First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLSS, 1995 Chevy K2500
Occupation
Arms Dealer
I like nice, somewhat unique vehicles. I don't plan on off-roading or even taking it off pavement.
I understand... I have a smokin' hot new girlfriend. I'm going to keep her inside, and I'm not going to make love to her.

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

I like nice, somewhat unique vehicles. I don't plan on off-roading or even taking it off pavement. I'm also not interested in racing or doing pulls. I will drive it approximately 3,000 miles per year. It will be kept 99% stock. Will I have haters or will I be welcomed?
5CB64EC3-6F80-41E0-86BE-751A353244B6.png

Donkey Fluffer

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU
At least get an angry bird grill so it looks like a real Jeep and we can wave to you.

GeckoJosh

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Baja Yellow
probably yes and no. There will always be people that try to tell you what you should do. I’m sure there are people who look down on my Sport. I think there are way more people who are welcoming to everyone. I say forget about the haters do what makes you happy. As someone from Nebraska I’m more concerned about the Iowa thing! Ha!
đź’Żđź’Żđź’Ż

Sponsored

OP
OP
Iowa_Wrangler

Iowa_Wrangler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392 Firecracker Red, 2022 392 On Order
It's been fun reading all the replies. Thanks to everyone that took the time to write. I didn't write the post for justification or bait and I don't intend on expecting any profit. I simply wanted to take the temperature of this forum. Fairly warm, so I will go back to mostly reading and enjoying what everyone has to offer. Almost everytime I purchase a new vehicle, I intend on keeping it for decades only to trade anywhere from 6 months - 8 years. The average being about 3. I'm excited waiting. Was told the other day the build is set for the 30th. This is my last vehicle, I promise (words my wife is keenly accustomed to).

Retrograde

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLSS, 1995 Chevy K2500
Occupation
Arms Dealer
...Almost everytime I purchase a new vehicle, I intend on keeping it for decades only to trade anywhere from 6 months - 8 years. The average being about 3....
Well hell, you're no different from the rest of us. Welcome to the club!

OllieChristopher

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC 2WD Sierra, 4.3, NV3500, 3:73/TruTrac
As long as you like it that's all that counts. I get crap all the time for using stuff for what it's not intended for.

Example: Beta 520RS dual sport for a "do all" bike and all my 2wd trucks are driven like Jeeps off road. God forbid I purchase a 2 door Rubicon and take it off road on stock wheels. I'll be chastised and hung!!

Seriously though if you can afford it and enjoy the horsepower why not?

thecritter

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JlU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I was absolutely sure I was removing the Rubicon hood decals then I got it and fell in love and still have them. Be careful that throttle might be more fun than you think. Gonna be a fun toy especially naked.. 🤪.

RoadRouge

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Who races a Wrangler anyway? It's a brick going down the road! I even bought a red one because... It's a brick going down the road!

Sponsored

Threedog

First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S (D)
We just placed a Wrangler Sport S on order for my wife. Her type of offroading is missing the driveway and running over the border of the garden and messing up my landscaping. But, we both like the looks of a Wrangler. I like the 392, but balked at the price. I personally think some people go over the top with their mods and you'll never see them go off road. Seems to me they are saying, "Look how much money I have to spend"

JEEP392

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tree
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AEVXR392
I like nice, somewhat unique vehicles. I don't plan on off-roading or even taking it off pavement. I'm also not interested in racing or doing pulls. I will drive it approximately 3,000 miles per year. It will be kept 99% stock. Will I have haters or will I be welcomed?
“Hate” and “racism” will NEVER end… because people won’t shut the fuck up about it!
Haters like to stoke the fires and make those around them miserable.
Peace and happiness is the sole reason I drive a jeep… when that feeling becomes impossible to find, my Jeep takes me where people aren’t… problem solved!
Drive your Jeep, Ferrari, pinto or whatever and enjoy your life!
Amen.

Last edited:

somedude922

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, Previous: 1984 CJ7, 1979 CJ7
We are all Jeep owners. We are accustomed to people pissing their money away. Some just have more to piss away!

Jamrock

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
This thread is just too funny.

I have a smokin' hot new girlfriend ... :CWL: :CWL: :CWL:

@Iowa_Wrangler welcome to the forum.

Your money. Your Jeep.

Post pictures when you get it.

Trainman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Willys 2dr
Finally someone who appreciates a vehicle for what it is, keep it's stock and clean, will defiantly bring the most bucks down the road in years to come. My new 2022 Willys will be keep the same and will mostly be used for just cruising.
Sponsored