First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Snazzberry JLUR Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Retired
Got notified from the dealer today 392 will be in at the dealership a month to month and a half verified from the factory. Asked about the price said he didnt see it on the screen he was looking at. Ordered snazzberry with tow package and half doors, slush mats and mesh cover when the hardtop is off. Anybody got a link to where we can look it up online if you've got the vin?
Sponsored

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
So dumb question, I didn't think you could get the one touch with half doors... With the half doors, there are no windows, correct ? so it can't be closed up... does look like it would fun..

Cheers

The half doors come with removable "uppers" that have windows in them. (see attached pics below)

From the looks of the Build & Price configurator, those removable "uppers" appear to be the same material as the soft top & soft top windows.

They come with either "standard" uppers, or "premium" uppers, and I am not certain what the difference is between the two. I'm wondering if it's the same difference between the standard soft top, or the premium soft top. (different materials?)

Also, the "Dual-Door Package" (the only way to get half doors) is available with any top I believe. You just can't order them with the "Dual Top" package because there is physically no room to ship both the second set of doors, and the soft top together inside the Jeep itself.

Hope that helps! Here's the pics..

Pic of soft top with half-doors:

Jeep Wrangler JL My 392 Rubicon order is showing a price now ($77k) !!! iris (1)

Jeep Wrangler JL My 392 Rubicon order is showing a price now ($77k) !!! iris

Pics of Half-Doors with Sky One-Touch: Top Closed, Windows On

Jeep Wrangler JL My 392 Rubicon order is showing a price now ($77k) !!! iris (4)

Jeep Wrangler JL My 392 Rubicon order is showing a price now ($77k) !!! iris (3)

Pics of Sky One-Touch: Top Open, Windows Off

Jeep Wrangler JL My 392 Rubicon order is showing a price now ($77k) !!! iris (2) top off

Jeep Wrangler JL My 392 Rubicon order is showing a price now ($77k) !!! iris (1) top off

Jeep Wrangler JL My 392 Rubicon order is showing a price now ($77k) !!! iris top off

I like it!

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
Anybody got a link to where we can look it up online if you've got the vin?
This is the first time I've ordered a Jeep, so I'm pretty new to this, but the only things I've come across so far are the Jeep Chat (which is very hit or miss, depending on who you get,) and the search tool created by one of the forums mods. Here's a link to that page if you're not already familiar with it... https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...sticker-and-build-sheet-order-tracking.12503/

Does anyone else know of any other search options?

SDJEEP4PAPA

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 On Order
The half doors come with removable "uppers" that have windows in them. (see attached pics below)

From the looks of the Build & Price configurator, those removable "uppers" appear to be the same material as the soft top & soft top windows.

They come with either "standard" uppers, or "premium" uppers, and I am not certain what the difference is between the two. I'm wondering if it's the same difference between the standard soft top, or the premium soft top. (different materials?)

Also, the "Dual-Door Package" (the only way to get half doors) is available with any top I believe. You just can't order them with the "Dual Top" package because there is physically no room to ship both the second set of doors, and the soft top together inside the Jeep itself.

Hope that helps! Here's the pics..

Pic of soft top with half-doors:

Jeep Wrangler JL My 392 Rubicon order is showing a price now ($77k) !!! iris top off

Pics of Half-Doors with Sky One-Touch: Top Closed, Windows On

Pics of Sky One-Touch: Top Open, Windows Off

Way cool... thanks for the pic's...

Sponsored

pnut

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 392 XR
Got notified from the dealer today 392 will be in at the dealership a month to month and a half verified from the factory. Asked about the price said he didnt see it on the screen he was looking at. Ordered snazzberry with tow package and half doors, slush mats and mesh cover when the hardtop is off. Anybody got a link to where we can look it up online if you've got the vin?
I just don't believe it. How would this one person be the only one outside of the factory who actually knows when they will arrive. Sounds like speculation from an excited dealer.

Wicked3.0

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392 Rubicon
Not to be that guy that strays away from the topic of this thread, but I guess it’s better than the Raptor and political post on here while we wait for the price, but what is everyone’s take on the 392s weight? From my research a 392 Hemi weighs 745 pounds. A Pentastar weighs about 320 pounds. How do you think this will equate to us that seriously rock crawl this Jeep? I’m all for the sound and massive power of the hemi, which is why I placed an order. I’m just trying to fathom an extra 400+ pounds on my old JL 3.6 Pentastar I had when I was rock crawling with two people and camping gear. And that’s basically the “dry” or “empty” weight of the 392 Rubicon.
Also a 3.0 Ecodiesel engine weighs about 500 pounds and my JL ecodiesel I just sold felt like a slug in the snow when I went wheeling. My buddies in Pentastars would have an easier time on steep inclines and deep snow that I did, so just wondering what the negative sides are to a 700+ pound engine when wheeling. Maybe anyone that has done a conversation could chime in how they feel. 😎

Last edited:

Macaw1

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Rubi on 1 tons and 40's
Not to be that guy that strays away from the topic of this thread, but I guess it’s better than the Raptor and political post on here while we wait for the price, but what is everyone’s take on the 392s weight? From my research a 392 Hemi weighs 745 pounds. A Pentastar weighs about 320 pounds. How do you think this will equate to us that seriously rock crawl this Jeep? I’m all for the sound and massive power of the hemi, which is why I placed an order. I’m just trying to fathom an extra 400+ pounds on my old JL 3.6 Pentastar I had when I was rock crawling with two people and camping gear. And that’s basically the “dry” or “empty” weight of the 392 Rubicon.
Also a 3.0 Ecodiesel engine weighs about 500 pounds and my JL ecodiesel I just sold felt like a slug in the snow when I went wheeling. My buddies in Pentastars would have an easier time on steep inclines and deep snow that I did, so just wondering what the negative sides are to a 700+ pound engine when wheeling. Maybe anyone that has done a conversation could chime in how they feel. 😎
I have a 2014 2 door with 1 ton axels and everything else, it is just over 6,000 pounds and it has never taken a bypass and goes everywhere. Even the Rubicon Trail and it never had to be pushed, pulled and towed through any of the obstacles. It goes everywhere. Weight is not an issue. People in buggies put water in their tires to add weight when on heavy climbs, it only helps.

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
I have a 2014 2 door with 1 ton axels and everything else, it is just over 6,000 pounds and it has never taken a bypass and goes everywhere. Even the Rubicon Trail and it never had to be pushed, pulled and towed through any of the obstacles. It goes everywhere. Weight is not an issue. People in buggies put water in their tires to add weight when on heavy climbs, it only helps.
agree, but I think weight should always be considered. However there is good weight and bad. 1 tons are stupid heavy but provide some big protection against breaking along with lower center of gravity. The weight that comes with adding water sucks BUT the benefit is not the weight itself, more the wieght down low thing.

I think a heavy motor without big axles might be an issue in some tech, but passing up this rig for that reason would be a huge mistake if one is in the market for this history making machine.

WHen offroading in tech there really isnt much need (ok, sometimes yes) for a big powerful motor. A light motor without many do-dads added to it will fair quite well. In trials like competion they only add the weight that absolutely need to have.

Still, who cares. Power is just fun and this is MERICA!...or used to be. lol

Wicked3.0

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392 Rubicon
agree, but I think weight should always be considered. However there is good weight and bad. 1 tons are stupid heavy but provide some big protection against breaking along with lower center of gravity. The weight that comes with adding water sucks BUT the benefit is not the weight itself, more the wieght down low thing.

I think a heavy motor without big axles might be an issue in some tech, but passing up this rig for that reason would be a huge mistake if one is in the market for this history making machine.

WHen offroading in tech there really isnt much need (ok, sometimes yes) for a big powerful motor. A light motor without many do-dads added to it will fair quite well. In trials like competion they only add the weight that absolutely need to have.

Still, who cares. Power is just fun and this is MERICA!...or used to be. lol
I agree and I think the math is simple: get the 392 and when stuff breaks (and it will) just fork over the money to upgrade i.e. upgraded axels & suspension parts are a lot cheaper and easier to upgrade than upgrading a motor
Sponsored