OP
OP
LuvHydro

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
Did you do any inspection before you left? I noticed a bunch of people recommend checking the tire pressure, fuses, etc. So I was wondering if you ran into any of those issues
I just made sure there wasn't anything blatant. The issue, of course, even if there is, what are we going to do, stay at a hotel til it's fixed?

Only issues on mine so far is that one hood hinge that is shy on paint and some tiny white dots on the front bumper, nothing I can't live with.

I checked the fuses and relays once I got home, all tight.

Tires were at 40. I asked Renee to have the service department lower them. She was.... Frustrated (dare I say pissed?) She said they've told them over and over and over. She went and got a guage and did it herself to 36psi.

I feel like someone got their ass chewed out over that.

Other than that I'm 1500 in now. So far everything is perfect as far as I can tell.
Sponsored

Rugradu8

First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Wrangler TJ
Ah that's nice that she goes over it.

Isn't 42 or especially 47 really high? I haven't read much of the Owner's manual yet but I thought reading here 36-37 was the recommendation. Would it be a good idea for me to bring a tire gauge and deflate a bit?
I plan to bring a tire deflator when I pick mine up

Gnip

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubi Sting Gray
Picked mine up and it was a great experience. Wish I would have brought a deflator, but I didn't. They were all crazy high, like in the 40's. That's my only complaint.

Met another forum member picking up his 4xe, pretty great!

Jeep Wrangler JL My detailed Gupton review with photos PXL_20211013_192519768

RedBaron91

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray JLR
Picked mine up and it was a great experience. Wish I would have brought a deflator, but I didn't. They were all crazy high, like in the 40's. That's my only complaint.

Met another forum member picking up his 4xe, pretty great!

Nice looking rig! Did you happen to see another sting gray 2dr rubi with a soft top on the lot?

Gnip

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubi Sting Gray
Nice looking rig! Did you happen to see another sting gray 2dr rubi with a soft top on the lot?
I wish I would have walked the lot, but I did not. They had to have 40+ Jeeps waiting to be picked up... it was crazy. Unfortunately, my wide did walk the lot so I'll look at the pics she took.

I will tell you that the Jeep care chat was able to tell me when my Jeep arrived at Gupton.

Sponsored

badgerridge719

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
I wish I would have walked the lot, but I did not. They had to have 40+ Jeeps waiting to be picked up... it was crazy. Unfortunately, my wide did walk the lot so I'll look at the pics she took.

I will tell you that the Jeep care chat was able to tell me when my Jeep arrived at Gupton.
Did you see a lot of Gladiators or no?

Jeep Chat has been all over the place with delivery ETAs. It's changed pretty much every day since it shipped last week.

Anyone stopping by Gupton this week, keep an eye peeled for a base Sport Gladiator in Sting Gray! It'll stick out I''m sure with the steel wheels like @LuvYella

cooperjet

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Mojave 06 MINI Cooper S

Jeep Chat has been all over the place with delivery ETAs. It's changed pretty much every day since it shipped last week.

Anyone stopping by Gupton this week, keep an eye peeled for a base Sport Gladiator in Sting Gray! It'll stick out I''m sure with the steel wheels like @LuvYella
We will be there Wednesday and we will hopefully be able to look

OP
OP
LuvHydro

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I laugh for 3 reasons.

1) I actually prefer my steelies over all the other$ I've seen so far.

2) My running partner complimented how she loved the wheels, she was serious. I just grinned.

3) One of my long time friends, who is a smartass like me (thus a long time friend) commented how he liked the "Shipping Wheels" and wondered when I'd be putting on the real ones.

But then he went on to tell me he's been wanting a yellow and black jeep for years and that mine was a "really sharp rig".

I, of course, corrected him to tell him it wasn't yellow, it was HellaYella, and oh, btw, not available anymore. Sorry bud. 😆

That was quite satisfying.

Then he said he like the Gecko too. I said, sorry buddy..... bahahaha

JLUW75

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW
Occupation
Engineer
As promised here's my full review of my Gupton buying experience

Built my Jeep online, sent it to Daniel, within 5 minutes he came back with a quote. Normally the price negotiation part of the vehicle buying process is excruciating and time consuming. With Gupton it was painless and quick.

Ordered my JLU Sport 06/18
Build completed 9 1/2 weeks later on 08/24
Arrived at dealer 4 weeks later on 09/23
Picked up a week later on 09/30

I flew a small regional carrier to St. Louis, stayed overnight and flew a Southwest flight direct to Nashville.

I was picked up from the airport by Mike, who I assumed was an employee, but it turns out is a co-owner. Funny thing is I didn't know that as I droned on about how unique and pleasurable the buying experience had been thus far on our 30 minute drive to the dealership. I'll bet he got a kick out of that.

When I arrived I was immediately greeted by Renee and shortly thereafter Daniel.

Renee, who is quite pretty, got right to business as she knew I wanted to get on the road as quickly as possible. We breezed through a few papers, setup my Jeep account and she passed me off to Walter the F&I Manager.

Now normally this is the point where the process usually really starts to suck as the F&I guy tries to scare and strong-arm you into buying a bunch of high-margin, useless crap.

I voluntarily offered to finance a portion of the sales price with the FCA offered 0%/36m terms if it helped Gupton at all. Walter said they got nothing out of it, so that made it easy. He showed me what I owed, less my $1,000 deposit + $499 doc + $7.50 drive away tag, I wrote him a personal check and we were done. Maybe 15 minutes total and a lot of that was us just visiting.

Now Walter did have the extended warranty ready for me to review before the main paperwork. I explained that I planned to sell this one in the spring, after I ordered a new one from them. This was the truth and he took me at my word and withdrew the warranty papers. If life happens and I don't sell, I will buy the warranty through Gupton, because they earned and deserve my future business.

After we were finished Walter passed me back to Renee who took me out and introduced me to my new Jeep that was sitting front and center. Since I had not even sat in one before, I had a number of dumb questions, which she patiently and enthusiastically answered.

Daniel came out as we were finishing up to thank me again for purchasing from Gupton.

I asked if I could peruse the lot and take pics, since I had NEVER saw that many Wrangler in one place at the same time and I got to see all the colors and various trim levels.

Finished that up, popped in and told everyone goodbye, grabbed a soda and headed off on my 7 hour drive back home.

So summarizing, quickest, easiest and best new car buying experience I've ever had, period.

All the staff members I met were as honest & down to earth as they come. I felt like I'd known them for years.
They did exactly what they promised without a bunch of bullshit, shell games or trickery. Very refreshing experience indeed.

And, best of all, I'm luvin this Jeep!

Great feedback! I'm curious to learn how much was the extended warranty? Was it a Mopar service contract or a true FCA factory warranty? I'm thinking about it but not sure which way to go. I also want to compare with my local dealer to see how much he would mark it up.

Sponsored

OP
OP
LuvHydro

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Great feedback! I'm curious to learn how much was the extended warranty? Was it a Mopar service contract or a true FCA factory warranty? I'm thinking about it but not sure which way to go. I also want to compare with my local dealer to see how much he would mark it up.
I honestly didn't look. I told Walter I was selling this one and I would be back in the spring to pickup a 2022.

He said "Oh then we don't need this" and slid the EW off to the side.

If I were keeping this one long term, I'd be interested in the FCA/MOPAR/whatever its called factory branded warranty.

Coletrickle

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 TJ Rubicon, 19 JLU Rubicon, 21 JT Mojave
Occupation
Build Electricity with Coal
I honestly didn't look. I told Walter I was selling this one and I would be back in the spring to pickup a 2022.

He said "Oh then we don't need this" and slid the EW off to the side.

If I were keeping this one long term, I'd be interested in the FCA/MOPAR/whatever its called factory branded warranty.
LOL sounds like your smart ass buddy is gonna get a chance to own a yellow/black jeep after all.

cooperjet

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Gladiator Mojave 06 MINI Cooper S
We had a great trip up to Gupton yesterday. Great service as always and my wife loves her new JL. Seems like they didn’t have quite as many as when you were there. I didn’t count or ask the number though. Still had a bunch though!

Jeep Wrangler JL My detailed Gupton review with photos 1A20C322-3284-4FC8-AD77-E4E032CC51DA

badgerridge719

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Sport
I am all set with Renee for a Thursday afternoon appointment! I will start driving down there tomorrow AM.

Can't wait!
Sponsored