First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
You may be right, but the F150 is the top-selling vehicle in America, and the numbers far exceed that of the Wrangler. I honestly think that plays a huge role in the Raptors' demand. I'm curious to see how far FCA can push the price of a Jeep up. I'll admit, I'm interested in the 392 but not at full rip.
Wait 3-5 years and pick up a used one. They will be out there

Ted392

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500, TRX, hmmwv's, 392
The Ram TRX I priced out is $87k. Hard to imagine they are in the same neighborhood on pricing. Don't think it's gas guzzler tax. TRX get around 10 mpg.

Sponsored

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR, 21 JLUR and others
Build Thread
Link
We are happy w our 6 cyls, but for those w garage space, looks like its base is around 75K, about 2.5K more than I thought.

Will be cool to see them on the road.

BCMgunner

First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 on 37” KO2s
Base 6k more than SRT GC and about 5k more than I had thought. Still going to have to think hard about this one and weigh my options.

Black Jeep Convertible

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sport S 2.0T eTorque
Occupation
Amazon Influencer 😂

Sponsored

beaups

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
Would love to have a V8 wrangler. I have now a JLU sport soft top 3.6 and don't regret it a minute. It came from dealer w Mopar lift kit, 35s and 20 inch pro comp tires/wheels. I have now invested at least 20K in after market parts. Magna flow Cat-Back Exhaust, 8 inch radio head and a/c controls pkg from infotainment, auto start bypass, Dv8 front and rear bumpers, Warn H20 winch, multiple procomp lights, lux rock lights w adjustable color range, led upgrade all around, front and rear air lockers and diff covers, ARB dual Air compressor, Katzkin red leather seat upgrade, interior makeover to red to match seats, Genesis dual battery system, hood lift cylinders, under hood led lights, monster hooks front and rear... Getting a Rubicon over rated. Will be getting Fuel wheels and maxxis tires, Terra Flex long arm 5 inch lift with adjustable fox shocks. Will also get supercharger and after engine blown, swap in a V8 392 as inevitably someone will specialize in that. My rig after its totally done will be close to 90 grand... If u have to ask how much, u can't afford it...
20201215_141758.jpg
20201116_215342.jpg
Just FYI, every single person on this forum stopped reading your post when you mentioned 20’s.

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local Bronco shill
Is the acceleration really worth tens of thousands of dollars?
People do pay more for less. I just think it’s asinine that FCA doesn’t throw the 5.7 into every trim with a $7500 up charge. The fact that they aren’t really just shows this thing is a checkbox against the Bronco and not a serious offering.

jeeeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Hemi swap is around $36K, but that's a hell of a markup for a factory install on top of the overpriced current models.
based on my JLU Rubi, I paid the premium for the so called "hd" suspension parts thinking I would be able to run 37's and save $$$ on the lift - nope, budget for aftermarket to make it solid on 37's is the same as my 2010 JKU Rubi on top of the premium doh!

Think I'll lose the JLU for a JT and do an LS swap on the JKU since it's already got what I need (less the power lol)

CockneyUSA

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X, Corvette Grand Sport, Toyota Tundra. Ordering 392...
Is the acceleration really worth tens of thousands of dollars?
To some yes. Tesla charge $20,000 for the performance model of their cars. That’s ALL you get performance for $20k. People buy them...
Sponsored