Sponsored

My buddy stopped by today in the new whip......

iboostgti335

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Sahara
How are you supposed to wheel in that thing with such little clearance in the wheel wells? It needs another 3" of lift at least.
Sponsored

Canyonero02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green JLUR
yeah he put some 20" mall crawlers on there....35/12.5/20 Open Country's

Not a fan, but I will say they look better in person than what shows in the photos, but not my style...

He got the Badlands version with the 2.7 w/o Sasquatch pkg said he paid like $42.500 pre tax

Unfortunately he was short on time, so we didn't get to compare the driving, but he really liked my leather interior and sound system compared to his cloth seats and standard stereo

His interior seem more spacious up front, but the rear seat leg room was much better in my Jeep.
That's a Big Bend, not a Badlands. The Bronco equivalent to a Sport S.

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
How are you supposed to wheel in that thing with such little clearance in the wheel wells? It needs another 3" of lift at least.
Bronco Pro Tip:
If you take the curbs slow enough, you can limit the flex and articulation.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I had a co-worker express his confusion why anyone would change the wheels and tires just for aesthetic reasons. His sentiment was, "Fancy wheels are for everyone else to see, the driver doesn't see them, doesn't get to enjoy them."

I pointed out to him, "So...they're kinda like that tie you have on, right?" This was decades ago, way back in the day when dress shirts and ties in the office weren't uncommon. "You picked out that tie this morning, you put it on...for us?"

He laughed and replied, "No, I put it on to impress Laura." Laura was the hottest divorcee in the office.

Point is...the only plus to putting on those heavy aftermarket wheels is to make a fashion statement. And fashion statements are from the bearer/wearer to the audience/observer, to feed the presenter's vanity.

In this case...those wheels are awful. Remember...if anyone compliments you in person, they may be just being civil, nice, or polite. No one walks up to a stranger or an acquaintance and says, "Dude...your ride...I hate what you've done with it." Ironically, it's only the ones closest to you and those protected by the anonymity of the internet that will give you honest opinion, and oftentimes, truth.
Maybe the OP will hint to his buddy...:LOL:

Last edited:

TJJL19

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Unlimited Sport
he says he cant go anywhere without people trying to talk to him about it and I don't doubt it...one of the first ones here in Cali to get it.

tempImageUccphB.jpg
Well considering Found Off Road Dead hasn't built one in twenty years! DAAAAA!

Sponsored

OP
OP
SoCal

SoCal

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, 981 Porsche Cayman S, BMW F32, Lexus is250
That's a Big Bend, not a Badlands. The Bronco equivalent to a Sport S.
correct, good catch...I misspoke....It is the Big Bend which is the next step up from the base model

Papa Jawa

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Recon, 99 Miata, 90 Silverado
yeah he put some 20" mall crawlers on there....35/12.5/20 Open Country's

Not a fan, but I will say they look better in person than what shows in the photos, but not my style...

He got the Badlands version with the 2.7 w/o Sasquatch pkg said he paid like $42.500 pre tax

Unfortunately he was short on time, so we didn't get to compare the driving, but he really liked my leather interior and sound system compared to his cloth seats and standard stereo

His interior seem more spacious up front, but the rear seat leg room was much better in my Jeep.
The trim on the Bronco is the Big Bend, not the Badlands. You can tell by the badge on the front fenders. If it has go the Sasquatch package the trim does not matter for capability. The only difference between a Big Bend with SAS and a Badlands with SAS, off road capability wise, is the Badlands has a disconnecting sway bar, and a different drive mode.

Cool rides, let's see some pics of you two on the trail!

OP
OP
SoCal

SoCal

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wheels are subjective (not my style, the OPs friends Bronco that is
Jeep Wrangler JL My buddy stopped by today in the new whip...... 1627923281051
). The Bronco here has 35"s.

Sam
yeah, that looks to have the Sasquatch pkg....is the Jeep on 40's???

They look huge compared to the Bronco's

OP
OP
SoCal

SoCal

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The trim on the Bronco is the Big Bend, not the Badlands. You can tell by the badge on the front fenders. If it has go the Sasquatch package the trim does not matter for capability. The only difference between a Big Bend with SAS and a Badlands with SAS, off road capability wise, is the Badlands has a disconnecting sway bar, and a different drive mode.

yeah, it was mentioned in another post...I will fix it. knew it was one of those "B" letter pkgs lol

I tried to get him to hit up some local trails with me, but he needs a lift first just for some simple trails with his current mall crawler stance....

Sponsored

T Town

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spaceship
If Bronco has painted steel behind the fenders, then...why have fenders? Bronco could be much more narrow if they did what Wrangler does, using unpainted replaceable plastic.
Isn’t it just like the Wrangler? Painted metal fenders behind unpainted plastic pieces?

T Town

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spaceship

There may be some armor differences between the two. I’m not sure.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
a friend of mine text me the other day that he got the new Bronco...I was thinking oh boy, he got that little sport one, insert eye roll, then he sent me pic of it and I didn't believe him as I have yet to see one on the road yet...Told him to bring that thing over asap!! he stopped by today with it....although not the biggest fan of his wheel choice, I was impressed with the rest of it....he says he cant go anywhere without people trying to talk to him about it and I don't doubt it...one of the first ones here in Cali to get it.

tempImageZazycP.jpg
Thank you for sharing.

The more I look at that Bronco interior, the more generic it looks.

omega145

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon
Occupation
Engineer
Congrats to your friend on that Bronco. Would rather have gone for a 2 door and not sure what he was thinking with that wheel/tire setup but to each their own. That Sting-Grey Rubicon is a beauty (even with those 2 extra doors:LOL:) and that's the right choice to make on those wheels. Hopefully seeing your beauty convinces him to ditch that IMO awful setup and give that Bronco something more deserving.