Mgdstar

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon X, 2007 & 2008 Sahara Unlimited
Dell cook,

I’m surprised the forum did not block you for making reference to the limitations of a communist country - Russia. I posted a question wanting to know if any part of a Wrangler was sourced from China. I do no support communist. The forum monitor said that was political and blocked, Sorry for supporting democracy.
Sponsored

DellCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 392
I’m surprised the forum did not block you for making reference to the limitations of a communist country - Russia. I posted a question wanting to know if any part of a Wrangler was sourced from China. I do no support communist. The forum monitor said that was political and blocked, Sorry for supporting democracy.
😳

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
Dell cook,

I'd be very surprised to learn nothing on the JL was sourced from China.

That is 100% not the way the world works now.

Mgdstar

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'd be very surprised to learn nothing on the JL was sourced from China.

That is 100% not the way the world works now.
But it should be until the CCP is out. Then I would be all in for free and open trade. I have family in China and been there many times. Communist is not good for the Chinese people. The Chinese people are great.

Back to the Wrangler- love them and looking to purchase my third.

Last edited:

Goosed

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I had a raptor. I don’t miss it at all. The interior is straight plastic. I hated it. I don’t enjoy the ecoboost. The TRX is at least nice on the inside and very powerful but it’s not a jeep.

I want a jeep. I really really want a jeep with a 392. I told my wife 6 years ago that if they ever offer a wrangler with a v8, we were getting it. No questions asked. Here we are. I’m not shopping around with my $70k. I don’t care what else costs $70k. I’d already have it if I did.
I’ll be interested to see what the 2022 Raptor redesign brings for interior. The Ram 1500 did a really good job on interior quality. Being that the Ram and Jeep are both FCA brands, here is hoping the mid cycle refresh for the wrangler steps it up a bit more, although tough to think so with it being a removable top and needing to withstand the elements.

Sponsored

Rosco P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeepless at the moment.
I’ll be interested to see what the 2022 Raptor redesign brings for interior. The Ram 1500 did a really good job on interior quality. Being that the Ram and Jeep are both FCA brands, here is hoping the mid cycle refresh for the wrangler steps it up a bit more, although tough to think so with it being a removable top and needing to withstand the elements.
I agree. For the jeep, the JL to me is miles above the JK on the interior side of things. I’m done with Ford but it’ll be nice to see what they do.

beaups

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
But it should be until the CCP is out. Then I would be all in for free and open trade. I have family in China and been there many times. Communist is not good for the Chinese people. The Chinese people are great.

Back to the Wrangler- love them and looking to purchase my third.
Id love to know how you are posting on the internet without a Chinese made device (or at least components) in your hand or on your lap. Carrier pigeon?

Mgdstar

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You are correct the problem is huge and goes deep in to every part of American life. Working in the financial area and IT security the new emphasis is to fully vet third party vendors and where they are acquiring their IT infrastructure: CCP is know to include rice size components to steal data and possibly even worse actions by corrupting dats or shutting down systems. Way off topic but just to bring you up to speed somewhat. Also being born and raised in Toledo and knowing the history of Jeep, like to keep Jeep as the iconic brand for freedom and total aligned with the commitment to stay that way.

Sponsored

SDJEEP4PAPA

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 On Order
Not sure if this was directed toward me, but I guess I look at some tiny amount of overall offering with a wrangler vs other fun vehicles in this price range.

I have a JLU and like it, but I would never pay that much for any Wrangler considering it’s not that comfy, luxury of the interior is null, it drives like a tank vs a floater, and there are literally so many other vehicles that are morepractical for situations in life.

Since you had a Raptor you know you had a bed to haul stuff, a big back seat (if you had a super crew) to stuff dogs, kids, car seats, and I wouldn’t imagine you would rather take a long road trip in the wrangler vs the Raptor.

Now that the Raptor will see the 5.2L Supercharged Shelby engine, I can only imagine the fun factor will be turned up. The TRX already has been received extremely well overall as a great option. So if these three are playing in the same space in terms of price, I feel you get a lot more for the money in the Raptor and TRX.

SDJEEP4PAPA

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 On Order
"Now that the Raptor will see the 5.2L Supercharged Shelby engine, I can only imagine the fun factor will be turned up. The TRX already has been received extremely well overall as a great option. So if these three are playing in the same space in terms of price, I feel you get a lot more for the money in the Raptor and TRX. "

I don't think you will get a Raptor or TRX for anything close to $77k... AND you can't take the doors off :)
Cheers

BCMgunner

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 on 37” KO2s
TFL trucks got their 77k MSRP TRX for 77k. I’ve been offered a TRX at MSRP.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
TFL trucks got their 77k MSRP TRX for 77k. I’ve been offered a TRX at MSRP.
Of course they did because they are Youtubers. So did Streetspeed. He got his $93K MSRP TRX for $93k. No chance you are getting a TRX right now at sticker and $77K is literally the base. $72K is with nothing added and that would be silly on that RAM. You will be at $85 easily and again we are comparing a truck to an SUV. Apples to oranges.