Sponsored

DellCook

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 392
Wow, so basically someone will shell out ~$100k to be one of the first owners. That’s insane. That’s what I was saying about the Trackhawk too. Dealerships had them up around that point at first release too. Jeep knows when they have something the public wants.
It's pretty astonishing that folks would throw away a markup that high. I checked all the dealerships in Jacksonville, FL - they all wanted $20K over MSRP; the dealership here in St Augustine wanted $10K over MSRP; I found a dealer in Orlando that agreed to sell at MSRP - they have my deposit. It seems with a little shopping around it's possible to avoid the markup of predatory dealerships.
Sponsored

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Wow, so basically someone will shell out ~$100k to be one of the first owners. That’s insane. That’s what I was saying about the Trackhawk too. Dealerships had them up around that point at first release too. Jeep knows when they have something the public wants.
They may "know" when they have something the public wants but they are CLUELESS on what they will pay. ADM Trackhawks sat and sat on dealer lots until they came down in price. A 392 with those ADM's will do the same guaranteed. No one is buying a $100K Wrangler. It is just a Wrangler and just a JEEP for that matter. FCA IS NOT Mercedes, BMW, Porsche etc.

Cleoncini

First Name
Conner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
It's pretty astonishing that folks would throw away a markup that high. I checked all the dealerships in Jacksonville, FL - they all wanted $20K over MSRP; the dealership here in St Augustine wanted $10K over MSRP; I found a dealer in Orlando that agreed to sell at MSRP - they have my deposit. It seems with a little shopping around it's possible to avoid the markup of predatory dealerships.
Nice! That’s a hell of a grab for you. That’s the right way to do it, get the deal you’re comfortable with.

Cleoncini

First Name
Conner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
They may "know" when they have something the public wants but they are CLUELESS on what they will pay. ADM Trackhawks sat and sat on dealer lots until they came down in price. A 392 with those ADM's will do the same guaranteed. No one is buying a $100K Wrangler. It is just a Wrangler and just a JEEP for that matter. FCA IS NOT Mercedes, BMW, Porsche etc.
You will always find someone that’s willing to pay that price to be in the first few that have one. Here in Salt Lake, the second gen raptor was selling for just about $90K with dealer markup at launch. That didn’t stop many people from grabbing it, and you can’t tell me a raptor is worth 90k lol.

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door JL Snazzberry Rubicon
Everyone loves the WK2 Trackhawk, but I’ve never seen one in the wild. I live in a place where people definitely have money for crazy toys (Silicon Valley). I’ve only seen Trackhawks in the dealer showrooms looking pretty. I’m wondering if the Wrangler 392 will face the same fate?
Friend of mine has one --- its awesome, but not 100k awesome

Sponsored

rayzjeep

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer
Guess I'm just gonna supercharge what I got...I had a JK with a LS3...fun but not 80k fun...just imagine the taxes.

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
I don’t blame FCA or dealers for excessive pricing...in a free market economy that’s how it works. That said, while a 392 would be a blast, the other power trains are better matched to the Wrangler’s intended purpose. If I want to go fast, I’ll drive my Tesla M3 AWD which is much faster than a Wrangler 392. I own a loaded Rubicon and a Tesla for the same amount as a marked up 392.

kaffeian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2 door Sport
Occupation
Lead Machine Operator
If I hadn't just gotten my 80th I would be looking at the 4xe. I kinda wish I had waited now that pricing has been released under what was expected. Given my pick I would take the 4xe with the tax incentives all day over 77k and 10mpg.

Ben_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 392 Granite Crystal
I own a loaded Rubicon and a Tesla for the same amount as a marked up 392.
This is fun, I wanna play. I own a Toyota Tundra, 10-speed Huffy, and an island off the coast of Belize for the same amount as a marked up Bronco Warthog. :facepalm:

No one knows the price yet. Dealers don't know either. So guessing at what a markup might put the final price at is useless.

Sponsored

Ben_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Ben_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

mnjeeper

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 2021 JLUR

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
You will always find someone that’s willing to pay that price to be in the first few that have one. Here in Salt Lake, the second gen raptor was selling for just about $90K with dealer markup at launch. That didn’t stop many people from grabbing it, and you can’t tell me a raptor is worth 90k lol.
There are a few that will pay over no doubt I said that. I guess folks aren't getting my point since they keep comparing a Raptor to a Wrangler. They aren't even close and well I know I am on a Jeep forum but a $100K Wrangler (if you pay the ADM) is not worth the toilet paper in the FCA bathroom. I guess that is my point. They THINK they can charge "Raptor" or "GT500" or "GT3" ADM pricing. Folks this is a Wrangler. Good luck holding those prices (just like the Trackhawk could not). We can come back to this thread or the other 5 that I have stated next year. This time next year you will be able to get a 2022 392 at Tread Lightly 1% over INVOICE pricing, mark my words. This ain't no Raptor.
Sponsored