BCMgunner

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 on 37” KO2s
Below is my opinion
The new president just put a stop to the XL oil pipeline (fact). My guess is gas prices will double within a year because of this and other regulations coming down the line.
Last time this happened was in 09’ when the same guy was VP (unleaded in TX was $4.25). Hummer went out of business and SUV sales tanked because of it. I got my brand new H3 for way below invoice in ‘09.
FCA will soon have to deal with this reality.
Good chance vehicles with 6+L engines sucking premium will be on lots at a discount this time next year (ie: TRX and 392, amongst others). Resale value will tank as well.
Those buying should know this ahead of time. I definitly would walk away from an above MSRP deal. Be ok with paying at the pumps and good with keeping it for the long haul vs. taking a bath on it.
Hopefully we hear the MSRP soon.

Alleycat392

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Metal Mulisha Custom
February is almost here and there seems to be little to no progress with our 392 orders... :facepalm:

911turboz

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 392 Rub, 13 JLU, 97 TJ, 76 CJ7, 74 CJ5, 06 LJ,+
Occupation
VP Land Rover Denver
Is there a delay for Firecracker Red or Black if ordering the dual doors?

SDJEEP4PAPA

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 On Order
My guess is gas prices will double within a year because of this and other regulations coming down the line.
Being heavily invested in O&G I wish you were close to being right but there is so much damn oil in the world today just itching for anything north of $60/BBL the only way the USA will see a dramatic rise in the price per gallon is if they simply add that much in taxes which is possible I suppose, but Supply and Demand is not going to do it...even if the USA were put out of the Oil and Gas business..

Sponsored

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Being heavily invested in O&G I wish you were close to being right but there is so much damn oil in the world today just itching for anything north of $60/BBL the only way the USA will see a dramatic rise in the price per gallon is if they simply add that much in taxes which is possible I suppose, but Supply and Demand is not going to do it...even if the USA were put out of the Oil and Gas business..
That’s simply not true; once the US is out of the oil business, those buying US oil will bring down the “net” supply and OPEC will reduce production because they know they have the US over a (forgive me) barrel.

The end of Keystone XL means the Mideast will be our only viable source of oil as Canadian oil sands oil will become too pricy to be an alternative, especially after the first few inevitable tanker-related spills.

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Usually paint availability or scheduling.

If they have preorders for or want to build a bunch of black ones, they won't changeover just to build a handful of red ones.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
That’s simply not true; once the US is out of the oil business, those buying US oil will bring down the “net” supply and OPEC will reduce production because they know they have the US over a (forgive me) barrel.

The end of Keystone XL means the Mideast will be our only viable source of oil as Canadian oil sands oil will become too pricy to be an alternative, especially after the first few inevitable tanker-related spills.
Yep. And then they will set one pump on fire and create this artificial story that will immediately take the prices even higher. Just start now to wrap your minds around a $2/gal increase at the pump coming soon to a gas station near you. Like said before as well Suburban's, 250 trucks, high HP cars good night now.

shrinkhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Launch Edition
well you know you could also just pay or drive less or get another car for errands etc? What's the big deal? This decade is probably the last hurra for performance cars with many countries/ states banning sale of non-electrics in 2030s development on these will cease at some point. I will happily burn premium at whatever cost in my 6.4L JT until they remove the last gas station in my area somewhere in 2050.
Sponsored