First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
Id love a 392 Glad. But wow. I got a nearly fully loaded Mojave; and even after i lift, tire, wheel, and supercharge it im still less than that. By alot.
Sponsored

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
I just want to point out the same thing happened with the 4xe Wranglers before pricing was announced and they were WAY off. So take that with a grain of salt.
Okay Paul with that said - I am going to stick with my original guess :LOL:

Jeep Wrangler JL My 392 Rubicon order is showing a price now ($77k) !!! 1609367709729

OP
OP
TCMC

TCMC

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubi
Unless you’re a dealer (who just joined this forum this month,) there’s one question that needs answered before I believe your leaked pricing: what system did you supposedly use to “check” your order? Even the VOTS isn’t available as no 392s have been assigned to customers outside of the dealership designation. That screenshot is not from the dealer OOS - so what is it? Second, every dealer allotment has the vehicle listed as a Rubicon base, not a sport. So this whole post is fishy.

Please prove me wrong by providing additional information to support your claim.
Ok. I'll bite. First of all, I've been on this site since I became interested in JL's. That's My 18 Rubi in the pic, I now own a 20 Rubi. Although, I never joined because I don't don't like commenting, I just like reading and seeing peoples builds. I do work for a dealer and we use "Dealer Connect" same as any other FCA Dealer. If I click "Scheduled (C-D)" under "My vehicle Order & Inventory Snapshot". I see the price listed on the 392 Order. If I click that order and view the POC, no price is listed. My guess is that it's on there by mistake. If I were to search for it under "View and update Orders" under the VOIM Menu, no price is listed on the order. It's listed as a sport on one screen and a Rubicon on the other, but in both cases... Same VIN, VON. AND that is a screen shot from Dealer Connect, you can ask anyone with Dealer Connect to "support my claim"

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
The price really isn't that surprising, the 392 is pretty well optioned to begin with. It seems like they are about 9-10k more than a similar optioned diesel or about $15k over the 3.6

Alleycat392

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Metal Mulisha Custom
Ok. I'll bite. First of all, I've been on this site since I became interested in JL's. That's My 18 Rubi in the pic, I now own a 20 Rubi. Although, I never joined because I don't don't like commenting, I just like reading and seeing peoples builds. I do work for a dealer and we use "Dealer Connect" same as any other FCA Dealer. If I click "Scheduled (C-D)" under "My vehicle Order & Inventory Snapshot". I see the price listed on the 392 Order. If I click that order and view the POC, no price is listed. My guess is that it's on there by mistake. If I were to search for it under "View and update Orders" under the VOIM Menu, no price is listed on the order. It's listed as a sport on one screen and a Rubicon on the other, but in both cases... Same VIN, VON. AND that is a screen shot from Dealer Connect, you can ask anyone with Dealer Connect to "support my claim"
Called my dealer. Salesperson gone for the day so I tried to convince the hotshot on the phone to look up my order in dealer connect the way described under scheduled C-D build status and then look for the 27x designation for the Hemi. Could not get him to bite or believe what I was saying. Says he has been working there for years and has no idea about the method I asked him to use. Keep in mind this forum usually allows me to give my dealership updates, info and news before they find out on their own. I even offered to email him a snapshot to show that it’s possible in dealer connect but all he was willing to do was look up the actual order, which of course had no MSRP listed. We both got frustrated and he basically thought I had no clue what I was talking about and offered to transfer me to general managers voicemail. Little does he know that’s who I pushed to place the order for me in the system when the 392 was announced to make sure I got bumped from 99 to 01 build status and there were no error codes with order in FCA system. I naturally took him up on the offer and left details for GM. For what it’s worth, probably a glitch but I fully believe TCMC. :like:

Last edited:

Sponsored

Jerkeejoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon
The pricing is absurd when you consider that you can get a 3.6 and then have a Hemi dropped in for the same price. Why the hell can’t the mfg do it cheaper?

Ben_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 392 Granite Crystal
The pricing is absurd when you consider that you can get a 3.6 and then have a Hemi dropped in for the same price. Why the hell can’t the mfg do it cheaper?
I agree that the pricing on all wranglers is absurd. But a 3.6 with the same options as the standard 392 is in the low 60s (list price).

Sponsored

YukonCornelius

First Name
Scooter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL MOAB
‘Definitely! And when builders and tuners drop them in, there’s a lot of “extras” and “upgrades” that go along with it.

And the tech in ANY Wrangler is a fraction of what you get in a 702Hp, active suspension, luxury interior TRX for that money. Okay, you won’t be rock crawling....

Gadgettr1

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
college student
Vehicle Showcase
I agree that the pricing on all wranglers is absurd. But a 3.6 with the same options as the standard 392 is in the low 60s (list price).
My 2020 Rubi has pretty much the exact same options as the 392 (although dual top and tow package) and it listed for $60,930.00 with the 8speed auto and 3.6.

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
Much cheaper to just do an America's most wanted 6.4 swap on my current JLU...

Ben_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 392 Granite Crystal
My 2020 Rubi has pretty much the exact same options as the 392 (although dual top and tow package) and it listed for $60,930.00 with the 8speed auto and 3.6.
yep, that’s pretty much my point. Once you add in a mopar 2” lift, beefier frame, and whatever else is on the 392 it’s a lot closer than people think. I highly doubt you can drop a hemi into a brand new 3.6 with all those 392 standard features for $77k.
IMO $69k MSRP for the base 392 is more reasonable.

Gadgettr1

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
college student
Vehicle Showcase
yep, that’s pretty much my point. Once you add in a mopar 2” lift, beefier frame, and whatever else is on the 392 it’s a lot closer than people think. I highly doubt you can drop a hemi into a brand new 3.6 with all those 392 standard features for $77k.
IMO $69k MSRP for the base 392 is more reasonable.
Now, I didn't pay $60,930.00 for my JLUR ($53,400.00). If I could get a 392 for 70k or just under then I might consider one in 2022.
Sponsored