Sponsored

My diesel arrived today but I'm not taking it. Up for grabs!

Sydwaiz

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD, 73 CJ-5
The diesel Rubicon I ordered at the beginning of March finally arrived yesterday at my dealer. 17 weeks from the order date due to the shutdown. Went to go see it today. I'm not taking it so if anyone is looking for a Firecracker Red Rubicon Unlimited with the SkyOnetouch top, it's up for grabs.

It's basically fully loaded except for the wheels. Now some may not realize this but when you order the Mopar perforated leather seats, it basically downgrades the rest of the interior. This means you don't get the premium door panels, leather trimmed brake handle, (not sure about the dash) and it deletes the back seat arm rest that would normally come with the premium leather package. You would think that if you are paying for a premium leather that you would received the rest of the interior too. Well, we didn't realize this when we ordered as the Jeep site doesn't explain this and neither did the sales rep. Don't get me wrong, it's a great looking and feeling seat but the no arm rest in the rear and the downgraded door panels was a deal breaker for my wife who is going to be driving this daily. The dealer said no problem if we didn't want it because they it will sell immediately to someone else maybe even this weekend.

If anyone here is interested, message me and I'll give you my sales associates name and number. Here is a picture to entice you!
Jeep Wrangler JL My diesel arrived today but I'm not taking it. Up for grabs! 2020rubi
Sponsored

mjaga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Sting Grey
Wow. Super glad we didn’t opt for that, but I’m really shocked that this isn’t more clearly explained. I’m sorry you waited all that time to be disappointed.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
I can tell you that 4 local (within 50 miles of me) dealers have NO WRANGLERS or GLADIATORS on their lots. Not even used. I asked my dealer where they all were, and he said they were gobbled up not long after this stay at home bullshit. So he is right; it will probably sell quickly. Hopefully your wife finds one she likes :like:

nostatic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JL Sport S PDN, '18 R1200GS Rallye
Occupation
chief bottle washer
I can tell you that 4 local (within 50 miles of me) dealers have NO WRANGLERS or GLADIATORS on their lots. Not even used. I asked my dealer where they all were, and he said they were gobbled up not long after this stay at home bullshit. So he is right; it will probably sell quickly. Hopefully your wife finds one she likes :like:
I bought my Sport S on Memorial Day weekend. Dealer had about 20 2-doors, and twice as many unlimited. Sales guy said they weren’t getting any more, still got a reasonable deal as it was a 90 day car. Looked at their site a few days ago and zero 2-doors. Still have Unlimiteds so those may be easier to find.

Russ Chung

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD, 2005 TJ
The interior choices are confusing. I'm about to place an order for a JLURD and I want to make sure I understand the differences.

According to the Jeep.com web site, the seat options are:
1. Standard is the Black Premium Cloth Low-Back bucket seats (D5X9)
2. Optional are Leather Trimmed Bucket Seats MSRP $1595 - Black (ALX9) or Dark Saddle (ALTV)
3. Mopar Perforated Leather Black MSRP $1750 - (CBQ)

I understand that you ordered #3 and did not get premium interior? and in order to get the premium interior you need to order #2? I appears that heated seats are part of the Cold Weather Group and are available on any of these seat options. Is that correct?

Sponsored

WreckEm711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport 6 speed
This is par for my area too. They had 6 total new and used prior to this weekend, and I'm sure with incentives they cleared those out too. It's no wonder the 2020 factory orders finally started seeing a lot of movement, I'm sure they're desperately trying to pump out 2021's to get these lots filled back up.

OP
OP
Sydwaiz

Sydwaiz

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD, 73 CJ-5
The interior choices are confusing. I'm about to place an order for a JLURD and I want to make sure I understand the differences.

According to the Jeep.com web site, the seat options are:
2. Optional are Leather Trimmed Bucket Seats MSRP $1595 - Black (ALX9) or Dark Saddle (ALTV)

I understand that you ordered #3 and did not get premium interior? and in order to get the premium interior you need to order #2? I appears that heated seats are part of the Cold Weather Group and are available on any of these seat options. Is that correct?
That is correct. The perforated (CBQ) or stitched option is basically only a seat cover upgrade to the cloth interior. The Leather trimmed option(ALX9) gives you leather trimmed door panels, a rear seat fold down armrest with cup holders, and a leather wrapped brake handle. Maybe a shift knob too, I don’t recall.
As far as I know the cold weather group is available no matter what seats you choose.

PillowFightr

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Data Center Engineer
Sorry you waited for nothing :( I researched this quite allot on this forum until i got the right answer! And when i found the right answer it was someone like you ordering it and getting a sport interior in a Rubicon... Its insane that Jeep still hasnt taken care of this... At lease update the website to give the proper information! How hard could it be...

2. Optional are Leather Trimmed Bucket Seats MSRP $1595 - Black (ALX9)

Option #2 over option #1 or #3 anyday for me!

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR Diesel, '17 Cherokee, '16 JKUR Hard Rock
Occupation
Retired - most of the time anyway
I didn't choose the option because while you get dark saddle seats, the rest of the interior is black. Why can't you get the entire interior in dark saddle like you could years ago or in other Jeep models.

AlamoDawg

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
I have been looking for a used Jeep JL Rubicon and could find one in my areas as they were going like hot cakes. Finally did a nationwide search on Cargurus and found a 2018 JL Rubicon with 30k in Kentucky for $35k. Offered the dealer $34k and got the deal done. Had it shipped to San Antonio. Mind you it only has cloth seats, but it has everything else I was looking for which was the safety group, tow package, and 8.4 inch monitor with Alpine system. Plus it was a manual which is what I wanted. Owned a Liberty back in 2003 and always wanted a Wrangler. Wife likes it and we had fun down at the beach this past month. Very happy so far.

Sponsored

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
You would think that if you are paying for a premium leather that you would received the rest of the interior too.
No I wouldn’t. Maybe you would. And did. And now you hate it.
I didn't choose the option because while you get dark saddle seats, the rest of the interior is black. Why can't you get the entire interior in dark saddle like you could years ago or in other Jeep models.
What does me getting the dark saddle seats have to do with you not choosing that option? I’m not sitting on the FCA product planning meetings and no one from JEEP asked me for my opinion. Stop telling me what I can and can’t get!!!!!

As for your second question, why are you yelling at me? I’m not getting the entire interior in dark saddle like it is on my TJ and other models of yesterday because this is a new model and this is what Jeep offers.

I’m just fucking with you. It’s all bullshit. Hope you have a nice day!! :like:

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR Diesel, '17 Cherokee, '16 JKUR Hard Rock
Occupation
Retired - most of the time anyway
No I wouldn’t. Maybe you would. And did. And now you hate it.
What does me getting the dark saddle seats have to do with you not choosing that option? I’m not sitting on the FCA product planning meetings and no one from JEEP asked me for my opinion. Stop telling me what I can and can’t get!!!!!

As for your second question, why are you yelling at me? I’m not getting the entire interior in dark saddle like it is on my TJ and other models of yesterday because this is a new model and this is what Jeep offers.

I’m just fucking with you. It’s all bullshit. Hope you have a nice day!! :like:
Someone got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning ;-)

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
The perf (CBQ) is just katzskin. So it starts as base cloth and they pull the seat covers and put the Katz on. This is why rest of interior pieces are base.

If you want the perf and the rest of the letter interior buy the standard leather and then get a local shop to swap in the Katz and sell off the factory leather seat covers.
Sponsored