Sponsored

DellCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 392
Neurotic here for sure. on another note what size tire are people going to throw on their 392 BEFORE any upgrades? I Think I'm going to go with a 35's for a few reasons. first reason, I'm planning on putting a large down payment and will have limited funds for upgrades for a while. That being said I plan on hitting the trails immediately and don't want to be paying for any massive repairs while paying this bad boy down. I'm currently in Washington and plan on moving back to Colorado so I'm looking at Toyo's open country AT III, Falken wildpeaks or Duratracs in that order. What do some of you guys plan on putting on your 392?
Having the dealer's mod shop add a Warn Zeon 10S to the factory bumper and provided it actually does have the 2" lift from the factory, add 17x9 matte bronze wheels with 37x12.5 KO2s. We'll see!
Sponsored

0II392II0

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURH
DellCook, do you have a rear tire carrier bumper already or better question would be how do you plan on securing a 37" spare without issues? I ordered mine with the Mopar gate reinforcement to put a 37 on. Though research from users on this forum it doesn't look like a solid solution. Want to go to 37's but as stated going to be limited funds for a little.

DellCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 392
DellCook, do you have a rear tire carrier bumper already or better question would be how do you plan on securing a 37" spare without issues? I ordered mine with the Mopar gate reinforcement to put a 37 on. Though research from users on this forum it doesn't look like a solid solution. Want to go to 37's but as stated going to be limited funds for a little.
"Plan"? My hope was that the Mopar gate reinforcement would do the trick - the mod shop felt the same way. The KO2s aren't extraordinarily heavy, so I feel okay about it today... we'll see how it goes when I pick her up (hopefully before April!).

0II392II0

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURH
Should have said what are you going to use, I hope the Mopar gate reinforcement will handle a 37". That was my original plan, little worried now about going that big. Regardless seems like there is going to be plenty of time think this over and over and over again. Excited to see what you go with.

DellCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 392
Should have said what are you going to use, I hope the Mopar gate reinforcement will handle a 37". That was my original plan, little worried now about going that big. Regardless seems like there is going to be plenty of time think this over and over and over again. Excited to see what you go with.
I do plan to pick it up from the dealership with the winch, wheels, & tires - if that happens anytime in the near future I'll be sure to either post pics OR post my issues trying to mount the spare. Tic, toc...

Sponsored

DellCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 392
FWIW, the MOPAR site says this about the gate reinforcement: Swing Gate Hinge Reinforcement allows for larger tires to be mounted on the swing gate. The reinforcement is powder-coated black and works with production hinge for easier installation. Requires Spare Tire Carrier (P/N 82215355). For use with tires up to 37. ... and this about the spare tire carrier: Spare Tire Carrier mounts to the swing gate and is adjustable to hold non-production tires and wheels up to 37. The carrier is painted a corrosion- resistant black finish. Requires Tailgate Reinforcement System (P/N 82215356AB). Fits Jeep Wrangler (JL).

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
FWIW, the MOPAR site says this about the gate reinforcement: Swing Gate Hinge Reinforcement allows for larger tires to be mounted on the swing gate. The reinforcement is powder-coated black and works with production hinge for easier installation. Requires Spare Tire Carrier (P/N 82215355). For use with tires up to 37. ... and this about the spare tire carrier: Spare Tire Carrier mounts to the swing gate and is adjustable to hold non-production tires and wheels up to 37. The carrier is painted a corrosion- resistant black finish. Requires Tailgate Reinforcement System (P/N 82215356AB). Fits Jeep Wrangler (JL).
I would assume the gate reinforcement isn't a new part for this Jeep so you could ask this question on the forum I am confident there are hundreds that have done successfully or failed using it with 37's. Not like this is special to the 392.

0II392II0

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURH
I had the Mopar gate reinforcement added because of those specs put out. My doubts came about after reading MOPAR JL Tire Carrier Reinforcement - Update | 4WAAM (4wheelsandamotor.com), I also read a few other threads that had mixed reviews about it. But I guess if its factory installed if any issues occur it should be under warranty.

0II392II0

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURH
I would assume the gate reinforcement isn't a new part for this Jeep so you could ask this question on the forum I am confident there are hundreds that have done successfully or failed using it with 37's. Not like this is special to the 392.
Wasn't so much about the part, more talking about what current orders and what we plan on doing with them rather then the normal talk about what kind of mpg its going to get, how come there isn't a msrp yet or what the price of gas is going to be in 30 years from now. Though there is allot of information out there on the part and its all contradicting lol.

pnut

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 392 XR
Neurotic here for sure. on another note what size tire are people going to throw on their 392 BEFORE any upgrades? I Think I'm going to go with a 35's for a few reasons. first reason, I'm planning on putting a large down payment and will have limited funds for upgrades for a while. That being said I plan on hitting the trails immediately and don't want to be paying for any massive repairs while paying this bad boy down. I'm currently in Washington and plan on moving back to Colorado so I'm looking at Toyo's open country AT III, Falken wildpeaks or Duratracs in that order. What do some of you guys plan on putting on your 392?
37 x 12.50 x 17 Nitto Trail Grappler. Tire shop will allow me to mount first. If it appears to not work, I would go down to 35x12.50x17. I hope to put them on within the first week.

Sponsored

Willy's Commando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK Sport, 2009 Challenger R/T, 2019 Dodge Hellcat, 2019 JLU Rubicon
Mine’s going on a diet its too heavy
Rock Hard 4x4 Aluminum Stubby front bumper and I will not be running a winch with this build. If i get in trouble that’s what friends are for.

Rusty 4x4 spare tire delete. I’ll throw my spare in the back when i do any hard wheeling or when it’s required.

37” BFG KMO2. No heavy mud terrains for this build. The 37“ KMO2 are more like a big 36” tire plus the lightest 37” off road tire out there easier on those axles.

If wheel spacers are required to run the stock mopar wheels then adios will be running Teraflex Nomads it a lighter wheel anyway.

I might just want to lift the wheel clearance a little higher if so i will be installing https://teraflex.com/shop_items/jlu...lift-no-shocks?vehicle=JLU Wrangler Unlimited
It really depends on the wheel clearance especially concerning the rear fender/bumper and depending on how big the rear stock bump stops are.
Eventually I will be putting a full new off road suspension just depends on who manufactures one, in the meantime I’m going to get my moneys worth the stock suspension.

m5guy

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 & 23 392, 23 JT, BMW M5, BMW X7, Denali 3500
I might just want to lift the wheel clearance a little higher if so i will be installing https://teraflex.com/shop_items/jlu-4-door-sport-s-t1-suspension-system-1-5-lift-no-shocks?vehicle=JLU Wrangler Unlimited
It really depends on the wheel clearance especially concerning the rear fender/bumper and depending on how big the rear stock bump stops are.
Same plan on lift. Trying to figure out if I can do a small spacer lift with the Mopar kit on there without too much drama to fit 37" KO2's (on 17x9's with +18 offset - same that we run on current JLUR)

SDJEEP4PAPA

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 On Order
After getting this note from yet another dealer, I was about to give up hope...
Jeep Wrangler JL My 392 Rubicon order is showing a price now ($77k) !!! 1611721740805

Then this small dealer replies to my question as to if they would accept an order for a 392 at MSRP with "Sure" (like they were getting away with something). So I write back and ask when can I meet... he asks... whats a "392"... I had to look again to make sure this was really a jeep dealer... after explaining I was talking about the new Wrangler 392 Rubicon and would he confirm they would accept the order at MSRP... they said yes, so I went down there today and ordered it !! I am way behind all you other guys so lord knows when I will ever see it but at least I got in line and didn't have to pay a ridiculous ADM... So these guys could not add the Tech Group or the Safety Group or the +4gal tank, they said they were not listed as options...maybe all those items are standard on the 392... at anyrate these guys were smart to take the order, they now have a new happy customer plus a sale at full MSRP on probably most expensive Wrangler these guys have ever sold... BTW... can someone tell me how I can track the order, not surprisingly my sales agent didn't know...can't wait to hear that 6.4L V8 SRT HEMI !!

Jeep Wrangler JL My 392 Rubicon order is showing a price now ($77k) !!! 1611722564916

SteveSRT

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Denali, 2021 392 Rubicon
Jeep Wrangler JL My 392 Rubicon order is showing a price now ($77k) !!! 1611722564916

Then this small dealer replies to my question as to if they would accept an order for a 392 at MSRP with "Sure" (like they were getting away with something). So I write back and ask when can I meet... he asks... whats a "392"... I had to look again to make sure this was really a jeep dealer... after explaining I was talking about the new Wrangler 392 Rubicon and would he confirm they would accept the order at MSRP... they said yes, so I went down there today and ordered it !! I am way behind all you other guys so lord knows when I will ever see it but at least I got in line and didn't have to pay a ridiculous ADM... So these guys could not add the Tech Group or the Safety Group or the +4gal tank, they said they were not listed as options...maybe all those items are standard on the 392... at anyrate these guys were smart to take the order, they now have a new happy customer plus a sale at full MSRP on probably most expensive Wrangler these guys have ever sold... BTW... can someone tell me how I can track the order, not surprisingly my sales agent didn't know...can't wait to hear that 6.4L V8 SRT HEMI !!

I can't speak for the fuel tank but the safety group is definitely a standard feature on the 392

TCS1666

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 GMC Sierra Denali - 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 (ordered) - 2017 GMC Acadia Denali (sold)

Congrats and welcome to the club. I’ve said it many times on this forum, you just have to make some effort in contacting dealers to find the right deal for you.

As for tracking, good luck. There is your dealer - which in your case may not be of help, there is Jeep Chat - who are not very helpful usually, and there is crytostickers.com - which is well behind in getting info. All that being said, be patient and the dealer is probably still your best bet in getting info.
Sponsored