Sponsored

cmb396

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JLUR
yup. I have about 20 I think. If I went the 392 route I'd likely pull off a lot of the goodies MAYBE. Or there are or were guys buying already built rigs for big dollars. I say were because with this 392 out they may not be so inclined anymore. Why pay big dollars for a 3.6/2.0 when you have a 392 available.
I had the option to buy the one allocation from my local dealer at msrp. We discussed trading in my 18 JLUR that I bought from them, and swapping everything over to the 392, lift, wheels/tires/bumpers/winch etc. I was on board to do that...and then he called me and said the GM would not take a trade in for the 392. My 18 is almost paid for (have like 10k left on it) so would have essentially been putting quite a bit down on the 392 while keeping all my add ons. I opted out, and said I'll just wait and see what they do on the street and trail.
I just finished our jlur up with everything I want done, including aftermarket stereo, which wasn't even in my 10k. No way do I want to deal with selling private party and starting over on modding at this time.
Sponsored

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
I had the option to buy the one allocation from my local dealer at msrp. We discussed trading in my 18 JLUR that I bought from them, and swapping everything over to the 392, lift, wheels/tires/bumpers/winch etc. I was on board to do that...and then he called me and said the GM would not take a trade in for the 392. My 18 is almost paid for (have like 10k left on it) so would have essentially been putting quite a bit down on the 392 while keeping all my add ons. I opted out, and said I'll just wait and see what they do on the street and trail.
I just finished our jlur up with everything I want done, including aftermarket stereo, which wasn't even in my 10k. No way do I want to deal with selling private party and starting over on modding at this time.
Honestly, with 488s and 37s my rig is really really fun. Could be I'm used to the old TJ 4.0l Sloth but I am having a blast. Would a 392 be more fun? Duh....

And again your right. Setting up a rig is a lot of work, doing it again isnt something I want to go through anytime soon.

Still, sure would be fun. Might even be a collectors item given cafe standards are most certainly going to change and quick.

Krak3n888

First Name
Mart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sahara 4-door Sarge Green
Went to check on my order and I noticed there was a price next to it. I also have a VIN, where I didn't last time I checked (before Christmas). Maybe it's a mistake on their site, but I think this is pretty close to where I thought it would be. When I click on the POC, there's nothing listed. Kinda Crazy!

Clarification: it shows in the system as an Unlimited Sport, but the "27X" code is the 392 package.

Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 Price.png
did you know how much it was going to cost, when you ordered it ? LOL

#HuckleberryJeep

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Wrangler Rubicon 392 * '20 Hemi JT * CJ5 * CJ7
Occupation
Realtor
did you know how much it was going to cost, when you ordered it ? LOL
None of us did. Pricing wasn't released and still isn't.

Thdoors

First Name
Dabber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L 2021 JLU Sport 2LT 2015 Sport 3.6L
Occupation
Retired homicide detective
Whelp, @Quadratec just posted a YouTube video quoting the OPā€™s price. šŸ˜‚

Sponsored

aeonixx1001

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL
I may have to disagree slightly.
Reason I got a Rubicon is because I couldn't get the Raptor dealers to deal. Limited quantity and a cult like following which I could see for this 392 as well. Ford dealers told me sorry Ill sell it soon enough. If this works out it will get a few existing wrangler owners to jump into a new one and could lure others in.
Oh Dude I am lured already but $77k. OMG My first house cost $40k, just to give you my perspective. Give them a couple years to work out the bugs and FCA to figure out what they cover and what they dont. Ha Ha Then I am all in......

mattshotcha

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.guninteractive.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys JLU
Occupation
Lead Community Developer - Gun Interactive
I know I'm new here and this might be poorly received, but when someone posts about something new and cool they're psyched about and then the community spends 17 pages explaining why they shouldn't be excited or shouldn't spend that much... Just saying, the salt is strong in this thread.

At the OP and any others who have theirs ordered, have fun. It's certainly a cool thing to see this Jeep coming out soon. It's a strange beast and I look forward to living vicariously thru all of you who'll own one. So keep the threads coming.

Call me crazy, but I'm happy to have a Jeep at all, and I'm happy for the folks who are getting 392's soon, too.

pnut

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 392 XR
I've finally been suckered in... a similarly built Mojave sits at $60K with the V6 - and it has the reinforced frame, suspension, etc - not all the tweaks as the 392, but more than anything else. If the diesel is $4500, maybe say $6K for the Hemi and throw in $4K for miscellany... I'll split the difference and say $70k base (+/- $2K).
Speaking of the Mojave, Jeep really missed the boat by not adding the shocks, bumpstops, etc from the Mojave. For a large $$, the 392 should have the best goodies..... unless they are saving them for a better version.

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR Diesel, '17 Cherokee, '16 JKUR Hard Rock
Occupation
Retired - most of the time anyway
Speaking of the Mojave, Jeep really missed the boat by not adding the shocks, bumpstops, etc from the Mojave. For a large $$, the 392 should have the best goodies..... unless they are saving them for a better version.
Trying to keep the price under 80K so none of the best goodies like the Mojave. Probably want to buy one now if you want as the Green New Deal and new Carb standards Congress is likely to enact are going to kill the V8 in the Wrangler line.

Steevr

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon, 2015 F-150 Platinum
Whelp, @Quadratec just posted a YouTube video quoting the OPā€™s price. šŸ˜‚
I also told Quadratec, that their MSRP price comparison quote on a fully loaded 3.6 Rubicon was a little on the low side in their video. Rob said $54K. Our '19 Rubi sticked at almost $59k with every option but the turbo 2.0. That brings the price difference down to just under $20K.

Still way too much in my book. After all, you're not getting a 392 in addition to the 3.6. Lol, that would be optioned as the "dual engine group".

Sponsored

Saejin

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR - Firecracker Red
Its great that everyone whoā€™s getting one or thinking about ordering one is excited and happy.

But thereā€™s no way this 392 is worth $75K plus whatever dealer markups will be in the first few months of release.
Itā€™s insane how much Wranglers have gone up in price just over the past few years. My fully loaded 2018 JLUR MSRPā€™d at $54K...now I read fully loaded JLUR is near $60K or more. $15K for just an engine upgrade is crazy...what else do you get if anything.

When you consider a base Sport model costs like $35K does adding all these extras cost another $35K!

Maybe if they put a 392 in a Sport S Iā€™d consider it, but forcing everyone to buy the top tier Rubicon in order to get the 392 is a cash grab by FCA.

At $75K lots of other options out there. And yes I know those options arenā€™t a direct one to one in regards to capability but really how many of these 392s will even see dirt let alone a real off-road trail. Pay $75K to get the upgraded engine but youā€™re still dealing with the quality and issues that come with a $40K vehicle. At $40K those issues and quality are in some ways expected, but not at $75K.

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR Diesel, '17 Cherokee, '16 JKUR Hard Rock
Occupation
Retired - most of the time anyway
Its great that everyone whoā€™s getting one or thinking about ordering one is excited and happy.

But thereā€™s no way this 392 is worth $75K plus whatever dealer markups will be in the first few months of release.
Itā€™s insane how much Wranglers have gone up in price just over the past few years. My fully loaded 2018 JLUR MSRPā€™d at $54K...now I read fully loaded JLUR is near $60K or more. $15K for just an engine upgrade is crazy...what else do you get if anything.

When you consider a base Sport model costs like $35K does adding all these extras cost another $35K!

Maybe if they put a 392 in a Sport S Iā€™d consider it, but forcing everyone to buy the top tier Rubicon in order to get the 392 is a cash grab by FCA.

At $75K lots of other options out there. And yes I know those options arenā€™t a direct one to one in regards to capability but really how many of these 392s will even see dirt let alone a real off-road trail. Pay $75K to get the upgraded engine but youā€™re still dealing with the quality and issues that come with a $40K vehicle. At $40K those issues and quality are in some ways expected, but not at $75K.
Have you seen the you tube videos of a diesel JL/JT whooping a hemi in the 1/4 mile.

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR

Plenty of people buying $70k+ Defenders. In what world is the 392 Wrangler not better or more reliable than one of those?

Hundreds of thousands of $70k+ pickups are sold each year, and few of those are used as work trucks.

A 392 is not in my price range, but no reason to criticize others who have the means to buy such an expensive vehicle and choose the Wrangler over all the other more pedestrian choices out there
Sponsored