Sponsored

My buddy stopped by today in the new whip......

OP
OP
SoCal

SoCal

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, 981 Porsche Cayman S, BMW F32, Lexus is250
@SoCal Nice stable of rides you've got, nice crib too! Well done :)
And were those wheels already on the vehicle as some add-ons or did he actually pick those out himself?
thanks!!

yeah, he had those put on himself.... I think he was jealous of mine tho;)

OP
OP
SoCal

SoCal

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
one more pic...with no center roll bar it sure has a wide open view of the sky, but I'll take the center roll bar with the alpine speakers in it , thank you...
Jeep Wrangler JL My buddy stopped by today in the new whip...... tempImagejo14TQ

apparently the hard top models have been delayed due to supplier issues

LittleDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara JLU
View attachment 491450 DF6

yeah, but my teenage kids and other passengers appreciate it:like:
Just pulling your leg. I can't remember that last time I was in a vehicle that I wasn't personally operating (thanks, Covid) but I do always check the comfort level of the back seats.

However, I am guilty of forgetting that the air conditioning sucks back there.

OP
OP
SoCal

SoCal

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just pulling your leg. I can't remember that last time I was in a vehicle that I wasn't personally operating (thanks, Covid) but I do always check the comfort level of the back seats.

However, I am guilty of forgetting that the air conditioning sucks back there.

haha...yes, I've heard the complaints about that :bandit:

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I have to admit, I think the Sasquatch is an interesting alternative.
My buddy has a 2 dr hardtop. Sasquatch..... He has had it for awhile now and I have been around it quite a bit .... driven it lots..... and have crawled up and over it doing some mods on it.. wheels, tires, electrical goodies....

I have to say... nice truck.. IF, my buddy could get me one right now, (he owns a Ford dealership) I would have one in one of my garages as I type here. Sure, I'd also keep my 2 dr. Rubi around for at least awhile..

Anyway, the 2 dr. hardtop Sasquatch has really caught my eye/my attention...

Another local guy has a 4 dr. Bronco convertible and it looks like crap with the soft top on. With the top down and doors off it looks pretty good.. I'm not into buses though.... the JLU included..

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
So its a non-squatch package and he added 35's? Does not look like much fender clearance with the squatch package. I would think he will be into those fenders pretty easy being it isn't the squatch.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
So its a non-squatch package and he added 35's? Does not look like much fender clearance with the squatch package. I would think he will be into those fenders pretty easy being it isn't the squatch.
Ford did something very interesting with the fenders and flairs. They intentionally designed the fenders and flairs to be easily removable. Both the front and back. I wonder if Ford or some clever aftermarket company would be able to offer fenders with more clearance for larger wheels and tires? The easily removable fenders and flairs make replacing damaged parts a lot easier.

Below are pics of all the parts that are easily removed on the Bronco.

Jeep Wrangler JL My buddy stopped by today in the new whip...... Screen Shot 2021-08-02 at 7.29.59 AM

Jeep Wrangler JL My buddy stopped by today in the new whip...... Screen Shot 2021-08-01 at 8.14.08 AM

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/2021-ford-bronco-fender-removal-how-to/

https://www.motortrend.com/reviews/2021-ford-bronco-fender-removal/

Last edited:

Mikester86

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
Ford did something very interesting with the fenders and flairs. They intentionally designed the fenders and flair to be easily removable. Both the front and back. I wonder if Ford or some clever aftermarket company would be able to offer fenders with more clearance for larger wheels and tires? The easily removable fenders and flairs make replacing damaged parts a lot easier.

Jeep Wrangler JL My buddy stopped by today in the new whip...... Screen Shot 2021-08-01 at 8.14.08 AM

https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/2021-ford-bronco-fender-removal-how-to/
Nice and all, but he has 35" tires with the fenders installed on a non sasquatch Bronco. So one would think there would be a clearance issue. Or not, I am asking the question.

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
yeah he put some 20" mall crawlers on there....35/12.5/20 Open Country's

Not a fan, but I will say they look better in person than what shows in the photos, but not my style...

He got the Badlands version with the 2.7 w/o Sasquatch pkg said he paid like $42.500 pre tax

Unfortunately he was short on time, so we didn't get to compare the driving, but he really liked my leather interior and sound system compared to his cloth seats and standard stereo

His interior seem more spacious up front, but the rear seat leg room was much better in my Jeep.
How long did he have to wait for it to arrive...

Sponsored

FloridaLarry

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubi 4xe
Occupation
IT Manager
Wheels aren't bad at all. Just more of a street vibe vs rugged.

Jeep Wrangler JL My buddy stopped by today in the new whip...... RUNNER-D741-8LUG-24x14-ET-75-GLOSS-BLK-N-MILLED-A1_1000_8894

FloridaLarry

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubi 4xe
Occupation
IT Manager
Ford did something very interesting with the fenders and flairs.

. . .

Screen Shot 2021-08-02 at 7.29.59 AM.png
If Bronco has painted steel behind the fenders, then...why have fenders? Bronco could be much more narrow if they did what Wrangler does, using unpainted replaceable plastic.

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
Per the Bronco, Wheels aside, looks like any other box SUV, the Rubicon is an Icon. The Bronco with the abominible snowman package or what ever they call it doesnt do it for me.

And the interior, god didnt Ford fire all the playschool plastic designers from the 90's Taurus, was looking at one on the local Ford dealer lot and even the wife shook her head looking at the interior.

Jeepney Johnny

First Name
Rico!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Wheel design is very subjective. The owner is the only person who has to like them...
I had a co-worker express his confusion why anyone would change the wheels and tires just for aesthetic reasons. His sentiment was, "Fancy wheels are for everyone else to see, the driver doesn't see them, doesn't get to enjoy them."

I pointed out to him, "So...they're kinda like that tie you have on, right?" This was decades ago, way back in the day when dress shirts and ties in the office weren't uncommon. "You picked out that tie this morning, you put it on...for us?"

He laughed and replied, "No, I put it on to impress Laura." Laura was the hottest divorcee in the office.

Point is...the only plus to putting on those heavy aftermarket wheels is to make a fashion statement. And fashion statements are from the bearer/wearer to the audience/observer, to feed the presenter's vanity.

In this case...those wheels are awful. Remember...if anyone compliments you in person, they may be just being civil, nice, or polite. No one walks up to a stranger or an acquaintance and says, "Dude...your ride...I hate what you've done with it." Ironically, it's only the ones closest to you and those protected by the anonymity of the internet that will give you honest opinion, and oftentimes, truth.

Ridgway Jeeper

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
I had a co-worker express his confusion why anyone would change the wheels and tires just for aesthetic reasons. His sentiment was, "Fancy wheels are for everyone else to see, the driver doesn't see them, doesn't get to enjoy them."

I pointed out to him, "So...they're kinda like that tie you have on, right?" This was decades ago, way back in the day when dress shirts and ties in the office weren't uncommon. "You picked out that tie this morning, you put it on...for us?"

He laughed and replied, "No, I put it on to impress Laura." Laura was the hottest divorcee in the office.

Point is...the only plus to putting on those heavy aftermarket wheels is to make a fashion statement. And fashion statements are from the bearer/wearer to the audience/observer, to feed the presenter's vanity.

In this case...those wheels are awful. Remember...if anyone compliments you in person, they may be just being civil, nice, or polite. No one walks up to a stranger or an acquaintance and says, "Dude...your ride...I hate what you've done with it." Ironically, it's only the ones closest to you and those protected by the anonymity of the internet that will give you honest opinion, and oftentimes, truth.
Not only are those wheels ugly IMO but they compromise the function of the vehicle. You have hurt ride quality, capability and likely reliability with the altered offset. "Show Pony" move but to each his own.
Sponsored