Sponsored

Chupacabra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
And after more than 10 years, they still have door hinge corrosion issues. And yellowing white paint issues on the grille and fenders. Some things never change...

0II392II0

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURH
Well Jeep's website still says the 392 is coming in January and tomorrow is the last date, doubt the page will go untouched into February. Hopefully they'll announce a price when they update their webpage.

Wicked3.0

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392 Rubicon
The whole thing is hilarious at this point. 31 pages on this thread. Still no MSRP or VIN after more than two months after ordering a vehicle from my dealer. It’s the end of January and still no 392 on dealer lots.

It’s tough to take it seriously and really makes you wonder what is really going on. I’m a life-long Jeep enthusiast and loyal to the brand. But what gives, Jeep?

DellCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 392
The whole thing is hilarious at this point. 31 pages on this thread. Still no MSRP or VIN after more than two months after ordering a vehicle from my dealer. It’s the end of January and still no 392 on dealer lots.

It’s tough to take it seriously and really makes you wonder what is really going on. I’m a life-long Jeep enthusiast and loyal to the brand. But what gives, Jeep?

It's not just FCA... I would believe it has to do with new production - but agree, still no excuse from a major automaker. They should be holding the fire to their project managers and doing a better job syncing with marketing. I was an early adopter of the 2017 Ford Raptor - I ordered it among the first on July, 27th 2016 - Ford was advertising a November 2016 release (they had the web page just like Jeep) - and I took delivery of my Raptor on January 29th - 6 months after placing the order. My expectations aren't much higher on the 392.

Sponsored

0II392II0

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURH
It's not just FCA... I would believe it has to do with new production - but agree, still no excuse from a major automaker. They should be holding the fire to their project managers and doing a better job syncing with marketing. I was an early adopter of the 2017 Ford Raptor - I ordered it among the first on July, 27th 2016 - Ford was advertising a November 2016 release (they had the web page just like Jeep) - and I took delivery of my Raptor on January 29th - 6 months after placing the order. My expectations aren't much higher on the 392.

You waited 6 months :surprised: and your not expecting anything diffrent with our 392's :headbang::headbang::headbang:?!?!?!?!? I'm so excited about mine it's giving me buyers anxiety! Hope this isn't the case. I don't know why every time I read a post about what someone's thoughts are on our time line I go through :fingerscrossed::mad::facepalm::crying::angry::swear: every time! Hope we at least get an Msrp soon, really just want to go D1 and get a ship date. Gonna have to hit the trails the second I get this thing as therapy as this is taking its toll!!!

Wicked3.0

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392 Rubicon
You are right. It seems like everything these days gets pushed back. But I do agree they should be updating the consumers and at least telling us the price. For some the MSRP will not matter. But for others it can make a difference between selling your current vehicle and taking other measures to prepare for a big purchase. So I guess my point was I wish they would be considerate and release the price already so we can move on! It makes sense about the production schedule. I get stuff does not always go as planned.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
My take is that they rushed to market as a reaction to competition rather than as part of a long-planned new model rollout. I recall the "we can't offer a hemi because the crush zones won't allow it". They seemed to have raced past that hurdle, haven't they? And...there's the pandemic factor.

It'll come, but delays (and teething problems) are to be expected. Being an early adopter has it's downsides.

[Easy for me to say because I'm not waiting]

TCS1666

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 GMC Sierra Denali - 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 (ordered) - 2017 GMC Acadia Denali (sold)
If I remember correctly, and I'm sure someone will let me know if I remember wrong, Jeep did not release pricing on the 4xe until after it announced that the first one was on the production line.

I hate the wait as much as everyone else, but what can be done about it...not much!

0II392II0

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURH
Clock's past midnight, it's officially February and no 392's, no price, no nothing! I like how there are stupid CAFE laws that restrict the manufactures from building bad ass vehicles like these with penalties and fines. Though there is no regulations with what they can do with our emotions!!! Lets see a msrp and some 392's in some of these early purchasers' hands!!:time:

Sponsored

DellCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 392
If I remember correctly, and I'm sure someone will let me know if I remember wrong, Jeep did not release pricing on the 4xe until after it announced that the first one was on the production line.

I hate the wait as much as everyone else, but what can be done about it...not much!
At 11:20 into the 392 reveal () the guy says Jeep already started production... they must’ve had to put the brakes on that!

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
It is all just a chess match. Ford came out and crushed it with the Bronco release. Jeep needed to react. They did with this release. Then Bronco was delayed and all the Jeep people laughed. Now the Jeep is delayed and the Bronco folks are laughing.

Bottom line seems like a lot of manufacturers are having delays and issues because they can’t get parts. You know those Chinese parts for your American cars.

911turboz

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392 Rub, 13 JLU, 97 TJ, 76 CJ7, 74 CJ5, 06 LJ,+
Occupation
VP Land Rover Denver
It is all just a chess match. Ford came out and crushed it with the Bronco release. Jeep needed to react. They did with this release. Then Bronco was delayed and all the Jeep people laughed. Now the Jeep is delayed and the Bronco folks are laughing.

Bottom line seems like a lot of manufacturers are having delays and issues because they can’t get parts. You know those Chinese parts for your American cars.
All brands are having major supplier issues due to COVID... they'll all get built, it's just going to be a slow dribble until they all arrive.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
All brands are having major supplier issues due to COVID... they'll all get built, it's just going to be a slow dribble until they all arrive.
Correct and that's why I said - "Bottom line seems like a lot of manufacturers are having delays and issues because they can’t get parts. You know those Chinese parts for your American cars."
Sponsored