Sponsored

My Diesel Range at 8k Miles

Paluss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Just crossed the 8k mile threshold which I consider the Diesel to be fully broken in. I seem to be getting very good range from a tank of fuel. I consider this to be good for a 18 gallon tank. I refilled with 17.2 gallons (I know a bit low) and my calculations are 25.2 MPG on mixed city/highway driving. Loaded JLUR steel bumpers, 35s with Mopar beadlocks....

IMG_1368.jpeg
Sponsored

MountainRigged

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 23' JLUR 3.0L EcoDiesel
Lots of highway I'm guessing, but if you noticed when you purchased it, depending on your options, that's about what it Says should be expected.

I have some heavier 37s and AEV Borahs, and a 2.5" lift so mine is a bit lower, but the city driving definitely kills it the most when you're heavier. Really have to look ahead and cost from light to light trying not to stop completely and such.

I think stock mine said 21 city, 26 hw 23 combined. But depending on the speed I would be as high as 36 at a constant highway speed.

With everything on mine now, mine is down about 18 city 24 highway. But there are certainly times where it coasts at 26+ on the roads and highways. They're pretty good engines for the application.

OP
OP

Paluss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
About 70 percent highway and my city is not commuter miles (stop and go), strictly highway around 27-28 at 70 mph....
Sponsored