Sponsored

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
This one was over $100K - and it doesn't even have a hemi. ;)

It's all relative really. If the V8 was available when I got mine, I probably would have gone for it. Eventually, I will do a swap, but it won't be a crate motor.

Jaheep4x4.jpg
I could see me doing the same in time. It will cost way more than a factory 392 though and all I want is the 5.7
Sponsored

steelponycowboy

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JTR Diesel, '17 Cherokee, '16 JKUR Hard Rock
Occupation
Retired - most of the time anyway
With JL Hemi swaps costing 30K and more, the 77K price tag for the 392 option is the better road to follow, that is if you really need that much power.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
With JL Hemi swaps costing 30K and more, the 77K price tag for the 392 option is the better road to follow, that is if you really need that much power.
Only true if you don’t already own a built JL. Otherwise the swap could be cheaper to get comparable builds.

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
Only true if you don’t already own a built JL. Otherwise the swap could be cheaper to get comparable builds.
I paid 43k otd for my rubicon. Another 30+k puts me at that price point from the factory and that doenst include the extra goodies that come with it. This isnt a bad deal.

Sponsored

cmb396

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JLUR
I paid 43k otd for my rubicon. Another 30+k puts me at that price point from the factory and that doenst include the extra goodies that come with it. This isnt a bad deal.
Same here. Paid 42 for ours. doesn't include the 10+ in extras I have tho. So let's say 52+30 for the swap, and you have a lifted hemi...with NO warranty tho. I would think the warranty from FCA would be worth a lot when things start breaking on these.

StingGrayRhino

First Name
Eliez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sahara
Went to check on my order and I noticed there was a price next to it. I also have a VIN, where I didn't last time I checked (before Christmas). Maybe it's a mistake on their site, but I think this is pretty close to where I thought it would be. When I click on the POC, there's nothing listed. Kinda Crazy!

Clarification: it shows in the system as an Unlimited Sport, but the "27X" code is the 392 package.

Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 Price.png
What site are you checking this on?

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Same here. Paid 42 for ours. doesn't include the 10+ in extras I have tho. So let's say 52+30 for the swap, and you have a lifted hemi...with NO warranty tho. I would think the warranty from FCA would be worth a lot when things start breaking on these.
You missed the word "built". Stock Wrangler (non 392) vs Stock Wrangler 392 you are probably right. Even then maybe not. You are not getting to get what you paid when you sell it. You have to take that out of the equation as you will have to sell to get the 392. Your $43K Jeep probably sells for $35 plus $35K for the build and you are ahead rather than spending $80K for a 392

When you have a BUILT Wrangler not so much. To sell your non BUILT 392 and then buy a stock 392 and BUILD it back to where your non 392 is you would be much better off just adding the Hemi via the couple of reputable after market places that are offering a warranty on that build.

ChaseW

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Wrangler 392 XR
Not to fuel the speculative fire, but I think we will get all get a pleasant surprise at MSRP when it's made official. I think the base MSRP will definitely be in the mid $60s. They won't sell these things higher than that. Nothing is official until it's official.

For what it's worth, in another thread on this forum, someone stated that the 27X Package (for 392) is a $30,545 option package, and the screenshots in this thread show that the way this was ordered is a Wrangler Sport with 27X Package. The $30,545 option on top of Wrangler Sport Base MSRP ($33,310 including destination) would give the 392 a Base MSRP of $63,855. I think that is where this thing is going to land.

For those comparing the 392 against the EcoDiesel and it's pricing, I think the Rubicon Diesel buyer and 392 buyer are very different buyers, buying their Wranglers for very different reasons.

For the OP and others that have ordered 392s, myself included, I am like a kid on Christmas waiting for official pricing, and crossing my fingers that we will get a nice surprise on the official price.

Sponsored

DellCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 392
Not to fuel the speculative fire, but I think we will get all get a pleasant surprise at MSRP when it's made official. I think the base MSRP will definitely be in the mid $60s. They won't sell these things higher than that. Nothing is official until it's official.

For what it's worth, in another thread on this forum, someone stated that the 27X Package (for 392) is a $30,545 option package, and the screenshots in this thread show that the way this was ordered is a Wrangler Sport with 27X Package. The $30,545 option on top of Wrangler Sport Base MSRP ($33,310 including destination) would give the 392 a Base MSRP of $63,855. I think that is where this thing is going to land.

For those comparing the 392 against the EcoDiesel and it's pricing, I think the Rubicon Diesel buyer and 392 buyer are very different buyers, buying their Wranglers for very different reasons.

For the OP and others that have ordered 392s, myself included, I am like a kid on Christmas waiting for official pricing, and crossing my fingers that we will get a nice surprise on the official price.
I'm asking Santa for a VIN as my belated Xmas gift... Santa is slacking on that one!

#HuckleberryJeep

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Wrangler Rubicon 392 * '20 Hemi JT * CJ5 * CJ7
Occupation
Realtor

I've got my 🤞 that you're right. I got a number on mine like the OP here and while I can live with it if it's correct, I'm leaning more and more toward it being high, which would be a pleasant bonus. The wait is definitely tough :LOL:

DellCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 392
I've got my 🤞 that you're right. I got a number on mine like the OP here and while I can live with it if it's correct, I'm leaning more and more toward it being high, which would be a pleasant bonus. The wait is definitely tough :LOL:

I've finally been suckered in... a similarly built Mojave sits at $60K with the V6 - and it has the reinforced frame, suspension, etc - not all the tweaks as the 392, but more than anything else. If the diesel is $4500, maybe say $6K for the Hemi and throw in $4K for miscellany... I'll split the difference and say $70k base (+/- $2K).

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
You missed the word "built". Stock Wrangler (non 392) vs Stock Wrangler 392 you are probably right. Even then maybe not. You are not getting to get what you paid when you sell it. You have to take that out of the equation as you will have to sell to get the 392. Your $43K Jeep probably sells for $35 plus $35K for the build and you are ahead rather than spending $80K for a 392

When you have a BUILT Wrangler not so much. To sell your non BUILT 392 and then buy a stock 392 and BUILD it back to where your non 392 is you would be much better off just adding the Hemi via the couple of reputable after market places that are offering a warranty on that build.
Didnt miss anything. I was referring to new in each category but even my used rig that price isnt that far off.
My resale on my FACTORY 392 will be higher then any 392 kit'd build and this new 392 will have stuff on it my rub wont. The price factor is a likely distinction without a difference. Besides, one has to stop thinking like a poor person for such purchases. This is the jeep of the century, pony up the cash if you have it or continue to sit down and pee. lol I will continue to sit until they offer a 5.7 that burns regular. ;)

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
yup. I have about 20 I think. If I went the 392 route I'd likely pull off a lot of the goodies MAYBE. Or there are or were guys buying already built rigs for big dollars. I say were because with this 392 out they may not be so inclined anymore. Why pay big dollars for a 3.6/2.0 when you have a 392 available.
Sponsored