My bikini 2 door didn’t make the cut traded for a minivan

NavyChief

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wrangler 2dr
I made the decision to go back to a personal vehicle for work even though the new tax law isn’t that favorable to it (sucks actually) but with weighing the pros and cons it makes the best choice. That left me with what to use because as a family we all have Jeeps. I’ve tried to use our copperhead JKU a few years ago and it just didn’t have the room I need so it left me with taking my 2 door to the dealer to see what I could get in trade.
The Dodge dealers were pretty similar with 24-25k trade but the dealer fees were ridiculous with 900 doc fee, 450 tag fee, 299 window etching, 699 for GPS tracking something, 399 for some cleaning service etc. that added almost 3k to the price of the other vehicle.
Went to a Ford dealer that advertised no fees to look at a used Pacifica and it was awesome. So now to negotiate the trade.. they offered me 25k for the Jeep which is the same as the other dealers but I ask what if I give you my rubicon wheels/tires and rock rails? I showed them pics of it with everything installed and the sales manager was like wow that would sell much better looking like that and offered me 26k for everything. I’m thinking that’s pretty fair and they only wanted 23k for the Pacifica which is also a really good price so pulled the trigger and with trade worth more there was no sales tax, transfer tag fee 175 and a 25 title fee.
I unbolted the stock spare, left it with them and went back to the house to get the Rubicon wheels and tires. Has anyone tried to stick 4 33” wheels/tires in a 2 door with the back seat installed? I really should have left the seat with them but I was able to get them all in and bolted the big spare on. So drop off the Jeep and they posted pics to their website with the tires still in the Jeep lol. They have them mounted now just haven’t updated the online pics but looks funny seeing a tire in the passenger seat.
Salesman is pretty cool and owns a Gladiator so was super familiar with the Wrangler. Hell hes probably on here I didn’t think to ask.
I would miss it but having the bikini JLUR in the drive now made it easy to let it go. I just need to get me some soccer ball or stick figure family stickers to upgrade the van and I’ll be set.

92BC5B1C-9B1C-4978-89B4-169A0F64FDCE.jpeg

33662276-A84A-4698-8A83-A949829FC29F.jpeg

3663254B-3BD7-4F03-A86C-3FD24395E307.jpeg
Sponsored

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Hmm, interesting... the Pacifica looks great, I must say. And I’ve driven a rental for a week and didn’t mind it at all. Not that I’ll ever own a minivan, the wife would sooner divorce me than drive one.

Well, glad you’re still in a jeep, even if it is a four-door! ;)

OP
OP
NavyChief

NavyChief

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wrangler 2dr
Yea I wish I could drive one for work. I was surprised what they gave me for trade. Wranglers have really good value. Being a 2 door and a sport hurt me though. Giving me what I wanted for the wheel/tires was pretty surprising as dealers usually don’t give you anything for upgrades.
We had the Rubicon up there to sign some papers later and they offered almost what we paid for it new.

Last edited:

ODDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hella Yella Sahara
We too are a JLU and a minivan family! Since we got the Sahara, we hadn't used the minivan nearly as much. Until the death wobble started. Now the minivan is getting more use again.

46477975562_2597416bb0_k.jpg

Sponsored

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
Hell I thought you traded for a 4 door. You really bought a minivan. Good news is, now you have 2 of them. :bandit::CWL:

OP
OP
NavyChief

NavyChief

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wrangler 2dr
Nah I already had the 4 door Rubicon. I needed the minivan and just didn’t make sense to keep all the Wranglers. To be honest if I knew we were going to end up with the JLU I wouldn’t have even bought the Sport but hindsight..

JJSix

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2016 Dodge Caravan
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
That makes another with a minivan and a Wrangler! We have a 2016 Grand Caravan and a 2020 JLUR in Bikini, both have their uses, the minivan handles the cross-country drive with the kids much better, love the JLUR but the one long trip in it was enough, the minivan just eats miles!

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
I have my JL Sport, wife has a Merc Mountaineer...fairly close to a mini-van.

Sponsored

Squibbles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GTI, Ranger
We too are a JLU and a minivan family! Since we got the Sahara, we hadn't used the minivan nearly as much. Until the death wobble started. Now the minivan is getting more use again.

46477975562_2597416bb0_k.jpg
Where do you get a 4WD Toyota minivan? I thought Quigley or Mercedes were the only options for 4X4 vans in the United States.

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
We have a 2-dr JL, a Honda Civic, and a Honda minivan. Each has a purpose. Jeep for fun, Civic for mpg, and the minivan for long trips and hauling things/people.

agarber5687

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLU Sport Altitude, '18 Chrysler Pacifica
We are a family of 4, soon to be 5, and are also rocking the Pacifica + JLU combo. Love the Jeep for my daily driver and family in-town drives while the utility of the Pacifica makes it unbeatable for longer trips.

RJE2

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon Hella Yella
Highlander and JLU Rubicon here. I secretly want a tesla for the self driving for the long highway drives.
Sponsored