Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
So, I got my updated POC today, with the newly issued Vin, and I noticed something tonight that was listed under the options that I had selected. The option "YGN additional 4 gallons of gas" was something I didn't order, and was not on anything I had previously received.

So if that does in fact mean a 4 gallon larger gas tank, then I would guess that means it's standard on the 392.

I will try to confirm this with my dealer in AM though.
Sponsored

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
So, I got my updated POC today, with the newly issued Vin, and I noticed something tonight that was listed under the options that I had selected. The option "YGN additional 4 gallons of gas" was something I didn't order, and was not on anything I had previously received.

So if that does in fact mean a 4 gallon larger gas tank, then I would guess that means it's standard on the 392.

No, it is literally the four gallons of gas they put in your fuel tank at the factory.

Note that it may or may not have a charge attached; it used to be $12. (Seriously, FCA charged $3/gallon for the gas they put in your Wrangler at the factory.)

Xcoaste

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Past - '13 JKU, '97 TJ, '93 YJ
No, it is literally the four gallons of gas they put in your fuel tank at the factory.

Note that it may or may not have a charge attached; it used to be $12. (Seriously, FCA charged $3/gallon for the gas they put in your Wrangler at the factory.)
This is correct.... It is just 4 more gallons of gas. Got it on my '21 JLUR that I took delivery on in Nov. And good dealers will actually give you a full tank of gas when you pick up (like used to be standard years ago)!

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
I waited until the 2nd model year to order my JLURD because teething problems (if any) would have time to be addressed. On the 392, the same logic applies, plus after waiting 6-12 months, the pricing should stabilize to x% below invoice.

I think FCA will subscribe to the old Lays potato chip slogan: "Eat all you want, we'll make more". [why wouldn't they?]

911turboz

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392 Rub, 13 JLU, 97 TJ, 76 CJ7, 74 CJ5, 06 LJ,+
Occupation
VP Land Rover Denver
Neurotic here for sure. on another note what size tire are people going to throw on their 392 BEFORE any upgrades? I Think I'm going to go with a 35's for a few reasons. first reason, I'm planning on putting a large down payment and will have limited funds for upgrades for a while. That being said I plan on hitting the trails immediately and don't want to be paying for any massive repairs while paying this bad boy down. I'm currently in Washington and plan on moving back to Colorado so I'm looking at Toyo's open country AT III, Falken wildpeaks or Duratracs in that order. What do some of you guys plan on putting on your 392?
39x13.5r17 BFG KM3's with EVO 3.5" springs and Enforcer Arms. Dana 60's front and rear plus PSC Hydro Assist. HD Rock Krawler track bar and tie rod

Sponsored

Willy's Commando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK Sport, 2009 Challenger R/T, 2019 Dodge Hellcat, 2019 JLU Rubicon
I waited until the 2nd model year to order my JLURD because teething problems (if any) would have time to be addressed. On the 392, the same logic applies, plus after waiting 6-12 months, the pricing should stabilize to x% below invoice.

I think FCA will subscribe to the old Lays potato chip slogan: "Eat all you want, we'll make more". [why wouldn't they?]
New 2022 CAFE standards coming, EPA new administration move to green, low 392’s MPG figure and high price could keep the 392 a limited production model. Watch for gas guzzling tax added to future models years.

You are correct about being able to purchase below MSRP and waiting for all the problems corrected in future model years.

392’s low MPG figures and premium gas requirements probably will persuade a lot future buyers to the 4xe. It will be interesting to see the sale #s comparison of the 392 vs 4xe I follow a lot of the 4xe social media and its surprising all the 4xe crowd bashing the 392.

0II392II0

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURH
Not surprising because so many people are absolutely oblivious how the materials(minerals(natural resources) which they probably don't understand either) for their eclectic vehicles are mind and the impact that has. Our 392's will have a smaller carbon foot print than any of the 4xe, even if it were garaged and never drive. Because those batteries will continue to have a negative impact thousands of years from now. When they are still breaking down in future landfills filled with hazardous batteries that will continue to destroy the environment thousands of years after our carbon output has cycled through. Two types of people are pro electric vehicles; communists and idiots. Either way if they think they know better there is no reasoning with them.

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392

It's probably because Jeep undercharges on the destination fee.

Being facetious of course. That is some serious nickeling and diming.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

On my invoice I was charged for 4 gallons of gasoline AND 4 gallons of diesel. I should have brought a jerry can with me to haul my gas home.

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

I agree that it's always solid advice to wait for the second year to iron any bugs, which I usually try to do, but I decided to go for it now because:

A. We have a lease ending in April that I wanted to replace with something more permanent.

B. It will at least have a full warranty to give me a little piece of mind about any potential issues.

And C. There is lot of uncertainty in the air right now around auto manufacturers, and what will or wont be changing soon, and although it's unlikely, I'm at least a little concerned that the 392 might turn into a one year car, like the Hellcat powered Durango.

A V8 powered Wrangler has long been a dream of mine, so I decided to take my chances now, so at least I wouldn't spend the next 12 months worried about whether or not I'll be able to get one later.

Sponsored

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
I agree that it's always solid advice to wait for the second year to iron any bugs, which I usually try to do, but I decided to go for it now because:

A. We have a lease ending in April that I wanted to replace with something more permanent.

B. It will at least have a full warranty to give me a little piece of mind about any potential issues.

And C. There is lot of uncertainty in the air right now around auto manufacturers, and what will or wont be changing soon, and although it's unlikely, I'm at least a little concerned that the 392 might turn into a one year car, like the Hellcat powered Durango.

A V8 powered Wrangler has long been a dream of mine, so I decided to take my chances now, so at least I wouldn't spend the next 12 months worried about whether or not I'll be able to get one later.
All great reasons except for B. Just ask all us early 18 buyers with major steering issues how that warranty thing is going.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

My wait-until-the-second-year strategy was largely derailed by the pandemic. I'm not sure that Jeep did many (any?) changes between 2020 and 2021. Certainly none visible to the naked eye, except the new EcoDiesel sticker.

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

My wait-until-the-second-year strategy was largely derailed by the pandemic. I'm not sure that Jeep did many (any?) changes between 2020 and 2021. Certainly none visible to the naked eye, except the new EcoDiesel sticker.
Biggest change was the improved steering box.

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
All great reasons except for B. Just ask all us early 18 buyers with major steering issues how that warranty thing is going.
So true, notice I said "a little"! 😅
Seriously though, sometimes I read through the forum with my eyes closed so I don't start to worry too much about any potential issues. ;)

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
I guess if you say so. Just because you have millions it still make zero sense to buy it to be the first and after a month you not only burned the ADM but also the depreciation.

Just because you have the money, it makes sense to literally put $20k in the fire? I have plenty of sense to have made the money and could buy one, I have more sense to know that the ADM is stupid and waiting 6 months to save and put another $20k in the bank makes more sense. Too each his own I guess and don’t really care what people do with their money.

point was the first wave of spenders will be over in a few months after release and you will get these at MSRP or below so why buy with ADM.
I've got a nice pile too and same as you wont do it, but I have zero issue with those that have a bigger pile and want it ahead of everyone else because they can. It's why you make big money so you can do things on a whim others grimace about.

It's why everyone wants to hit a big lottery, so you can do chit like this and not even care. Those that earn there BIG money feel the same and probably more meaningful to do it.
Sponsored