spring pads, and longer/adjustable control arms, and their saying if you use any other brand itā€™ll void the warrantyā€¦ā€¦Total Bullsquirt if you ask meā€¦..
They will never notice the spring correction pads. Personally I'd buy the pads and an adjustable track bar and dial it in myself. If you need to take it in for warranty work swap the stock track bar back and you're good to go. It's 2 bolts and you don't even have to jack the vehicle up.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
They will never notice the spring correction pads. Personally I'd buy the pads and an adjustable track bar and dial it in myself. If you need to take it in for warranty work swap the stock track bar back and you're good to go. It's 2 bolts and you don't even have to jack the vehicle up.
Yeah, totally agree, definitely what Iā€™d do if I was in this situation. And if donā€™t have the means or ability to do it, get in with Jeep club, thereā€™s always help thereā€¦..or run it over to @Moto_21 house, he swapped his axle in the street in front of his house, I think heā€™s qualifiedā€¦ šŸ˜‚

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
OP, when I installed my Mopar lift kit, I had an assortment of lower front spring pads.

There was no way to make the springs straight with the Mopar (updated AE pads), putting the aftermarket pads (Daystar, Fishbone, etc) made the springs 100% straight up and down.

I did use aftermarket front/rear track bars, but the difference in length from OEM was trivial, not enough to make much of a difference. The spring pads make a huge difference. I say pull the Mopar ones. Not worth it to keep them.

cavguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
What makes me nervous is the clearance circled in red.

Not sure if you would rub the metal lip of the upper bump stop tower on the spring itself due to the bow of the spring / shifting of the axle in a condition where you articulate.

Jeep Wrangler JL My dilemma im having with the service dept installing my mopar lift 20220121_102608

Last edited:

Sponsored

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
I agree with about everyone. Get an adjustable track bar and get your axles centered.

OP
OP
Jeepsmashin

Jeepsmashin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Am I measuring from the inner or outer side of the tire?

Also my driver side wheel sticks our further and the side is flush, is that normal?

Okay ill get some adjustable track bars, what brand?

20220121_172340.jpg

20220121_171758.jpg

20220121_173506.jpg

20220121_173459.jpg

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Am I measuring from the inner or outer side of the tire?

Also my driver side wheel sticks our further and the side is flush, is that normal?

Okay ill get some adjustable track bars, what brand?

Jeep Wrangler JL My dilemma im having with the service dept installing my mopar lift 20220121_173459

Jeep Wrangler JL My dilemma im having with the service dept installing my mopar lift 20220121_173459

Yeah thatā€™s normalā€¦. when you lift the Jeep the track bar pulls the axle over to the drivers side.

Yours isnā€™t as bad as most. Hard to see but Iā€™m guessing 1/2ā€ off, that means you got 2.5ā€ of lift. Since itā€™s only shifted 1/2ā€, I would just do the spring pads for now and see how that looks. You can get track bar at anytime. Iā€™m pretty confident the pads will straighten it upā€¦ā€¦

Brand of track bar is up to you, theyā€™re all way better than stock.

OP
OP
Jeepsmashin

Jeepsmashin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I'll buy these rock krawler correction pads

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
@Jeepsmashin when I did my Mopar lift, my dealer (and competent mechanic) installed it. I priced out Rancho adjustable trackbars and the parts department price matched the Amazon pricing. They installed those as well and encompassed them into warranty.

In saying that. I actually trust my dealer mechanic. He knows what he is talking about and has offroad experience.
Sponsored