Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I just went to jeep.com and priced out a JLUR with as many options as I could get it to accept at the highest price, including the $4500 diesel option. It prices out at $68,850. Since the 392 is just a SRT engine, not a hellcat, I don't understand the extreme premium listed in the OP. Especially considering that very same engine in other platforms does not price out with such a high premium. I would expect the 392 with options to be priced under $70k to remain reasonable.

ADM is going to happen because they can and people will pay. I wouldn't for a 392 at $77k. I just had to replace my wifes 2016 Suburban with a 2020 Ford Expedition Max Platinum. It stickered just over $85k, but I paid a little less than the invoice price and got a cherry on the trade in. But, a close friend is an SM at the dealer. I don't know anyone at a Jeep dealer, so...

It killed me to pay so much for the Suburban five years ago ($72k sticker/$60k after discounts, new). We really like the Expedition so far. The 400hp/480tq tt engine is amazing, the rest of the vehicle very nice as well. Massage seats! WTF! Value for $85k? NOPE. Vehicles are priced in the stratosphere. It's ridiculous, like that hearing aid commercial. But, I paid it, "because wife and kids..."

Daddy cannot justify a 392 wrangler today at huge premiums. Especially when it lacks the utility of an SUV or Pickup truck. I am either going to keep my JLU Moab and go upgrades, or possibly cross-shop a JT Mohave and new Raptor V8. I balked at the Raptor's price last time and picked up the Moab instead. Predict the future...
1609790453249.png
Because the 77k price isn't real. I would venture to say you are right on the money with just under 70k for a well optioned 392.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Hmmm, I wonder what it would cost to get a TJ, with a decent body?. Then rip out all the slow stuff, and wedge in a HellKitty engine, with some beefed up axles, and a good strong tranny/transfer case.

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
Yeah no. Almost everyone who does a hemi swap does it for the torque and power to offset big tires, heavy axles and other mods. If I were to buy one of these, which I may, it definitely has nothing to do with speed.
99% of these will never see dirt. They are buying them for the 0-60 4.5sec and 13.0 quarter mile FCA is heavily advertising.

BCMgunner

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 on 37” KO2s
Dear Lord Baby Jesus, or as our brothers in the South call you: Hey-suz, we thank you so much for this bountiful harvest of Dominos, KFC, and the always delicious Taco Bell. I just want to take time to call on you to grant FCA the strength & wisdom to formally and quickly announce the MSRP for the Jeep Wrangler 392 so all the hogwash posted on this thread since the 29th of December can forever be forgotten. Amen, awomen.
Best post of the entire 14 page thread.

Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
99% of these will never see dirt. They are buying them for the 0-60 4.5sec and 13.0 quarter mile FCA is heavily advertising.
Lol. Anyone who wants to go fast isn't buying a wrangler. At least not if they're very smart.

JDK

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Tacoma, 2008 Shelby GT
The guys over at TFL just took delivery of the 1st TRX. It stickered at $77k (base is ~$70k). Hard to justify a Wrangler with a 392 over a Ram with a Hellcat and adaptive suspension.

Kevin Mojito

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Moijto 2005 TJ AEV Hemi
Hmmm, I wonder what it would cost to get a TJ, with a decent body?. Then rip out all the slow stuff, and wedge in a HellKitty engine, with some beefed up axles, and a good strong tranny/transfer case.
I have one already to go ;)
Do you like Green, 24K miles built by AEV.

Oregon 2007 052.JPG

danm

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2-Door Sting Gray
I have to chime in, on why I decided to pay the high price (yet to be determined) and order a 392. So much conjecture and noise on the subject. Let's all remember beauty is in the eye of the beholder. What you or I might think it stupid is some kids dream. Jeeps especially.

I have owned Jeeps starting with a CJ5, then a CJ7, a base TJ, an LJ Rubicon, then a 2008 Unlimited, finally landing on the current two we own, a 2015 Sahara Unlimited my wife drives, and my 2007 Rubicon, which is long arm, 35", with a Hemi Swap I did.

I drive dunes most summer weekends in Michigan. This is where horsepower is your friend. Can you get around on a stock Jeep, of course. But that's not the point.

I built my long arm Hemi Jeep for the dunes, and it goes very well. But with any vehicle, modified after the fact, it comes with compromises such as reliability, fit, and finish, etc. It will never be as good as factory no matter how much I wish it true.

I decided long ago if Jeep ever made a high HP V8 from the factory, basically coming close (or better) than what I have already built, I would sell mine and buy what Jeep has to offer. I love horsepower, and actually use it. Will the 392 be perfect? No, but it will be waaaay better than my current one.

So there you go, at least one buyer (me) with the hard earned means to buy one, and a legit use for it. :)
Dude, you don’t have to justify it to anyone. I’d be ordering one too if I had the coin.
The vehicle is going to be a dream Jeep right from the factory. It’s going to have incredible power, a bad ass exhaust and electronics all set up right.
Every one of the people on this forum would love to have one. It’s going to be almost 80k... that’s what it’s worth. You gotta pay to play when you want something bad ass.
Anyway, when you get it... enjoy it.

Kevin Mojito

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is FCA calling it an SRT Wrangler? If it's a SRT, yes $75K +
If it's not SRT just a hemi in a Wrangler I would think more in line with a Ram with 6.4 hemi option.

Sponsored

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
I have one already to go ;)
Do you like Green, 24K miles built by AEV.

Oregon 2007 052.JPG
Ooooo Ahhhhhh!!!! Meeeee like a lot. Details, we(I) need details. What. Does it have in it. Details!
What was the cost?

jdegrave

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Forte, Pathfinder, JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Director Financial Systems Support & Governance
Wow! My ‘19 JLUR was a bargain at $55k! That said it’s going to be a BEAST with that motor!

Kevin Mojito

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They will be really disappointed with that choice.......
4.8 sec. 0-60 and 13 quarter mile. That's a dog in today's performance cars.
Sponsored