Sponsored

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

I still think these should include Dana 60's. I would have been a buyer with 60's... I really don't see how those axles are going to hold up off road. You are going to have to put another 20k into this to wheel it hard. The cool factor wears off quickly when nothing is different from a regular JL than the engine. This is exactly why I downgraded from my track hawk back to an SRT.
Sponsored

MDRubicon

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Wrangler
Thatā€™s far too much.

Now if they upgraded ALL components, including factory lift, 37s, upgraded axles and all suspension parts + enabled a lifetime warranty option, I might be a buyer...

Honestly these super high prices make me miss my TJ, which was reliable, affordable and fun to drive. Donā€™t get me wrong Iā€™m happy with my 21JLUR, but the $77K pricing?! Bleh

nyvisual

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLU Rubicon
This might be a dumb question but Iā€™ll ask anyway. How much would tuning and bolt ons get you to the HP of a 392 assuming you had the V6 to start with?

Brazilbombsqd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone verified this price? The dealership that I'm working with says they still don't have a price.

mnjeeper

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 2021 JLUR
I still think these should include Dana 60's. I would have been a buyer with 60's... I really don't see how those axles are going to hold up off road. You are going to have to put another 20k into this to wheel it hard. The cool factor wears off quickly when nothing is different from a regular JL than the engine. This is exactly why I downgraded from my track hawk back to an SRT.
I wonder how the 44s will handle the street personally. The city I lived in had charger hemi cop cars pretty early (2008 I think). I was talking to one and noticed the rear diff was leaking, and not just a drip. He said they have them redone constantly. Think what the grip and weight of 37s will do.

Sponsored

YukonCornelius

First Name
Scooter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL MOAB
My 2020 Rubi has pretty much the exact same options as the 392 (although dual top and tow package) and it listed for $60,930.00 with the 8speed auto and 3.6.
ā€˜yup... add $3k for a diesel which is more expensive than the 6.4 to produce, youā€™re at $64kā€™ish... sooooo... $14k for front frame rail reinforcement?

Willing&Able

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Clubs

It would be more tempting if the build quality wasn't in question. My 2019 JLUR is my first Jeep, and I'm deep in the koolaid on the 'soul' of the Jeep. However, I've never had a new car with so many - mostly minor - issues that needed addressing. And the posts on major issues is scary with exploding clutches/fires and major electronical issues. I know for every one of these there are hundreds or thousands of buyers with no issues, but to spend $70K+ and have to deal with even minor issues of bubbling paint, infotainment that is possessed, rear window defroster that has turned rust brown (is that just mine???), would be sickening...

Cleoncini

First Name
Conner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Iā€™m actually shocked people are surprised by the $77k price tag... look at new Trackhawks. Jeep owners have been begging for this to be created, Jeep knows that and is aware there are PLENTY of people who are happily going to shell that cash out. There will be dealers marking it up to $85k.

TJJL19

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Unlimited Sport
My 2019 JLU listed at 43, was a leftover in Jan,2020, so I paid 37 for it.
It has the v6, tow, upgraded 7 radio, head liner, hard top and cold weather package, so it's not stripped.
I don't think there will be any 392 leftovers, so the Mega Million is up to 401 million and if I'm lucky,i'll be able to afford a 392.

Sponsored

YukonCornelius

First Name
Scooter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL MOAB
Iā€™m actually shocked people are surprised by the $77k price tag... look at new Trackhawks. Jeep owners have been begging for this to be created, Jeep knows that and is aware there are PLENTY of people who are happily going to shell that cash out. There will be dealers marking it up to $85k.
Trackhawk is the ā€œHellcatā€ version of their premium SUV. Weā€™re talking SRT here, not Hellcat

Cleoncini

First Name
Conner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Trackhawk is the ā€œHellcatā€ version of their premium SUV. Weā€™re talking SRT here, not Hellcat
Oh Iā€™m well aware. I had an SRT GC before. I was just using the hell kitten to reference Jeeps pricing.

SSWIM

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Too Many
I talked to a dealer who said they were going to add $25K to MSRP. I bought my JL from them and inquired about the 392. They told me they were getting 1. A pretty good sized dealer also.

Sam

Cleoncini

First Name
Conner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I talked to a dealer who said they were going to add $25K to MSRP. I bought my JL from them and inquired about the 392. They told me they were getting 1. A pretty good sized dealer also.

Sam
Wow, so basically someone will shell out ~$100k to be one of the first owners. Thatā€™s insane. Thatā€™s what I was saying about the Trackhawk too. Dealerships had them up around that point at first release too. Jeep knows when they have something the public wants.
Sponsored