Sponsored

Alleycat392

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Metal Mulisha Custom
Why do you assume all of us first wave of buyers are paying over MSRP, the majority of us who ordered when the banks opened are paying MSRP.

Most of us buyers with no sense and more money with what to do with have signed preorder contracts to buy at MSRP or less. When I ordered the 1st day the banks were oped I got 1% off MSRP using affiliate discount program which the dealership will recoup back from Jeep. My dealership had 3 initial allocations mine and 2 for the showroom floor. They told me they will be adding a ADM on those 2 which I’m sure they will get more power to them.

All new cars depreciate after purchase, but Jeeps have some of the lowest depreciation rates, which will apply with 392 also.

The administration of President-elect Biden intends to set new fuel efficiency standards which could result on a gas guzzler tax on the 392 in future model years. I’m surprised there’s not one on it now I paid that tax on my Hellcat and I don’t see the 392 getting better MPG. Just another reason Jeep is pushing/advertising the 4xe so hard. The CAFE standards will keep the 392 a low production high price vehicl.e. Future model years will only increase in price. The time to buy is now if you can secure a deal at MSRP.

There is speculation all over the place in regards to price hopefully we will know this week. Whatever it is I’m good with knowing I’m driving a 392 3 months from now or less when we were only dreaming about it a year ago.
Very well said!

Alleycat392

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Went to check on my order and I noticed there was a price next to it. I also have a VIN, where I didn't last time I checked (before Christmas). Maybe it's a mistake on their site, but I think this is pretty close to where I thought it would be. When I click on the POC, there's nothing listed. Kinda Crazy!

Clarification: it shows in the system as an Unlimited Sport, but the "27X" code is the 392 package.

Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 Price.png
So I am starting to get frustrated with the fact that Jeep care emails me today that production on the 392 will start in 1st Quarter 2021 and that I should ONLY contact my dealer moving forward? I have had a VIN for over 45 days now. So much for the January production date advertised on the Jeep website.... @TCMC I have to ask, do you happen to have an estimated build date yet with the inside info you have had with pricing?

Jeep Wrangler JL My 392 Rubicon order is showing a price now ($77k) !!! 260CD3AB-E6E6-44AC-9495-B7B47EC32BF1

https://www.jeep.com/wrangler/rubicon-392.html

Last edited:

Oilburner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
So I am starting to get frustrated with the fact that Jeep care emails me today that production on the 392 will start in 1st Quarter 2021 and that I should ONLY contact my dealer moving forward?
(With reference to how they handled the rollout of the diesel Wrangler) I would say what that actually means is that they plan for the first one to roll off the assembly line by March 31.
And do not be surprised if you see V8 Wranglers at the dealer before custom orders are shipped = that's exactly what happened w/ the 'Launch Edition' Gladiators.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Why do you assume all of us first wave of buyers are paying over MSRP, the majority of us who ordered when the banks opened are paying MSRP.

Most of us buyers with no sense and more money with what to do with have signed preorder contracts to buy at MSRP or less. When I ordered the 1st day the banks were oped I got 1% off MSRP using affiliate discount program which the dealership will recoup back from Jeep. My dealership had 3 initial allocations mine and 2 for the showroom floor. They told me they will be adding a ADM on those 2 which I’m sure they will get more power to them.

All new cars depreciate after purchase, but Jeeps have some of the lowest depreciation rates, which will apply with 392 also.

The administration of President-elect Biden intends to set new fuel efficiency standards which could result on a gas guzzler tax on the 392 in future model years. I’m surprised there’s not one on it now I paid that tax on my Hellcat and I don’t see the 392 getting better MPG. Just another reason Jeep is pushing/advertising the 4xe so hard. The CAFE standards will keep the 392 a low production high price vehicl.e. Future model years will only increase in price. The time to buy is now if you can secure a deal at MSRP.

There is speculation all over the place in regards to price hopefully we will know this week. Whatever it is I’m good with knowing I’m driving a 392 3 months from now or less when we were only dreaming about it a year ago.
I don’t. Was responding to the guy that actually was offered one at an ADM. as in all hot models there will be plenty that get them for MSRP, some even better and plenty will pay well over. Very did I say everyone was paying over. You are now assuming.

Sponsored

OP
OP
TCMC

TCMC

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubi
So I am starting to get frustrated with the fact that Jeep care emails me today that production on the 392 will start in 1st Quarter 2021 and that I should ONLY contact my dealer moving forward? I have had a VIN for over 45 days now. So much for the January production date advertised on the Jeep website.... @TCMC I have to ask, do you happen to have an estimated build date yet with the inside info you have had with pricing?

260CD3AB-E6E6-44AC-9495-B7B47EC32BF1.jpeg

I got a build/shipping date or 02/01. I started another post about it( https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/anyone-get-a-build-ship-date-today-i-went-d1.64521/ ). Since then it's been pushed back to 2/14. I know that are very tentative dates, but at least its something to watch! I think I'm one of the earliest orders too.

Wicked3.0

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392 Rubicon

Jeep Wrangler JL My 392 Rubicon order is showing a price now ($77k) !!! 260CD3AB-E6E6-44AC-9495-B7B47EC32BF1

I also got a similar reply from Jeep Chat stating: "You would need to contact the selling dealer for this vehicle order status. Thank you for your patience".

Which is weird because last week I checked on Jeep Chat and the agent told me my vehicle build has been accepted and waiting in the production line cue. No VIN was available, though. I ordered on 11-20-20. Oh, well....

Like all of us, my dealer is clueless. However, I am glad I have a good relationship with my dealer and will be paying under MSRP.... if my 392 ever gets here and gets an MSRP that is...

Alleycat392

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I also got a similar reply from Jeep Chat stating: "You would need to contact the selling dealer for this vehicle order status. Thank you for your patience".

Which is weird because last week I checked on Jeep Chat and the agent told me my vehicle build has been accepted and waiting in the production line cue. No VIN was available, though. I ordered on 11-20-20. Oh, well....

Like all of us, my dealer is clueless. However, I am glad I have a good relationship with my dealer and will be paying under MSRP.... if my 392 ever gets here and gets an MSRP that is...
Up until today I would agree with you regarding the dealer comment, however,
very interesting developments today!
So to my dismay, Jeep care emails me this morning that 392 production starts sometime in this 1st quarter of the year and they have no further updates for me regarding my order. My Vin # build on the order tracker referred to on this forum (cryptosticker.com) shows no updates as of minutes ago. Yet I reach out to my salesperson and he sends me proof that my 2021 JLU 392 order is in D1 status with an estimated ship date of 2/24/2021!

I finally feel I am out of this 392 limbo I have been stuck in since mid November with at least some clarity moving forward. Interesting to note that out off all the resources, a salesperson at dealership was able to come through with the most up to date information on my order status. :clap: :like: :jk:

- sorry everyone, still no msrp listed....

Sponsored

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
I have a toddler and a 6 month old...I was a wreck before the Jeep got ordered.
My kids are 11 and 13 now, but man do I remember those days! I feel for ya!

Alleycat392

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a toddler and a 6 month old...I was a wreck before the Jeep got ordered.
5 month old, 3 year old and 7 year old over here. He’s asking about us being neurotic about Wrangler 392’s we ordered in November? That was easy compared to what it’s been like trying every day to order a Play Station 5 for these kids since November without any success. ;)

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR, 21 JLUR and others
Build Thread
Link
Well, I hope FCA pulls it off smooth, communicates well, and delivers for everyone. It will be fun to see these on the roads.

Jeeps are fun, just don't wanna see a bunch of FCA butthurt w the launch.

0II392II0

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURH
Neurotic here for sure. on another note what size tire are people going to throw on their 392 BEFORE any upgrades? I Think I'm going to go with a 35's for a few reasons. first reason, I'm planning on putting a large down payment and will have limited funds for upgrades for a while. That being said I plan on hitting the trails immediately and don't want to be paying for any massive repairs while paying this bad boy down. I'm currently in Washington and plan on moving back to Colorado so I'm looking at Toyo's open country AT III, Falken wildpeaks or Duratracs in that order. What do some of you guys plan on putting on your 392?
Sponsored