Sponsored

Maller

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Mojito!
Suggest you wait for official pricing. Look at the 4xe thread with insane in the title. First 4xe pricing leaked was 88k or a 30k premium. Now that pricing is official, the 4xe uplift is 4k not 30.
Sponsored

DwnSth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ : 2021 JLURD
Probably doesn't matter that much but does this include Destination Charge. My loaded (no advanced safety group) JLURD with Destination charge was 63,075. Didn't pay that of course.

TheDirtyDangla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 3.6 E-Torque
Probably doesn't matter that much but does this include Destination Charge. My loaded (no advanced safety group) JLURD with Destination charge was 63,075. Didn't pay that of course.
yeah I spaced out a similar rubi once they announced what it would ship with, and $63k was close with the options. Beefier axles/frame, wheels, other differences I was was figuring just a hair under $80k no options so a $75k price point is great IMO.My spor lease is up in 18 months and I want to swap down the road. No sense on a 30k buyout plus 30k swap. Just get this and build from there

Ben_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 392 Granite Crystal
I have 1500 miles on my JLUR. It had all but the adaptive cruise group and soft top. This thread lists a price around $25K more than I paid.
Yeah, I'm just looking at list prices. I'm pretty sure people are going to get a better "paid" price on the JLUR vs the first round of 392s. I'm looking forward to seeing what all that extra $15k list price gets you besides the hemi. From the limited info we know there's the 2" Mopar lift, Hydro-Guide hood scoop, and Bronze accents for extra HP :). I can't wait to find out what other differences there are from the standard rubicon.

pnut

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 392 XR
It is Interesting to see how much news press on the internet this exact post is driving. Go take a look.

For me, I’m hoping this isn’t the whole truth and it’s slightly less. I’m prepared for 73 or 74 without options, above that will alienate a lot of people.

Sponsored

Alleycat392

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Metal Mulisha Custom
Unless you’re a dealer (who just joined this forum this month,) there’s one question that needs answered before I believe your leaked pricing: what system did you supposedly use to “check” your order? Even the VOTS isn’t available as no 392s have been assigned to customers outside of the dealership designation. That screenshot is not from the dealer OOS - so what is it? Second, every dealer allotment has the vehicle listed as a Rubicon base, not a sport. So this whole post is fishy.

Please prove me wrong by providing additional information to support your claim.
Just called dealer and communicated with Jeep Chat. No MSRP or estimated build date and I ordered on the same day. Still “D” status and rep stated that factory is still waiting on required 392 parts to start builds. Assuming it takes 2 weeks to get to dealerships after build, FCA is going to have a tough time meeting the “coming in January 2021” timeline posted on the Jeep website. :movember:

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
When I price out a 2021 JLUR (3.6 auto w/ rock-trac) with all the standard features on the 392, I get $60,400. OP added 3 options according to the screenshot. Trailer Tow Pkg (ABR), Dual Top Group (AEN), and Mopar Floor Mats (CWA). Those 3 options total $1,555 according to Jeep's Build & Price, making the equivalent JLUR $61,955. So the 392 looks to be a $15,100 premium if these prices are legit.
Who knows :) I came up with approx $66K with options added and then added another $4K in Beadlock capable wheels and Mopar 2" lift, so $70K. I guess we will see once it is officially released :like:

ChaseW

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Wrangler 392 XR
Suggest you wait for official pricing. Look at the 4xe thread with insane in the title. First 4xe pricing leaked was 88k or a 30k premium. Now that pricing is official, the 4xe uplift is 4k not 30.
This.

I have a 392 on order as well and cannot be more excited, but relying on pricing when not yet official will only wind us all up (as it always has and always does). Your point exactly on 4xe.

I personally think that the base MSRP needs to be $69k + destination or less. But hey, I'm not Jeep. It's apples vs. oranges, but bear in mind that a new Ford Bronco First Edition, (which for those who may not know, comes fully loaded like the 392), is $63,100. It has 310hp and has all of the same technology. I think that Jeep has to take this pricing seriously as they now have what will become a viable competitor.

Last edited:

porcusRex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
subaru
if that is the real price they dont expect to sell many. there is most likely a set group of folks willing to pay 77+k for a wrangler. a lot of folks would love a v8 wrangler, but i suspect most of those would find this price (if real) a bridge too far.

IF you could get it with a manual, dana 60s, locking hubs and a 3 stick atlas transfer case and 2 doors, a fully built no excuse monster, then i would take a hard look at it, but auto, clutch pack transfer case, CV axles. nope.

and im very curious as to what the range is with this vehicle.

W5MQS

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Wrangler Rubicon JLU; 2020 Mercedes GLB 250; 2013 Red Ford F-150 4x4
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Interventional Cardiology
I would think it would be cheaper and faster to just purchase a crate motor and drop it in as opposed to ordering an entirely new Jeep.

Sponsored

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
I would think it would be cheaper and faster to just purchase a crate motor and drop it in as opposed to ordering an entirely new Jeep.
But you never get that "factory guarantee", though I suppose the crate engine comes with it.

Don't most engines also need to be paired with a specific transmission? Then your ECM needs to be adjusted, then there are programming/wiring problems that can stem from that.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
I would agree at least based on my situation. We have a fully built JLUR that is probably worth maybe $50k now. Add $36k (full AMW build with me doing none of the labor) and we would be at $86k. If you were a DIYer you could do it for a lot less. To buy a new 392 and then add all the same build things we have done and that 392 would easy be $93k or more. I do not see a lot of hard core off roaders (the ones that can’t leave anything stock) going this route. They will be out bashing a $100k rig easy.

brewdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram; 2014 T&C
This.

I have a 392 on order as well and cannot be more excited, but relying on pricing when not yet official will only wind us all up (as it always has and always does). Your point exactly on 4xe.

I personally think that the base MSRP needs to be $69k + destination or less. But hey, I'm not Jeep. It's apples vs. oranges, but bear in mind that a new Ford Bronco First Edition, (which for those who may not know, comes fully loaded like the 392), is $63,100. It has 400hp and has all of the same technology. I think that Jeep has to take this pricing seriously as they now have what will become a viable competitor.
Wrong on the Ford Bronco engine---310hp and 400 torque.