Sponsored

My diesel arrived today but I'm not taking it. Up for grabs!

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR Diesel, '17 Cherokee, '16 JKUR Hard Rock
Occupation
Retired - most of the time anyway
No foul play at all! Come to the DFW and let me treat you to some delicious Italian gelato along with some chilled carbonated beverages. :beer::beer:
I'll be heading to TX next year to do the new Jeep Badge of Honor (Northwest OHV Park, Bridgeport TX) on the way to FL to the new one there.

Hitting the road next week for the new ones in WY, MI, WV and NH. Did the new one in AZ twice last week (close to home for me).

I did all 49 over the last couple of years and thought I had them all until they added 7 more this year
;)

Jeep Wrangler JL My diesel arrived today but I'm not taking it. Up for grabs! 20200125_112831
Sponsored

OP
OP
Sydwaiz

Sydwaiz

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD, 73 CJ-5
The perf (CBQ) is just katzskin. So it starts as base cloth and they pull the seat covers and put the Katz on. This is why rest of interior pieces are base.

If you want the perf and the rest of the letter interior buy the standard leather and then get a local shop to swap in the Katz and sell off the factory leather seat covers.
I know it’s katzkin now after the fact. It’s labeled as Mopar though when ordering it and if I didn’t see it on this forum in other thread, I wouldn’t know otherwise and neither would the average buyer. The Jeep site should explain the differences a little better IMO.

When the new one comes in, I am going to get the katzskin covers for the front. I don’t think they offer a rear version with the center armrest. My back seat passengers will just have to deal with swampass but at least their arms will be comfortable!

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
I'll be heading to TX next year to do the new Jeep Badge of Honor (Northwest OHV Park, Bridgeport TX) on the way to FL to the new one there.

Hitting the road next week for the new ones in WY, MI, WV and NH. Did the new one in AZ twice last week (close to home for me).

I did all 49 over the last couple of years and thought I had them all until they added 7 more this year
;)

Jeep Wrangler JL My diesel arrived today but I'm not taking it. Up for grabs! 20200125_112831
While I admire that you've done all the original 49 what's your feelings on doing them on multiple jeeps but keeping the badges on the current jeep?

I've always felt the badge belongs more to the jeep/driver pair that did the trail.

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
While I admire that you've done all the original 49 what's your feelings on doing them on multiple jeeps but keeping the badges on the current jeep?

I've always felt the badge belongs more to the jeep/driver pair that did the trail.
Personally I feel as a driver, I earned the badge so I move them from Jeep to Jeep. With the difficulty of some of the trails like Pritchett Canyon in Moab, even a well built Rubicon like I have now would probably not make it, my Jeep that did suffered thousands of $$$ damage on Pritchett and I had to go back and do it a second time to finish it up.

Jeep looks at it as my accomplishment, not each Jeep. The points and trails are mine, I just input the VIN of the Jeep that I am doing the trail on. My current Jeep has done probably half the trails, I've done several of the trails twice as you can see by my total check-ins of 96 out of 50 trails. Some of my double trails are several in Moab and Colorado plus my home state of AZ
Jeep Wrangler JL My diesel arrived today but I'm not taking it. Up for grabs! Screenshot_2020-07-07-21-49-01

Sponsored

oceanblue2019

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
Personally I feel as a driver, I earned the badge so I move them from Jeep to Jeep. With the difficulty of some of the trails like Pritchett Canyon in Moab, even a well built Rubicon like I have now would probably not make it, my Jeep that did suffered thousands of $$$ damage on Pritchett and I had to go back and do it a second time to finish it up.

Jeep looks at it as my accomplishment, not each Jeep. The points and trails are mine, I just input the VIN of the Jeep that I am doing the trail on. My current Jeep has done probably half the trails, I've done several of the trails twice as you can see by my total check-ins of 96 out of 50 trails. Some of my double trails are several in Moab and Colorado plus my home state of AZ
Jeep Wrangler JL My diesel arrived today but I'm not taking it. Up for grabs! Screenshot_2020-07-07-21-49-01
Cool. Did Jeep re-issue the badges or did you take them off as you sold Jeeps?

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cool. Did Jeep re-issue the badges or did you take them off as you sold Jeeps?
I had to take them off and let me tell you that it wasn't easy.. It wasn't any easier to take off the adhesive strip that came on them new and it was a pain to put two strips of HD 30lb double sided Gorilla tape on them and trim to size. Jeep will not send you duplicates no matter how much you beg. They did send me the new style versions but I'll save those for my Gladiator next year and retire the "old" ones then. Personally, I like the old style better, they are much "richer" looking than the new ones.
Sponsored