MY 392 Will Be Driven Only On Pavement And Will Not Be Raced

Iowa_Wrangler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392 Firecracker Red, 2022 392 On Order
I like nice, somewhat unique vehicles. I don't plan on off-roading or even taking it off pavement. I'm also not interested in racing or doing pulls. I will drive it approximately 3,000 miles per year. It will be kept 99% stock. Will I have haters or will I be welcomed?
Sponsored

JeepJLU402

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sport S - V6 8AT - 30/44
I like nice, somewhat unique vehicles. I don't plan on off-roading or even taking it off pavement. I'm also not interested in racing or doing pulls. I will drive it approximately 3,000 miles per year. It will be kept 99% stock. Will I have haters or will I be welcomed?
probably yes and no. There will always be people that try to tell you what you should do. I’m sure there are people who look down on my Sport. I think there are way more people who are welcoming to everyone. I say forget about the haters do what makes you happy. As someone from Nebraska I’m more concerned about the Iowa thing! Ha!

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon 2022 Ford Bronco
You just described 90% of 392 owners. So no I doubt you'll receive hate. Lol..

xidex

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
me personally, i think a jeep is a good off road tool, i dont see it as an amazingly designed vehicle like a ford gt or a ferrari or something like that, so babying any jeep imo is wasting a good offroad vehicle. I don't see the 392 being a collectors car in 20 years if thats what you are after. Jeep isnt great at towing, its small, cargo room aint great but it is really good offroad and having a blast in it, Fun to cruise around with the roof and doors off, but cant do that if parked in a garage most of its life
any ways my 2 cents
cheers

Sponsored

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
You won't get any hate. You might get some head scratching, people wondering why you bought that vehicle for that purpose and use it so seldom, but it won't be hate. At the very least you're preserving one for posterity. Nothing wrong with that.

Ridgway Jeeper

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
As long as you don't decorate the outside with a worthless hi lift jack, you will be cool in my book...

See, I had angst from another poster wanting a hi lift, I refrained form posting my negative opinion there, pooping on his parade, and dropped it here instead...LOL

I think the 392 is a cool toy. Enjoy it how you wish if you get one. I do not bother trying to understand why people do what they do anymore. Very little of it makes any sense to me so to each his own.

Sponsored

SnowDawg

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2022 JLUR, 2018 Raptor, 2022 TRX
Booo. No fun! ;)

LiveToWork

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 3500HD
Occupation
Oil patch
The only thing i want to know is the WHY. I went with my uncle to get his f type. He never took it over 3k rpm on the test drive, even though it was a demo car. he buys one and sends it away to get another 100HP. And then brags about having the fastest car in town, all the while never taking it over 3500rpm.

i just dont get why have all the power and not having an interest in feeling it? Maybe im just young.

asuperheat

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKU, 21 JLUR 392
Yours so baby it if you want. Nothing wrong with that I.

I don't see the point though if you never plan to open it up or take it off the pavement do you hope to make money on it at some point? It's a fairly expensive depreciating asset at least that's how I see it so for me. It is pretty much a toy and toys are meant to be played with:).

I don't plan to beat it like my JK but I will stretch it's legs and do some light off-roading with it, maybe drag it behind the RV at some point.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Devon, maybe you'll get into a situation where you'll actually have to do some off road or 4x4 duty, and then you may have a different take. But hell, you got a killer Jeep that most all of us would love to have in our garage, just be happy man!
Sponsored