Sponsored

my best SoCal price search

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I've spent the better part of two weeks dealing with the purchase of an order I want to make. I couldn't find any California dealers that will order much below MSRP. As suggested on this forum I inquired with several dealers in Idaho and one in nearby Las Vegas. The Idaho dealer quotes that seemed most interesting required financing and affiliates to make the travel worth the expense. Problem that killed using any of them turned out to be, I need to have faith that after a $1,000 non refundable deposit the discounts would be available to me. If they weren't and I didn't sign, I forfeited my deposit. if I could not lock in the discounts at time of placing the deposit. It could cost as much as local dealers.
Bottom line for me is March Dodge quoted me $43,605 cash out the door on a MSRP of $47,520. The best cash price in the SoCal area I have found and importantly, the price is locked in when I place the order deposit.
Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
I've spent the better part of two weeks dealing with the purchase of an order I want to make. I couldn't find any California dealers that will order much below MSRP. As suggested on this forum I inquired with several dealers in Idaho and one in nearby Las Vegas. The Idaho dealer quotes that seemed most interesting required financing and affiliates to make the travel worth the expense. Problem that killed using any of them turned out to be, I need to have faith that after a $1,000 non refundable deposit the discounts would be available to me. If they weren't and I didn't sign, I forfeited my deposit. if I could not lock in the discounts at time of placing the deposit. It could cost as much as local dealers.
Bottom line for me is March Dodge quoted me $43,605 cash out the door on a MSRP of $47,520. The best cash price in the SoCal area I have found and importantly, the price is locked in when I place the order deposit.
Inventory is going to do nothing but grow at this point -- but I see your concern. What were the specific 'discounts' that you were relying on?

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ram TRX, 20' Gladiator LE
I saved thousands working with Kent Shurtluff at Petersons Stampede CDJR in Nampa, ID. Your deposit is safe and actually used as the down payment.

BTW, out the door means tax and license included. If that’s the case then that is a great deal for you.

dspilman

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon 2-Door 3.6L Manual, 1997 TJ Sport 2-Door 4.0L Manual;
Occupation
Architect
I got a guarantee in writing from the salesman, Antonio, from Jim Marsh in Vegas (who a bunch from SoCal on this forum have bought from), that they do a flat 5% below invoice. His statement in writing plus all of the happy customers on this forum provided enough confidence for me to move forward with the deposit.

If they for whatever reason didn’t honor this guarantee at time of delivery, it will be made known in this forum and they will not see the business of another JL Forums reader haha.

Pretty sure this forum alone has brought Antonio more business then he knows what to do with. I’m sure he’s thankful for all the LA dealers who won’t drop below MSRP haha.

Sponsored

jvanloon

First Name
Jeromy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2022 JLURXR on Order
I've ordered my last two Jeeps from Gunnar at Dennis Dillon and the only change that was made was the price adjustment that FCA made while my JLUR build was in process which was written into the agreement. Both sales went off without a hitch and my deposit was used as a down payment for the purchase.

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Out the Door" means it included fees for registration transfer and doc. I was told Marsh does not collect Ca. tax or Ca. vehicle registration.
My transportation expenses, lodging and loan interest was going to eat up more than 1/2 of the $2000 finance discount. At best, it was marginally worth three days of my time plus expense's. My best deal is cash at Marsh in Vegas.
BTW After your expense's, if you saved thousands you must have got more than a 2G discount.
I saved $7,450 off MSRP or 14%.

Weird that they wouldn’t collect your sales tax. They collected my sales tax and sent the paperwork to my DMV office so I could register it when I got back home.

jvanloon

First Name
Jeromy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2022 JLURXR on Order
What is your finance charge if you don't mind me asking. I never could get an answer as to what it was going to cost.
It depends on the person. They can't tell you until they run your credit for the loan and they can't do that until the jeep is ready for delivery. I can tell you that the rates aren't competitive but generally you'll be better off taking their financing and refi with your bank after 6 months rather than losing the 1k discount. You could always give up the 1k and use your own financing Grimm the start as well. I think the diff between Dennis Dillon and Jim Marsh is about 2% and Marsh doesn't hold you to special financing. It was worth it for me and I got a road trip with my new Jeep out of it.

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My quotes from Id. dealers and Marsh in Vegas where all FWP(invoice) not MSRP. I never considered paying MSRP so it's hard for me the jump to MSRP and say that is the price from which my savings are based. LOL, My local dealers are even adding premium's of $995 to 2019's on their lots.
I have heard some weird sh*t talking to the many different sales people. Some laughable, some out and out B.S. I expect I will only know the numbers when it's written on a contract. I'm pretty sure Peterson quote said they collect a registration transfer fee $28. and $9 travel permit no California tax or registration. I do that when I registering Ca. . I do know California with get Approx. 3348 for 8% sales tax and approx. $550 each year for registration weather it's collected by dealer or not.
MSRP was $49k, invoice $46k and bought for $41k or as I stated 14% off MSRP.

BTW, in Cali your registration went up 100% from last year so don’t be shocked if you’re off by a few hundred when you get that bill.

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WOW, you got 5G off invoice. You the man!
You can too. Just order one the way you want. Wait 8 weeks, then go pick it up or pay a service to deliver it. Simple. Matter of fact the waiting is the worst part of the transaction. Call Kent Shurtluff at Petersons Stampede CDJR, Nampa, ID. He does this for a living and has many clients in Cali. He used to live in Cali too.

Sponsored

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My quote from Kent was $41,605 vs invoice $44,860
Still pretty good, 7.26% below. We ordered Ocean Blue and he knocked off another 1% since he hadn’t seen one. We also ordered at the end of August before the cutoff so there may have some backend factory money then too.

Here’s the best part...he calls you. Picks you up at the airport. Vehicle is dealer prepped. Finance has your loan docs for signature and away you go. They ask for you not to payoff or refinance for a couple months but that’s up to you. Piece of cake and no need to haggle.

MattJeep

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
golf
Sorbs, read my first post. Idaho gamble was not my best play. Vegas baby. Cheers!
I'm about to place an order with Jim Marsh, and I was wondering if you have any updates to share.
Did you place your order yet? Any new dealer tricks to watch out for?

Thanks,
Matt

domcalise

First Name
domenick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLR
I just purchased a JLR from Autonation CDJR in Valencia CA.

I was able to get 14% off MSRP!! $51,150 for the Jeep, I paid $43,989. Invoice was $48,266, so I guess thats a little better than 8.5% off invoice.

I did a lot of digging in the Los Angeles area trying to find a great deal on a Rubicon without having to go all the way out to Vegas. I located 18 almost identical JL Rubicons in a 50 mile radius started visiting dealers and working prices on them, each deal I was handed I brought somewhere else and asked if they would beat it. I finally got an insane deal, but the Jeep didn't start when I went to test drive, so I took that offer to a dozen other dealerships they all told me there's no way they would be able to come close, until I found a dealership with 3 identical rubicons sitting on their lot, they appeared desperate, going through construction and working out of trailers. I got them on a good day, I called and spoke to the sales manager Paul, he said if I can swing by that night he would do better than match the price, I went there, he beat the offer, I picked up the jeep 2 days later. He told me he was hoping I never showed to pick up the car, because I got him to agree to it on a day they had no deals.

Worth giving them a shot. But not sure they'll do that for everyone, they took a sizeable loss.

Krawler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
I just purchased a JLR from Autonation CDJR in Valencia CA.

I was able to get 14% off MSRP!! $51,150 for the Jeep, I paid $43,989. Invoice was $48,266, so I guess thats a little better than 8.5% off invoice.

I did a lot of digging in the Los Angeles area trying to find a great deal on a Rubicon without having to go all the way out to Vegas. I located 18 almost identical JL Rubicons in a 50 mile radius started visiting dealers and working prices on them, each deal I was handed I brought somewhere else and asked if they would beat it. I finally got an insane deal, but the Jeep didn't start when I went to test drive, so I took that offer to a dozen other dealerships they all told me there's no way they would be able to come close, until I found a dealership with 3 identical rubicons sitting on their lot, they appeared desperate, going through construction and working out of trailers. I got them on a good day, I called and spoke to the sales manager Paul, he said if I can swing by that night he would do better than match the price, I went there, he beat the offer, I picked up the jeep 2 days later. He told me he was hoping I never showed to pick up the car, because I got him to agree to it on a day they had no deals.

Worth giving them a shot. But not sure they'll do that for everyone, they took a sizeable loss.
That’s interesting news. I was literally working with them on a deal for a rubicon last Friday. They offered $5250 off msrp then they changed it to only 18s and $4k off 19s. I might have to call them back!

Krawler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
That’s interesting news. I was literally working with them on a deal for a rubicon last Friday. They offered $5250 off msrp then they changed it to only 18s and $4k off 19s. I might have to call them back!
So your deal was a 2018 two door JLR for 14% off? I thought this was for a 2019 JLUR. Those still seem to be tougher to negotiate in so cal.
Sponsored