Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2016 Dodge Caravan
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome! Congrats on getting the ball moved forward another step to getting that monster. Honestly thought it might be more depending on what gets swapped out. The 392 Hemi conversion kits I have seen are ~$35k installed so if you knew you might want to go this route, buying from the factory might make a lot of sense.

danm

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2-Door Sting Gray
Congrats. That’s going to be one bad ass Jeep. The first time you hit the muffler bypass switch and get that big V8 sound it’ll be some sweet payback :)

Sponsored

sweet88gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR 24 VW Tiguan Rline 20+21 Tacoma TRD
Whoa, ok that makes it better. I thought the 392 would be every bit of $75K. I do think they are going to struggle selling it at MSRP for that much once the "newness" subsides. My prediction these will be the same as the others 1% below invoice or so by this time next year. No way they are going to sell enough at $77K to make it worth it for them. Who knows maybe I'll be wrong and they sell at a premium over all the other JL's.
I may have to disagree slightly.
Reason I got a Rubicon is because I couldn't get the Raptor dealers to deal. Limited quantity and a cult like following which I could see for this 392 as well. Ford dealers told me sorry Ill sell it soon enough. If this works out it will get a few existing wrangler owners to jump into a new one and could lure others in.

DrJoeSchmoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR and a 2015 JK
Reason I got a Rubicon is because I couldn't get the Raptor dealers to deal. Limited quantity and a cult like following which I could see for this 392 as well. Ford dealers told me sorry Ill sell it soon enough. If this works out it will get a few existing wrangler owners to jump into a new one and could lure others in.
You may be right, but the F150 is the top-selling vehicle in America, and the numbers far exceed that of the Wrangler. I honestly think that plays a huge role in the Raptors' demand. I'm curious to see how far FCA can push the price of a Jeep up. I'll admit, I'm interested in the 392 but not at full rip.

sweet88gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR 24 VW Tiguan Rline 20+21 Tacoma TRD
You may be right, but the F150 is the top-selling vehicle in America, and the numbers far exceed that of the Wrangler. I honestly think that plays a huge role in the Raptors' demand. I'm curious to see how far FCA can push the price of a Jeep up. I'll admit, I'm interested in the 392 but not at full rip.
For sure totally agree on cost. Im interested as well just not as much for $77K.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Yeah I guess time will tell. A Raptor isn't a Wrangler. All the hopefuls thought the same about the Trackhawk and the first that had to be at C&C were paying $10K over sticker and said there would be the demand. You can buy those now for well under MSRP. Jeep has yet to create anything that commands above MSRP or even MSRP demand after time. My bet in Vegas will be on the average Joe will be buying a 392 for under MSRP this time next year.

Sponsored

NorthFork631

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Wrangler Sahara - 2021 Wrangler 392
Occupation
Realtor
I priced a diesel with the same options to get a number as a base and then feel the motor, frame, exhaust, hood enhancements for the 392 will take the number higher. I feel it will start with a 7 and when you look at the other companies offerings that first digit can be even higher. Will be great to get a solid number but in the interim I am excited I have a VIN and VON and making plans for my new project. Anyone found the paint code for the bronze?

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local Bronco shill
Truly absurd. After adding the aftermarket kit(tons/coilovers/40’s etc)to this thing to justify the motor you’ll be close to the cost of building a buggy and a TRX to tow it.... (unless you’re going to keep it basically stock like some people in the original thread are claiming they are going to do. Ok bud sure, if I see one of these on 33’s in 5 years I’ll eat my hat.)

travvaller

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport
Would love to have a V8 wrangler. I have now a JLU sport soft top 3.6 and don't regret it a minute. It came from dealer w Mopar lift kit, 35s and 20 inch pro comp tires/wheels. I have now invested at least 20K in after market parts. Magna flow Cat-Back Exhaust, 8 inch radio head and a/c controls pkg from infotainment, auto start bypass, Dv8 front and rear bumpers, Warn H20 winch, multiple procomp lights, lux rock lights w adjustable color range, led upgrade all around, front and rear air lockers and diff covers, ARB dual Air compressor, Katzkin red leather seat upgrade, interior makeover to red to match seats, Genesis dual battery system, hood lift cylinders, under hood led lights, monster hooks front and rear... Getting a Rubicon over rated. Will be getting Fuel wheels and maxxis tires, Terra Flex long arm 5 inch lift with adjustable fox shocks. Will also get supercharger and after engine blown, swap in a V8 392 as inevitably someone will specialize in that. My rig after its totally done will be close to 90 grand... If u have to ask how much, u can't afford it...
Jeep Wrangler JL My 392 Rubicon order is showing a price now ($77k) !!! 20201215_141758
Jeep Wrangler JL My 392 Rubicon order is showing a price now ($77k) !!! 20201116_215342

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
Well at the price I paid for mine, dropping a Demon in it i would still be under that price. Maybe I should go that route instead of the 392. Congrats though love the look...

LABLUE

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 Ram 1500 North edition
Occupation
CDJR Master Tech
Congrats, we have 5 on order at our dealer, none are priced out yet. I'm sure they will be calling the manager wanting to know whats up, they saw on a forum that someone else has a price. Haha
Sponsored