OP
PatriotX

PatriotX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4xe
What’s the tow limit, my 2021 JL 2.0 is 3500
Same as the rest, IIRC, at 3500lb, #350 tongue weight.

As an aside, they are rated to #5500 tow in Europe, different standards and speed limits though.

I’m currently building an #1800 adventure trailer to move some of the weight off the rig and allow for more svelte wheeling once camped. It should knock off a solid 600lb of carry weight on-trail.
Sponsored

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

Let us know your opinion when you have to replace those batteries.
You mean when a similar battery volume will have better chemistry and be cheaper to replace?

C.Sco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4xe Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I do what I can to keep my Jeep as light as possible (not installing things I'll never use, not carrying tools and gear I'll never use, etc).... but the fact is, my Jeep is heavy as hell, and that's just the way it is. I haven't weighed mine, but I do know I've installed AT LEAST 600 pounds of stuff on it, maybe even pushing 1,000.

But on the plus side, I've seen overlanding JL rigs with way more weight than me, and they seem to be doing fine, so I try not to stress about it too much.

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
i get MPG in the low 20s.
that’s with a full camping load and a lift on 37s.
440+ lb/ft of torque, (when stock)
~350 miles/tank,
and can refuel on Biofuels in about 2.5 minutes.

i confess; i don’t “get” the 4xe.
seems like it just isn’t ready for prime time yet considering my coworkers with them are lucky to get a couple dozen miles out of a full charge.

Hi folks,

Drove across the scales in camping trim, with tools and recovery gear, but without 300lb of water/cooler/camp gear.

Weight was 6040lb with 235lb of me sagging the springs.

Heavy mods include 250ish pound aluminum RTT, Rhino Backbone 3-bar Rack, Warn 12k winch, bumper, plate, Heavy rear cargo rack, and large Optima Yellow Top. Useful mods include rear helper airbags and articulating tow hitch.

The Overland trailer can’t get finished soon enough, lol.

I have averaged a fraction under or above 21mpg over almost 18k miles in this configuration, driving and wheeling as hard as wanted to over the Rockies and half this beautiful country.

I cannot think of another vehicle that can provide this balance of performance, utility, and economy. While it’s trendy to virtue-signal and hate on anything with a battery, this is a phenomenal bridge to our mature electric future when it happens.

Signed,

Someone who had driven V-8s for 35 years until the 4xe.

Sponsored

OP
OP
PatriotX

PatriotX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4xe
i get MPG in the low 20s.
that’s with a full camping load and a lift on 37s.
440+ lb/ft of torque, (when stock)
~350 miles/tank,
and can refuel on Biofuels in about 2.5 minutes.

i confess; i don’t “get” the 4xe.
seems like it just isn’t ready for prime time yet considering my coworkers with them are lucky to get a couple dozen miles out of a full charge.
Can you refuel at home? I do. ;)

Because of my crappy tiny tank, when I do refuel with gas, it takes less time than your diesel.

Last tank was 31.6 mpg

Indicated range is 330+ today, FWIW

You can get 22+ miles all electric, or about 50 at 30+mpg depending on settings.

My best tank over 400 miles was 42.6, all measured on Fuelly.

The 4xe is not the end-all segment killer that will replace every vehicle. It fits for many use cases, mine included. People who actually rail against it here are tilting at windmills.

GMX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Sahara 2.0
That's really not all that bad, considering all the extra weight of electric batteries and all that extra heavy gear.
My stock 2.0L 4 cyl Turbo non electric Rubicon 4 door averages a decent 2l.3 MPG over the last 19,000 miles mostly just me and the normal amount of tools for the road.

Jeep Wrangler JL My 4xe Rubicon is Thiccc 6040lbs … Feel free to point and laugh ;)  [but it still averages 21mpg] 20230503_115436

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
that’s a dang heavy windmill of unproven technology and maintenance cost for a pretty measly gain.
and where was your fuel grown?

“fill at home”? all 22 miles worth? 🤣
sorry; but,BFD. just ain’t there yet.

Can you refuel at home? I do. ;)

Because of my crappy tiny tank, when I do refuel with gas, it takes less time than your diesel.

Last tank was 31.6 mpg

Indicated range is 330+ today, FWIW

You can get 22+ miles all electric, or about 50 at 30+mpg depending on settings.

My best tank over 400 miles was 42.6, all measured on Fuelly.

The 4xe is not the end-all segment killer that will replace every vehicle. It fits for many use cases, mine included. People who actually rail against it here are tilting at windmills.

Bleda2002

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2021 Sahara 4xe
that’s a dang heavy windmill of unproven technology and maintenance cost for a pretty measly gain.

First mass produced hybrid 1997, diesel def and emissions 2010...unproven technology indeed 😂

OP
OP
PatriotX

PatriotX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4xe

Thank goodness you enjoy a less powerful and slower rig, these 4xe aren’t for everyone.

Sponsored

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

What’s your favorite color?
My first car was a red Jeep. Jeepeto II was a tribute. Jeepeto III was almost blue, but I couldn’t break tradition. AAL offers red as a default color and Milwaukee is red. It was never supposed to be this way, but such is life 😂 maybe I should’ve gotten the blue Jeep 🇺🇸

19BA2FF8-41E5-4627-8964-9F21E9C39202.jpeg

LKG

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLUR (soon), Gen 2 Cummins, 22 Sport Alt. R.I.P

lindaspins

First Name
Linda
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Rubicon Hard Rock
Let us know your opinion when you have to replace those batteries.
Not worried. 10 year/100k for '21s and 8 year/ 100k for '22s on. So far no indication of problems. It's a teeny battery pack compared to full EVs and it makes for the 2nd most powerful Wrangler besides the 392, with the same torque and only 100 less HP. They're trail beasts with the added bonus of not using any fuel for local driving. I'm honestly not sure why people are so threatened by this. 🤷‍♀️
Sponsored