First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara in Punk'n Metallic
Occupation
Retired and spending the kid's inheritance
If you want to spend the $25 or $30 you can watch its progress (or not) multiple times per day.
Sponsored

Snowshoes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 ZJ 5.2 / 2018 JL 3.6
Thanks to @Ron_H for sharing the experience. I gained so much useful information from the forum, I would like to share mine hoping this would help someone else in the future.

Order, Build and Transport Process:
I knew people in the US or get below invoice but didn't find much on the deals near Vancouver.
So I used unhaggle to get the invoice price and set a price I feel okay to pay. I went to the dealership and told them what I want and offered the price I had in mind. The salesman didn't even counter offer and agreed on the price, that's when I noticed I might have messed up the calculation. Long story short, I got 6.2% off the MSRP. I might have saved a lot more if I shopped around but I didn't want to waste my time any more.
I signed some papers and put $2000 deposit on credit card. Whole process took about an hour and half.

Ordering process was smooth but I hated everything after that. My salesman didn't give me any update before I ask him (which was once a week or two) and lied to me every time about the build status or ignore my texts. I was using the jlcryptosticker before but even when my buildsheet and sticker were both found, my salesman said it's still waiting to be built. I confirmed this after signing the jeepgarage tracking. I told him I've been tracking my order but he kept lying even after it's been delivered. I checked with jeepgarage that my jeep was delivered so I asked him about it the next day but he again lied it's not been delivered yet and will be in a week. I told him to not to BS anymore and he went radio silent.

Dealer Delivery:
When I finally went in, salesman was making a LOT of excuses which I didn't want to hear.

- Fuse Panel:
They were seated properly.

- Window Sticker:
Finance guy told me about the window sticker having my name on it since it's factory ordered blah blah and they threw it away. WTF.

- Fuel Level:
It was low but when we went for a test drive, they got me a full tank for free. YAY?

- Tire Pressure:
They were 39/40 PSI.

- Exterior/Interior:
While inspection, I found a lot of scratches and damages on the rear cargo tub. Salesman said they will get me a new replacement part. I will see if it's true.

Finance manager/ICBC:
I was only interested in the FCA extended bumper to bumper warranty (5yr/100,000km) but F&I manager was showing me various combination of warranties. When I stated I'm not interested in tire/rim and paint protection and maintenance package he didn't like it. When I asked for just the 5yr bumper to bumper warranty he kept explaining about the benefits of the maintenance package but I said no thanks. He then gave me the final sales papers and I see extended warranty included in the finance. I pointed it out and got it removed.
He then tells me to sign some papers for the lifetime in-house engine warranty. My dad always told me to carefully review any contracts with a lot of fine print. The contract states I have to do all the maintenance works with their service department or will void the warranty. I said thanks but no thanks again and he really didn't like it.

This is my Canadian order, build and delivery experience.

OP
OP
Ron_H

Ron_H

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Thanks to @Ron_H for sharing the experience. I gained so much useful information from the forum, I would like to share mine hoping this would help someone else in the future.

Order, Build and Transport Process:
I knew people in the US or get below invoice but didn't find much on the deals near Vancouver.
So I used unhaggle to get the invoice price and set a price I feel okay to pay. I went to the dealership and told them what I want and offered the price I had in mind. The salesman didn't even counter offer and agreed on the price, that's when I noticed I might have messed up the calculation. Long story short, I got 6.2% off the MSRP. I might have saved a lot more if I shopped around but I didn't want to waste my time any more.
I signed some papers and put $2000 deposit on credit card. Whole process took about an hour and half.

Ordering process was smooth but I hated everything after that. My salesman didn't give me any update before I ask him (which was once a week or two) and lied to me every time about the build status or ignore my texts. I was using the jlcryptosticker before but even when my buildsheet and sticker were both found, my salesman said it's still waiting to be built. I confirmed this after signing the jeepgarage tracking. I told him I've been tracking my order but he kept lying even after it's been delivered. I checked with jeepgarage that my jeep was delivered so I asked him about it the next day but he again lied it's not been delivered yet and will be in a week. I told him to not to BS anymore and he went radio silent.

Dealer Delivery:
When I finally went in, salesman was making a LOT of excuses which I didn't want to hear.

- Fuse Panel:
They were seated properly.

- Window Sticker:
Finance guy told me about the window sticker having my name on it since it's factory ordered blah blah and they threw it away. WTF.

- Fuel Level:
It was low but when we went for a test drive, they got me a full tank for free. YAY?

- Tire Pressure:
They were 39/40 PSI.

- Exterior/Interior:
While inspection, I found a lot of scratches and damages on the rear cargo tub. Salesman said they will get me a new replacement part. I will see if it's true.

Finance manager/ICBC:
I was only interested in the FCA extended bumper to bumper warranty (5yr/100,000km) but F&I manager was showing me various combination of warranties. When I stated I'm not interested in tire/rim and paint protection and maintenance package he didn't like it. When I asked for just the 5yr bumper to bumper warranty he kept explaining about the benefits of the maintenance package but I said no thanks. He then gave me the final sales papers and I see extended warranty included in the finance. I pointed it out and got it removed.
He then tells me to sign some papers for the lifetime in-house engine warranty. My dad always told me to carefully review any contracts with a lot of fine print. The contract states I have to do all the maintenance works with their service department or will void the warranty. I said thanks but no thanks again and he really didn't like it.

This is my Canadian order, build and delivery experience.
What colour?

Mine is Punk'n so it's easy to spot as I've not seen another on the road around here yet.

Snowshoes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 ZJ 5.2 / 2018 JL 3.6
What colour?

Mine is Punk'n so it's easy to spot as I've not seen another on the road around here yet.
Granite crystal metallic. I've encountered three different JLs so far. I will :like: if I see a Punk'n!

OP
OP
Ron_H

Ron_H

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Granite crystal metallic. I've encountered three different JLs so far. I will :like: if I see a Punk'n!
That was my wife's fav colour. :rock:
Sponsored