First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Medical Devices
If the only people who bought performance vehicles were those who planned to use 100% of their capability, there wouldn't be enough sales volume to justify making performance vehicles.

So while it doesn't make any sense to me, I applaud your purchase.
Sponsored

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
Your money - do what you want with it.

sure some people will be jealous but not sure why you’d care. Most are friendly on the forums with a sprinkling of curmudgeons you’ll find on any forum.

just dont put an angry grill on it - that seems to be the only universally hated thing on this forum 😉

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
Probably already stated, but most people won't give a sh*t, they certainly won't give two sh*ts. BTW, I found this because I just did a Google search and this came up as the stupidest post of 2021...so far.

Jeeb

First Name
JEEB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps!
The only one that can tell you what to do with your 392 is the person who paid for it. Guessing that's you and nobody on this forum, so you do you! Enjoy!

Sponsored

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Your response. No worries.

Jeep Wrangler JL MY 392 Will Be Driven Only On Pavement And Will Not Be Raced 1635020942902

benny_rt2

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 YJ - 1999 TJ - 2004 TJ
I like nice, somewhat unique vehicles. I don't plan on off-roading or even taking it off pavement. I'm also not interested in racing or doing pulls. I will drive it approximately 3,000 miles per year. It will be kept 99% stock. Will I have haters or will I be welcomed?
Of course you're welcome here. I don't even have a jeep at the moment and i feel welcome here.

I can't relate to your decision not to take your jeep off-road, and i don't understand why you'd even ask such a question about being welcome except to raise a response from haters, but i would be stupid to "hate" or dislike someone for not taking their jeep off-road.

Cuyose

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Data Analyst
Its kinda like my mom and her buying $2000 expresso machines that never get used because they are hard to clean. Its her money, but there is a difference in people that follow form over function and vice versa. I personally don't get why you would do that, but I wouldn't worry about getting any hate, the people you are worried about are out in the country and nature enjoying their jeeps for what they were designed for ;)

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
Dude, here in Iowa, a jeep is pretty useful just getting down the driveway some seasons. I've been driving jeeps since 1969, havent done any serious off roading since 79. I like the look and feel, which is the way many people choose their rides. Buddy of mine has a very hot 'vette...he's never had it on a track. Think anyone gives him crap for not racing? Nah.

Now, having said that...if you will never off road, but plan to trick it out with 37s on beadlocks and a hi lift and a winch the size of a doghouse, my view is that's kind of poser...like that guy walking around in Harley shirts who's never even gotten on a moped. . But opinions are like assholes, and mine's no better than anyone else's.

So, welcome to the forum.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Finally someone who appreciates a vehicle for what it is, keep it's stock and clean, will defiantly bring the most bucks down the road in years to come. My new 2022 Willys will be keep the same and will mostly be used for just cruising.
I'm all for doing whatever you want with your money or your vehicles, but claiming that not wheeling a wrangler is "appreciating it for what it is" may be the dumbest thing I've read online in a long time... and that's impressive. The wrangler has been developed and refined for off road use throughout its history. The Rubicon is the most off road worthy stock vehicle on the planet. With that it is full of compromises for "just cruising". High and upright seating position, great for offroad visibility. Not as comfortable as virtually any car, truck, or suv in the price range. Narrow body with wide stance, axles, and fenders, great for tight trails while being highly maneuverable and stable. This design makes a fairly large vehicle small on the inside, with much less interior space, cargo room, and leg room than virtually any vehicle with similar exterior dimensions. Upright foldable windshield and narrow hood, good for offroad visibility. They lead to more wind noise than almost any modern vehicle and shit aerodynamics that contribute to terrible fuel economy. Solid axles, great for articulation off road. Handling and ride on the road suffer as a result. If you're talking Rubicon, it's even more compromised. 4-1 transfer case is only useful at slow speeds, if you aren't wheeling you'd be better served with an AWD. 4.10 gears are good for torque, but compromise fuel economy and top end speed. All terrain tires provide 0 benefit over a standard LT tire on the road, and cost fuel economy and handling. Lockers on a street rig? Laughable at best. The JL is more streetable than any wrangler before it, but it's still a huge compromise vs a grand Cherokee, an x5, or pretty much any $40-80k vehicle if you just want to cruise around on the street.

Reactions: gek

Sponsored

Cuyose

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Data Analyst
As someone who just did their first Jeep Jamboree, I emplore you to get out on the trails and see how you like it. As the previous poster said, these vehicles are insane off road. You wouldn't believe what they are capable of. Your resale is going to be fine, better than any other used vehicle. Keeping it stock and spotless may get you another 1 or 2k 5 years from now, but if that's your goal, I would just put 75k in the S&P 500 index.

Ldhnsll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S 2.0L Punk’n
Being from Iowa... I've spent many days driving to and from work on 4-ish miles of 'gravel' roads that looked just like my profile pic. I'm that person parked at the grocery store that is filthy. No use washing my Punk'n if it's gonna look the same when I get in my driveway! I love my Jeep! Especially those 2 or 3 days after it rains before the roads throw dust again that I can take the top off.

You do you! For all we know you could live on the worst road in Iowa and all you would say is "oh, that's just the driveway. Keep to the left and you'll be fine."

StuM

First Name
Stu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nova, Wrangler 392 XR, TRX Ign Ed, Evora GT
I like nice, somewhat unique vehicles. I don't plan on off-roading or even taking it off pavement. I'm also not interested in racing or doing pulls. I will drive it approximately 3,000 miles per year. It will be kept 99% stock. Will I have haters or will I be welcomed?
Like my son says, “you guys buy the most capable off-road vehicles in the world and all you do is jump the curbs at Starbucks!” (Multiple Rubicons/Wranglers, Raptors a new ‘22 IGN Edition TRX and hopefully this week, a new ‘22 JLUR 392XR.) Who cares what others think or say. Mine always remain pristine. 🙃

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Let me know when you're ready to sell.

Jhawth

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Why even bother caring what other people would think about what YOU do with YOUR belongings?
Sponsored