Sponsored

Willy's Commando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK Sport, 2009 Challenger R/T, 2019 Dodge Hellcat, 2019 JLU Rubicon
Being heavily invested in O&G I wish you were close to being right but there is so much damn oil in the world today just itching for anything north of $60/BBL the only way the USA will see a dramatic rise in the price per gallon is if they simply add that much in taxes which is possible I suppose, but Supply and Demand is not going to do it...even if the USA were put out of the Oil and Gas business..
In regards to the price of premium gasoline and the Hemi V8 392 future looks bleak.

You are correct about there being plenty of damn oil in the world today but the limits placed on limiting drilling, production and the move to alternative green new deal energy will drive the price of oil up.

WTI barrel price of oil is only going to increase under the new administratio,n, WTI crude price has been increasing every day lately and will continue to follow this trend under the new administration due to the new administration polices.

1. XL pipeline canceled.
2. No new oil leases on public lands .
3 . No new drilling on public lands already leased.
4. New limitations on offshore drilling.
5. The move to hybrid gasoline engines, electric vehicles and future MPG standards for automobile companies will bring about less consumption of gasoline worldwide. In turn will push OPEC to cut production to increase price per barrel.

The new administration and automobile manufacturers will push consumers to go electric, tax rebates to counter the increase in price.

Personally i have no problem with the new administration policies or the increase of the price of gasoline on swaying my decision on ordering/purchasing the 392.

One of the reasons I decided to purchase the 392 is the days are numbered for V8 engines.

We are using winter gas now wait till late spring summer when the refineries switch to summer gas, and less COVID restrictions another big price jump.

I doubt the price of gasoline will sway Jeep to decrease the 392 price, if you can afford it you can afford the high price of premium gas.
Sponsored

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Don’t forget they’ve promised to ban fracking, so existing wells won’t be able to produce all that was expected.

Willy's Commando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don’t forget they’ve promised to ban fracking, so existing wells won’t be able to produce all that was expected.
You are partially correct the new administration will stop fracking on public lands. They will still allow fracking drilling on privately owned lands for example in west Texas which is all privately owned. Horrizantal wells/ fracked wells will continue to produce large amounts of oil in Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma etc but it will not keep the price of oil/gas down due to all the other cutbacks/restraints the new administration will implemen.

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
My GM mentioned the delay for red but not black. Does anyone else have any insight on this?

The only insight I can provide is that my order for my 392 is Black with half-doors, (dual door group w/premium uppers), and I received my VIN and my update to D status just this morning. So there doesn't appear to be a hold on black, at least for now. No clue on the Red though.

Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Not sure if this was directed toward me, but I guess I look at some tiny amount of overall offering with a wrangler vs other fun vehicles in this price range.

I have a JLU and like it, but I would never pay that much for any Wrangler considering it’s not that comfy, luxury of the interior is null, it drives like a tank vs a floater, and there are literally so many other vehicles that are morepractical for situations in life.

Since you had a Raptor you know you had a bed to haul stuff, a big back seat (if you had a super crew) to stuff dogs, kids, car seats, and I wouldn’t imagine you would rather take a long road trip in the wrangler vs the Raptor.

Now that the Raptor will see the 5.2L Supercharged Shelby engine, I can only imagine the fun factor will be turned up. The TRX already has been received extremely well overall as a great option. So if these three are playing in the same space in terms of price, I feel you get a lot more for the money in the Raptor and TRX.
Uhh, last I checked the wrangler wasn’t a truck.

SDJEEP4PAPA

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 On Order
That’s simply not true; once the US is out of the oil business, those buying US oil will bring down the “net” supply and OPEC will reduce production because they know they have the US over a (forgive me) barrel.

The end of Keystone XL means the Mideast will be our only viable source of oil as Canadian oil sands oil will become too pricy to be an alternative, especially after the first few inevitable tanker-related spills.
Nope, SA needs a higher price to balance their budgets this is true but it will be very hard for them to command it since there are so many more players now vs the hay day of OPEC think Russia, or Exxon's huge new find off the coast of Guyana , not to mention big finds around Africa and if Venezuela could ever get there act together they actually have more reserves than SA, so while SA is still the only country willing and able to stabilize prices, they can't drive them higher unless they want to commit economic suicide... the Premian boys don't want this pipeline either, last thing they want is more local supply so we don't need dirty tar sand oil, it is an ecological mess and there are so many other cleaner sources of oil...

SDJEEP4PAPA

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 On Order
I agree with those that see the end of the V8.. get one now while you can... those are beautiful engines and I don't care if electric vehicles are faster or have more toque... there is nothing like the sound of a deep throated V8...can't wait to get my hands on a 392... gas prices be damned...

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
You are partially correct the new administration will stop fracking on public lands. They will still allow fracking drilling on privately owned lands for example in west Texas which is all privately owned.
In the past they have pledged to ban fracking, period.

They will stop all drilling whatsoever on public lands, even under existing leases.

Sponsored

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Uhh, last I checked the wrangler wasn’t a truck.
Oh just let them carry on. Now that the Wrangler has a V8 it is just like a Raptor and TRX. Everyone will be cross shopping those because they are so similar. When the 392 comes out it will be such a better value than those ;)

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Oh just let them carry on. Now that the Wrangler has a V8 it is just like a Raptor and TRX. Everyone will be cross shopping those because they are so similar. When the 392 comes out it will be such a better value than those ;)
Well it wont be long till there's a 392 Gladiator to even it up even more

Wait, this is Jeep, shouldn't be any later than the year 2034 for them to complete the difficult task of adapting it from the JL to the Gladiator...

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well it wont be long till there's a 392 Gladiator to even it up even more

Wait, this is Jeep, shouldn't be any later than the year 2034 for them to complete the difficult task of adapting it from the JL to the Gladiator...
What...... comparing an actual truck to another truck. Say it ain't so. Now you are just silly.

That comparison at least would be comparing 2-3 vehicles that ACTUALLY are similar and cross shopped.

Willy's Commando

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In the past they have pledged to ban fracking, period.

They will stop all drilling whatsoever on public lands, even under existing leases.
We’re going to get to net zero emission by 2050, and we’ll get to net zero power emissions by 2035. But there’s no rationale to eliminate, right now, fracking,” Biden said during a CNN Town Hall in September.

Yes, no oil activity at all on public lands, but on privately owned lands they will continue frackin/horizontal well drilling.
There will be tightened controls on the fracking industry.

Anyway you look at it the outlook for cheap gas for our awesome 392’s looks bleak.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We’re going to get to net zero emission by 2050, and we’ll get to net zero power emissions by 2035. But there’s no rationale to eliminate, right now, fracking,” Biden said during a CNN Town Hall in September.

Yes, no oil activity at all on public lands, but on privately owned lands they will continue frackin/horizontal well drilling.
There will be tightened controls on the fracking industry.

Anyway you look at it the outlook for cheap gas for our awesome 392’s looks bleak.
Maybe zero emissions on NEW autos but they will NEVER get git of ICE completely. Can't happen, won't happen. Gas will always be available at a pump. At what price, well who knows.
Sponsored