Sponsored

My admittedly weak justification for buying a Jeep...

OP
OP
daveprice7

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
I agree Jennalee, I’ve lived in NYC my whole life. I envy the folks who can go on those beautiful trails and mountains. For me to go trailing I’d have to drive to Pennsylvania.
I've always lived here, but when people talk about Oregon, I always think of this John Oliver bit...

"We get it, Oregon, you live in a cartoon..."
Sponsored

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I honestly looked at em, but there's no way it would be able to maneuver through my trees. I was barely able to sneak through with the 2dr+hitch basket. I think even a 4dr wouldn't be able to turn tight enough.
I would love to see some more pictures or even a video of you going up and down the path. I took my JT up and down mountain/logging/coal roads in Eastern KY on my in-law's tree farm (syrup) and they only ever used their SXS on it. There were parts that were a bit sketchy and I certainly was hitting branches at points, even the hardest part (21 degrees up hill with a 90-degree turn at the top) was nothing the JT struggled with. I am not doubting you saying your property was beyond a longer-wheelbase vehicle's capabilities, you know it better than anyone. I am just curious how the terrain compares

OP
OP
daveprice7

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
I would love to see some more pictures or even a video of you going up and down the path. I took my JT up and down mountain/logging/coal roads in Eastern KY on my in-law's tree farm (syrup) and they only ever used their SXS on it. There were parts that were a bit sketchy and I certainly was hitting branches at points, even the hardest part (21 degrees up hill with a 90-degree turn at the top) was nothing the JT struggled with. I am not doubting you saying your property was beyond a longer-wheelbase vehicle's capabilities, you know it better than anyone. I am just curious how the terrain compares
IMG_20200307_165720-01.jpeg

It was kinda hard to see in photographs, but this is the real problem corner. It's uphill on the right with a cluster of small trees, and a drop-off to the left edge of the path starting where that larger tree is on the left edge of the photo. You can just make out the tracks I left behind, with just a few inches between those trees. If I turned any tighter, I'd hit tree, any shallower and I'd drop down off the edge of the path. That being said, if I owned a JT, I'm sure I could find a route down there; it would just involve the creation of more firewood!

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
IMG_20200307_165720-01.jpeg

It was kinda hard to see in photographs, but this is the real problem corner. It's uphill on the right with a cluster of small trees, and a drop-off to the left edge of the path starting where that larger tree is on the left edge of the photo. You can just make out the tracks I left behind, with just a few inches between those trees. If I turned any tighter, I'd hit tree, any shallower and I'd drop down off the edge of the path. That being said, if I owned a JT, I'm sure I could find a route down there; it would just involve the creation of more firewood!
Risky? Sure. I agree it's hard to judge based on the photos. Here's one of the harder stretches I had to go, wet/mud rocks going uphill with a sharp 90 degree left turn at the top (this is facing downhill). Looks fine on photo, but in reality it was about as narrow as a SXS and one half was a half-foot lower than the other at parts

IMG_7737.JPG

Sponsored

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
This was about as narrow as it got before the property owner advised me not to go further due to the narrowing of the trail. His SXS gets hit a bit due to narrowness.

IMG_7779.JPG

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Who cares if it is a dirt road, walking trail, running trail, "getting wood and releasing the load" trail.

ANYTHING that convinces your wife, ANYTHING counts. As long as you get the Jeep.

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Who cares if it is a dirt road, walking trail, running trail, "getting wood and releasing the load" trail.

ANYTHING that convinces your wife, ANYTHING counts. As long as you get the Jeep.[/QUOTE

ANYTHING that convinces your wife, ANYTHING counts. As long as you get the Jeep.
I believe the topic of the thread is the strength of the argument for getting a Jeep, not its validity :LOL:

weak reasons that still get your objective are good reasons nonetheless

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Who... "getting wood and releasing the load" trail.

Dirty wood. :CWL:

Conversations regarding buying a _____ with the spouse should consist of the following:

You: “Woman, me go buy ______. Me work ass off and not care what you think.” *make shit eating grin. “Nom nom nom nom. Still love you nom nom”

And then you leave. And that’s the end of the discussion. :CWL:
Sponsored