Sponsored

Saejin

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR - Firecracker Red
Plenty of people buying $70k+ Defenders. In what world is the 392 Wrangler not better or more reliable than one of those?

Hundreds of thousands of $70k+ pickups are sold each year, and few of those are used as work trucks.

A 392 is not in my price range, but no reason to criticize others who have the means to buy such an expensive vehicle and choose the Wrangler over all the other more pedestrian choices out there
I wasn’t criticizing anyone. My first comment was I was happy for those who chose to buy it. I was criticizing Jeep more or less by only allowing the option of the 392 in their top tier rubicon at a price range that seems excessive. And then only proving the option since the bronco was released. No reason this couldn’t be done before. In factJeep has been slow rolling accessories for years in the JL. We just now have half doors available after waiting 3 years and you can only get them with the order of a new Jeep.

Its gonna be a great rig and the halo wrangler for now. They’ll probably do the same for the Gladiator here shortly.

And at $75K it would be smart to cross shop this with the defender, bronco, and other trucks. I think in those you’ll get more for you money.
Sponsored

Ben_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 392 Granite Crystal
This thread is a nightmare. I might cancel my order just so I am not interested in reading the updates to it. Not that they're updates really. Just more bullshit. lol
I couldn't agree more. This thread has turned into people who don't plan to get a 392 bitching about a price that no one knows yet.

...now I read fully loaded JLUR is near $60K or more. $15K for just an engine upgrade is crazy...what else do you get if anything.
Read the press release, it's not "just an engine upgrade". And we don't know if $15k is the premium yet. It'll have the mojave hood with hydro guide system, reinforced frame, mopar lift, and some others I'm forgetting that don't show up on the Build & Price. Again, no one knows the price yet.

Have you seen the you tube videos of a diesel JL/JT whooping a hemi in the 1/4 mile.
What a pointless comparison... You think the 392 will be slower in the 1/4 mile than the JL/JT diesel? And do you think 1/4 times are important to most people buying it? Or do you think maybe it's more likely that people buying it are getting it for the offroad power and enjoyment of driving around with a much better sounding exhaust and a butt dyno that makes everyday driving way more fun?

Ben_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 392 Granite Crystal
If FCA comes out and says $75k is the price, then I think there would be valid criticisms depending on what you get with the vehicle. But we don't know what the price will be yet. I'd say hold off on grabbing the pitchforks until we know more .

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
If FCA comes out and says $75k is the price, then I think there would be valid criticisms depending on what you get with the vehicle. But we don't know what the price will be yet. I'd say hold off on grabbing the pitchforks until we know more .
No no, you got it all wrong. Torches and Pitchforks first, THEN you ask the questions...

Saejin

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR - Firecracker Red
And to add to my point of $75K Jeep with the quality of a $40K vehicle from Jeep.

Go to the issues/repairs section of the forum. Most owners who paid $50K and have found issues like paint defects, steering problems, lose fuses causing all sorts of electrical issues, DOA on the drive home, etc always make the comment that this is unacceptable on their $50K Jeep. Those same defects/issues and probably more will be present in the $75K 392 Wrangler.

Sponsored

Saejin

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR - Firecracker Red
Agree, but top end Rubicon 3.6 is $60K MSRP. Opt for the diesel and it’s $4500 more. I’m sure the Hemi will at least be $10K more, so possible $70K if we’re being optimistic.

Base price for a Rubicon is $47K, so you probably could get a base level 392 at $57K but that’s with zero options checked; no safety, no cold weather, no steel bumpers, no led lighting, no tow, now leather, etc. Might be good option if you wanted to start a build.

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
And to add to my point of $75K Jeep with the quality of a $40K vehicle from Jeep.

Go to the issues/repairs section of the forum. Most owners who paid $50K and have found issues like paint defects, steering problems, lose fuses causing all sorts of electrical issues, DOA on the drive home, etc always make the comment that this is unacceptable on their $50K Jeep. Those same defects/issues and probably more will be present in the $75K 392 Wrangler.
Outside of paint issues, most vehicles are less reliable the more expensive they are.
#1 reliability tends to consist of rental fleet spec Toyotas and Hondas that have nothing in them to go wrong and have virtually nothing asked of them but to slowly drive down a paved street (1500lb combined passenger and cargo payloads).

frankorego

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKUR Hard Rock (sold) 2021 JLUR 392
Occupation
Manager
I have ordered one. The engineering that Jeep put into it versus a third-party engine swap is worth it IMHO. The frame and axle upgrades to handle the increased torque and HP are definitely being overlooked by the mainstream media. Jeep didn't just simply drop a Hemi in. My other options were to build a Ram or Ford Pickup, but those would end up being $70-80K for my taste anyway.

Saejin

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR - Firecracker Red
OK, I somewhat retract my previous statement of this being insanely priced. Jeep is not doing a very good job of publicizing this new Wrangler. After some research and googling, it seems there is quite a bit more to it than just a Semi.

It'll be interesting to see where pricing lands on this and how it will compare to the Ram TRX which I'm considering as well. With the Ram my concern is there will be a model refresh of the Ram trucks here soon just as the Raptor is being refreshed this year.

Plus I already have a Rubicon, but is currently being borrowed by my daughter who is away at school...don't ask...long story. She's loves Jeeps and it's Firecracker red, so by "loaning" it to her it gave me leverage for the TRX.

Sponsored

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
After some research and googling, it seems there is quite a bit more to it than just a Semi.
Are you referring to level of excitement 392 buyers have for this Jeep? 🤔

I'm just being a shit of course, but you have to admit that the typo in this sentence is hilariously placed!

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
OK, I somewhat retract my previous statement of this being insanely priced. Jeep is not doing a very good job of publicizing this new Wrangler. After some research and googling, it seems there is quite a bit more to it than just a Semi.

It'll be interesting to see where pricing lands on this and how it will compare to the Ram TRX which I'm considering as well. With the Ram my concern is there will be a model refresh of the Ram trucks here soon just as the Raptor is being refreshed this year.

Plus I already have a Rubicon, but is currently being borrowed by my daughter who is away at school...don't ask...long story. She's loves Jeeps and it's Firecracker red, so by "loaning" it to her it gave me leverage for the TRX.
Yeah about the only thing these two have in common is the engine. Again not sure why people compare a TRX or a Raptor to a Wrangler. Do you all grab oranges to make apple juice as well 😂

BCMgunner

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 on 37” KO2s
Jeep better hurry up. Ford just sent me an email that my appointment to configure and order my Bronco in person is next week.

And that the “Sasquatch” option won’t be available initially 🙄

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
Jeep better hurry up. Ford just sent me an email that my appointment to configure and order my Bronco in person is next week.

And that the “Sasquatch” option won’t be available initially 🙄
Doesn't sound like it's Jeep that needs to hurry up.

Why no Samsquanch package?