twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
Well it wont be long till there's a 392 Gladiator to even it up even more

Wait, this is Jeep, shouldn't be any later than the year 2034 for them to complete the difficult task of adapting it from the JL to the Gladiator...
If they go 392 that uses regular gas rather then premium I'd go that route. Premium isnt available everywhere so not for me. Would love to go 392 vs a diesel.
Sponsored

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
I think you are correct on all points, anybody buying one better be ready for the higher gas prices coming!
I dont think most guys buying a 392 or TRX or any high dollar rig is going to care about gas prices.

I hate high gas prices but try to look at the positive. It will keep more people (non-392 buyers) off the trails, as does foot ball (and other sports), so that I can enjoy more solitude. :)

DellCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 392
Ahhhh... I don't have a VIN but I WAS able to cancel my cable subscription because I get all the business, economic, political, and international commentary I need right here on the forum! Oh yea, I also get a few interesting 392 tidbits every now & then to boot! ;)

Willy's Commando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK Sport, 2009 Challenger R/T, 2019 Dodge Hellcat, 2019 JLU Rubicon
I dont think most guys buying a 392 or TRX or any high dollar rig is going to care about gas prices.

I hate high gas prices but try to look at the positive. It will keep more people (non-392 buyers) off the trails, as does foot ball (and other sports), so that I can enjoy more solitude. :)
I agree completely we are not buying the 392 for economic reasons. It’s going to be a gas hog especially with larger tires and premium gas requirement.

Those large hemi’s eat the gas, if I push my Hellcat hard you can watch the gas gauge move.
Hopefully with high gas prices and low mpg it will keep it a low production vehicle.

The jeep of the future is the 4xL that’s the one Jeep is pushing hard for everyone to buy and seems to have priority over the 392 in regards to 1st built, 1st at the dealerships and advertising.

High gasoline price will keep it for a select few.

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Maybe zero emissions on NEW autos but they will NEVER get git of ICE completely. Can't happen, won't happen. Gas will always be available at a pump. At what price, well who knows.
Colorado’s Governor has already expressed a desire to ban ICE from all Colorado public roads.

So ICE may exist but literally on private land only.

Sponsored

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Those large hemi’s eat the gas, if I push my Hellcat hard you can watch the gas gauge move.
Not for nothing, but the same is true for turbocharged engines.

On vehicles I’ve owned with turbos, as the turbo engaged you could see the gas gauge drop.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Colorado’s Governor has already expressed a desire to ban ICE from all Colorado public roads.

So ICE may exist but literally on private land only.
Won't happen. Again don't know his bill but it could be for just new cars. There is zero chance in our lifetime you are going to completely ban an ICE vehicle on the road. There are BILLIONS maybe TRILLIONS of dollars worth of cars on the road you really think all of a sudden you will just have to take your ICE to the dump, throw it away and buy an electric vehicle. If you really think that this could happen then I have some swampland in Florida to sell you cheap.

#HuckleberryJeep

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Wrangler Rubicon 392 * '20 Hemi JT * CJ5 * CJ7
Occupation
Realtor
Is anyone getting the opportunity to order one now at MSRP ? Around San Diego it appears to be 7-15k over MSRP... If MSRP comes in around 65 than maybe one could stomach 5-7k...maybe...
Mine will be an MSRP purchase. Just gotta find ethical dealers and/or build longterm relationships with them.

Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Very astute observation. It’s not.
Yet you keep comparing it to trucks. Newsflash: anybody who’s looking for a truck isn’t going to buy a wrangler and anybody who’s looking for a wrangler isn’t going to buy a truck.

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Yet you keep comparing it to trucks. Newsflash: anybody who’s looking for a truck isn’t going to buy a wrangler and anybody who’s looking for a wrangler isn’t going to buy a truck.
That's not true.

Many (most?) full size pickups are used as regular cars by a lot of suburbanites and others who want "some" off-road capability as well.

For example, you'd be surprised how often Wranglers and Rams are cross-shopped.

Many people don't buy on need, they buy on image or possibility - otherwise it wouldn't be true that most Wranglers never go further off-road than a gravel driveway.

#HuckleberryJeep

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Wrangler Rubicon 392 * '20 Hemi JT * CJ5 * CJ7
Occupation
Realtor
Is this like the tomboy girl who doesn't know she's pretty then takes off her glasses and shakes her hair and turns into a supermodel? :CWL:
Ha! Definitely elusive, like Unicorns and non-fat whiskey.

BCMgunner

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 on 37” KO2s
I’m cross shopping the 392 with a fully built AEV ZR2. I’ve had a ZR2 in the past, and at that time was cross shopping it with a Rubicon.

Just keeping the conversation interesting because there’s nothing else substantial to talk about. I’m sure the FCA marketing execs are having a good laugh watching this conversation spiral into oblivion as we wait for a MSRP.