Sponsored

My Blue JL! Cheap mods you can do yourself!

Gibbage

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue Sport S
Occupation
3D Artist
No im not putting it on a 6" lift or 35" Tires. My build is all about the small custom mods you can do yourself to make your Jeep your Jeep. I have done a few video's already, but here is a quick overview of what I have done on my Jeep so far.

Over all, I have only spent about $200 in custom mods. That doesn't sound like a lot, but I blacked out the front grill, ceramic coated the paint, made custom head liners, custom entry guards, and started a few nice projects.

Next project is leather wrapping my handles, adding a reverse light and some other money savings mods! I will post here with more mods.

20200310_152417_HDR.jpg
20200314_131844_HDR.jpg
20200211_171813.jpg
20200223_141037.jpg
20200318_162320.jpg
20200318_162757_HDR.jpg
20200318_173616_HDR.jpg
Sponsored

Endless Summer

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 AMG E63S
those headliners look amazing.. any notable sound benefit?

OP
OP
Gibbage

Gibbage

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue Sport S
Occupation
3D Artist
those headliners look amazing.. any notable sound benefit?
Its hard to quantify that. With the quarantine I have yet to really drive the Jeep much since installing them. I also didnt make any sound samples before installation to compare it after, and its been a few weeks since it was installed. It "should" be better, but I dont think it will be night and day better. Music should sound a bit more crisp since your not getting secondary bounces/reverb from the fiberglass ceiling. It was more aesthetics than sound for me, and any sound benefit was just a bonus. Their is a way of really killing a lot of sound pollution from your hard top and I plan on doing that very soon, and only involves a rolled up towel. =)

Kevin

JohnT

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
4-minutemiles.weebly.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2-door
The Entry guards are a must... i put some rugged ridge ones on my Jeep, and it looks like they belong there - not sure why this is not a standard on these jeeps - instead of crawling in over a painted surface.

jakebrake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler rubicon recon
The Entry guards are a must... i put some rugged ridge ones on my Jeep, and it looks like they belong there - not sure why this is not a standard on these jeeps - instead of crawling in over a painted surface.
Easy. So yoi have to buy a set....from jeep...for 200 dollars.

Or a set off ebay for 25.

Sponsored

dajaga

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sport
Should check out hookeroad bumpers i got a front bumper for 350 cad free shipping and it came with 2 sets of led lights, bull bar, place to mount a winch. Super easy install

JohnT

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
4-minutemiles.weebly.com
Vehicle(s)
Should check out hookeroad bumpers i got a front bumper for 350 cad free shipping and it came with 2 sets of led lights, bull bar, place to mount a winch. Super easy install
wow... sounds a bit too good to be true. Does anyone have any experience with these? My son is looking for mods for his jk.

dajaga

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sport
Nope totally legit, installed it back in December, couldn't afford one of the name brand bumpers after having to buy lights and potentially a bullbar and winch mount. saw it and immediately bought it, shipped fast.

This is the one I got, there is a jk version of this too, they got a lot more jk stuff than the jl. https://www.ubox-offroad.com/collec...rent-trail-bumper-for-jeep-wrangler-jl-bxg543

If you're in Canada https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Hooke-Road-...ash=item4213875f44:g:V0cAAOSwqNxduOdW&vxp=mtr

I modified the oem airdam, just to make the winch just a little more secure, used a factor 55 bolt. It didn't come with the 5 holes in it for bolts, I drilled those myself. Overall I am happy with it.

jeep bumper.jpg

Edit: it also came with the 2 shackles

OP
OP
Gibbage

Gibbage

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue Sport S
Occupation
3D Artist
Thanks for the suggestion. Im considering some old style tube bumpers. They cost $250 and I had a set on my old 1988 Wranger for nostalgia, but these do look nice and are at a good price point!

https://www.extremeterrain.com/redrock-4x4-tubular-front-bumper-textured-black-1819-jeep-jl.html

OP
OP
Gibbage

Gibbage

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue Sport S
Occupation
3D Artist
My next mod is done! I really like the results and makes backing up at night a lot safer.

20200413_144245_HDR.png

Sponsored

JohnT

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
4-minutemiles.weebly.com
Vehicle(s)
Nope totally legit, installed it back in December, couldn't afford one of the name brand bumpers after having to buy lights and potentially a bullbar and winch mount. saw it and immediately bought it, shipped fast.

This is the one I got, there is a jk version of this too, they got a lot more jk stuff than the jl. https://www.ubox-offroad.com/collec...rent-trail-bumper-for-jeep-wrangler-jl-bxg543

If you're in Canada https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Hooke-Road-...ash=item4213875f44:g:V0cAAOSwqNxduOdW&vxp=mtr

I modified the oem airdam, just to make the winch just a little more secure, used a factor 55 bolt. It didn't come with the 5 holes in it for bolts, I drilled those myself. Overall I am happy with it.

jeep bumper.jpg

awesome looking. I did a search for reviews. Their 'about' marketing page is an interesting read... gives a bunch of clues as to where this company is based (not that I have issues with that). Anyhow - nice Bumper.

All Terrain

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited - Sting-Grey

jeep bumper.jpg

How did you wire in the 2 sets of LEDs from the new bumper with your existing fog light wiring. I have heard most hard wire directly in, however, I was hoping there was another way, for example, an adapter etc. I have this exact bumper ordered and on its way from Amazon and I am trying to find out if there is such a harness that can be used as opposed to hard wiring into the OEM harness.

dajaga

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sport
How did you wire in the 2 sets of LEDs from the new bumper with your existing fog light wiring. I have heard most hard wire directly in, however, I was hoping there was another way, for example, an adapter etc. I have this exact bumper ordered and on its way from Amazon and I am trying to find out if there is such a harness that can be used as opposed to hard wiring into the OEM harness.
I cut the harness from the oem fog lights, and spliced the outside ones to the to the harness and the inner ones I made a connection before the harness with a quick disconnect using something like this https://contentinfo.autozone.com/znetcs/product-info/en/US/drm/85460/image/4/

it still goes off of the fog light button, a problem I am having is the led are very bright and don't use them very often ( think the led are brighter than my high beams), Unless there is a way to point them downwards some how, eventually I'd like to get some aux switches and a set of lights above the winch mount.

With the quick disconnects, If I am offroading and it's getting dark just takes a second to complete the connection to get them on.

Overall I am very happy with the bumper, got a few compliments already. make sure you go get some 18 awg wire, probably can use smaller, took some left overs from work so that was free for me.

All Terrain

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited - Sting-Grey
I cut the harness from the oem fog lights, and spliced the outside ones to the to the harness and the inner ones I made a connection before the harness with a quick disconnect using something like this https://contentinfo.autozone.com/znetcs/product-info/en/US/drm/85460/image/4/

it still goes off of the fog light button, a problem I am having is the led are very bright and don't use them very often ( think the led are brighter than my high beams), Unless there is a way to point them downwards some how, eventually I'd like to get some aux switches and a set of lights above the winch mount.

With the quick disconnects, If I am offroading and it's getting dark just takes a second to complete the connection to get them on.

Overall I am very happy with the bumper, got a few compliments already. make sure you go get some 18 awg wire, probably can use smaller, took some left overs from work so that was free for me.
Thanks for the info. Looking forward to installing this, the price certainly was very good.

dajaga

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sport
I don't know if you have a winch, anyways I modified the oem air dam to fit underneith, looks pretty good, anyways I posted a pic on what i have done to have it fit nicer, The green lines is where I used a heat gun to bend the lips upwards, and the red lines is what I cut off, the 2 yellow dots are where I had to drill holes so the back is supported. you can see how the sides look in the previous pic I posted.

I also used a factor 55 lock and installed it on the front hole of the winch mount, it is a very awkward place to get a grinder, if someone is trying to grind it off.

edit: also along the front lip you are going to have to notch out a few section as there is metal going up on the inside of the bumper, just take your time, don't cut down too much or you'll see it, and I used a 1/4 inch drill bit with stainless steel 1/4 nut, bolt and washers. make sure to coat the holes with some sort of paint to avoid rust
jeep airdam.jpg
Sponsored