Sponsored

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
There are a few that will pay over no doubt I said that. I guess folks aren't getting my point since they keep comparing a Raptor to a Wrangler. They aren't even close and well I know I am on a Jeep forum but a $100K Wrangler (if you pay the ADM) is not worth the toilet paper in the FCA bathroom. I guess that is my point. They THINK they can charge "Raptor" or "GT500" or "GT3" ADM pricing. Folks this is a Wrangler. Good luck holding those prices (just like the Trackhawk could not). We can come back to this thread or the other 5 that I have stated next year. This time next year you will be able to get a 2022 392 at Tread Lightly 1% over INVOICE pricing, mark my words. This ain't no Raptor.
Not if FCA chokes the supply, which they may very well do. Jury still seems to be out on that.
Sponsored

JeepAustinWeird

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Wow, so basically someone will shell out ~$100k to be one of the first owners. That’s insane. That’s what I was saying about the Trackhawk too. Dealerships had them up around that point at first release too. Jeep knows when they have something the public wants.

The novelty of being a first owner, or even an early owner wears off quick.....way too quick to justify that kinda cash outlay for one IMO....

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2017 Tahoe LTZ
Wow that’s a lot of money not for a Jeep but for anything. Trucks in general are getting nuts. Just like the new Tahoe. A high country loaded up is 82 grand now. My loaded up premier sticker price was like 10 grand less. Ya I know the high country has some different leather and badging but in general these trucks are getting out of control.

Sponsored

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2017 Tahoe LTZ
You will be able to keep up with your JLUR V6 because maximum speed for the 392 Hemi will be limited to 97 mph, same as all other Rubicon's. The hemi will just get there faster.
I’m an all about the journey guy but when I’m in my buddy’s street racer I’m deff all about the speed!

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
$77k is one thing, but $77k for an unproven vehicle is another. I'm still not convinced people won't be snapping axles like crazy when they slap 35s or 37s on these things with stock axles and send it up a mountain.

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
Lots of people with lots of money and they will snap them up. I'd get one myself but I dont want a vehicle that needs premium to run. Places I end up going just wont have it.

If they come out with one that doesnt need it, I might splurge. If they come out with a 5.7 hemi truck motor it would hard for me to say no to it. If they put stouter axles in it I would order one and pay the premium without hesitation.

Still, I have to say my 3.6 with 4.88's and 37's is a blast to drive. I just love that darn thing.

Last edited:

brewtus98

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara, 2003 TJ, 2004 TJ Rubicon, 2004 LJ
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Jeep pricing has really skyrocketed since the introduction of the JL.

I've always wanted a V8 wrangler, but I feel like buying a used one at half price in two years is the way to go. However, if they end up sitting on dealership lots, there may be steals at the end of the year.

Currently, my eye is really on a 2021 Corvette.
Lol, Wranglers don't reach half price territory until they have 100k miles on them.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I don’t blame FCA or dealers for excessive pricing...in a free market economy that’s how it works. That said, while a 392 would be a blast, the other power trains are better matched to the Wrangler’s intended purpose. If I want to go fast, I’ll drive my Tesla M3 AWD which is much faster than a Wrangler 392. I own a loaded Rubicon and a Tesla for the same amount as a marked up 392.
The point of the V8 in the Wrangler for most isn't for speed.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Especially when you roll up to the same vehicle 6 months later that cost 15k+ less than yours.
Happens all the time in Socal car culture. Dude has to be the first guy to cars and coffee to get all the people looking at his car. Comes for a couple of weeks and then all the rest start showing up. He/she will spend a lot for such attention. Just go ask those Porsche GT2RS guys that were first on the block. That attention cost them $75k in ADM and plenty of them spent it. Now you can guy delivery miles ones for less than MSRP. It is called more money than sense. Not jealous either so don’t go there. Even if I had it I still wouldn’t spend over MSRP for anything.