Alleycat392

First Name
Alex
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Metal Mulisha Custom
I have a toddler and a 6 month old...I was a wreck before the Jeep got ordered.
5 month old, 3 year old and 7 year old over here. He’s asking about us being neurotic about Wrangler 392’s we ordered in November? That was easy compared to what it’s been like trying every day to order a Play Station 5 for these kids since November without any success. ;)

neil

First Name
neil
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR, 21 JLUR and others
Build Thread
Link
Well, I hope FCA pulls it off smooth, communicates well, and delivers for everyone. It will be fun to see these on the roads.

Jeeps are fun, just don't wanna see a bunch of FCA butthurt w the launch.

0II392II0

First Name
Kevin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURH
Neurotic here for sure. on another note what size tire are people going to throw on their 392 BEFORE any upgrades? I Think I'm going to go with a 35's for a few reasons. first reason, I'm planning on putting a large down payment and will have limited funds for upgrades for a while. That being said I plan on hitting the trails immediately and don't want to be paying for any massive repairs while paying this bad boy down. I'm currently in Washington and plan on moving back to Colorado so I'm looking at Toyo's open country AT III, Falken wildpeaks or Duratracs in that order. What do some of you guys plan on putting on your 392?

DellCook

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon (2021 Rubicon 392 ordered 23NOV2020)
Neurotic here for sure. on another note what size tire are people going to throw on their 392 BEFORE any upgrades? I Think I'm going to go with a 35's for a few reasons. first reason, I'm planning on putting a large down payment and will have limited funds for upgrades for a while. That being said I plan on hitting the trails immediately and don't want to be paying for any massive repairs while paying this bad boy down. I'm currently in Washington and plan on moving back to Colorado so I'm looking at Toyo's open country AT III, Falken wildpeaks or Duratracs in that order. What do some of you guys plan on putting on your 392?
Having the dealer's mod shop add a Warn Zeon 10S to the factory bumper and provided it actually does have the 2" lift from the factory, add 17x9 matte bronze wheels with 37x12.5 KO2s. We'll see!

0II392II0

First Name
Kevin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURH
DellCook, do you have a rear tire carrier bumper already or better question would be how do you plan on securing a 37" spare without issues? I ordered mine with the Mopar gate reinforcement to put a 37 on. Though research from users on this forum it doesn't look like a solid solution. Want to go to 37's but as stated going to be limited funds for a little.

DellCook

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DellCook, do you have a rear tire carrier bumper already or better question would be how do you plan on securing a 37" spare without issues? I ordered mine with the Mopar gate reinforcement to put a 37 on. Though research from users on this forum it doesn't look like a solid solution. Want to go to 37's but as stated going to be limited funds for a little.
"Plan"? My hope was that the Mopar gate reinforcement would do the trick - the mod shop felt the same way. The KO2s aren't extraordinarily heavy, so I feel okay about it today... we'll see how it goes when I pick her up (hopefully before April!).

0II392II0

First Name
Kevin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURH
Should have said what are you going to use, I hope the Mopar gate reinforcement will handle a 37". That was my original plan, little worried now about going that big. Regardless seems like there is going to be plenty of time think this over and over and over again. Excited to see what you go with.

DellCook

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Should have said what are you going to use, I hope the Mopar gate reinforcement will handle a 37". That was my original plan, little worried now about going that big. Regardless seems like there is going to be plenty of time think this over and over and over again. Excited to see what you go with.
I do plan to pick it up from the dealership with the winch, wheels, & tires - if that happens anytime in the near future I'll be sure to either post pics OR post my issues trying to mount the spare. Tic, toc...

DellCook

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FWIW, the MOPAR site says this about the gate reinforcement: Swing Gate Hinge Reinforcement allows for larger tires to be mounted on the swing gate. The reinforcement is powder-coated black and works with production hinge for easier installation. Requires Spare Tire Carrier (P/N 82215355). For use with tires up to 37. ... and this about the spare tire carrier: Spare Tire Carrier mounts to the swing gate and is adjustable to hold non-production tires and wheels up to 37. The carrier is painted a corrosion- resistant black finish. Requires Tailgate Reinforcement System (P/N 82215356AB). Fits Jeep Wrangler (JL).

Goin2drt

Reaction score
Kentucky (formerly Peoples Republik of Kalifornia)
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
FWIW, the MOPAR site says this about the gate reinforcement: Swing Gate Hinge Reinforcement allows for larger tires to be mounted on the swing gate. The reinforcement is powder-coated black and works with production hinge for easier installation. Requires Spare Tire Carrier (P/N 82215355). For use with tires up to 37. ... and this about the spare tire carrier: Spare Tire Carrier mounts to the swing gate and is adjustable to hold non-production tires and wheels up to 37. The carrier is painted a corrosion- resistant black finish. Requires Tailgate Reinforcement System (P/N 82215356AB). Fits Jeep Wrangler (JL).
I would assume the gate reinforcement isn't a new part for this Jeep so you could ask this question on the forum I am confident there are hundreds that have done successfully or failed using it with 37's. Not like this is special to the 392.

0II392II0

First Name
Kevin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURH
I had the Mopar gate reinforcement added because of those specs put out. My doubts came about after reading MOPAR JL Tire Carrier Reinforcement - Update | 4WAAM (4wheelsandamotor.com), I also read a few other threads that had mixed reviews about it. But I guess if its factory installed if any issues occur it should be under warranty.

0II392II0

First Name
Kevin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURH
I would assume the gate reinforcement isn't a new part for this Jeep so you could ask this question on the forum I am confident there are hundreds that have done successfully or failed using it with 37's. Not like this is special to the 392.
Wasn't so much about the part, more talking about what current orders and what we plan on doing with them rather then the normal talk about what kind of mpg its going to get, how come there isn't a msrp yet or what the price of gas is going to be in 30 years from now. Though there is allot of information out there on the part and its all contradicting lol.

pnut

First Name
Matt
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 JKU Hemi Long Arm 35s and 2015 JKU 35s (wife's)
37 x 12.50 x 17 Nitto Trail Grappler. Tire shop will allow me to mount first. If it appears to not work, I would go down to 35x12.50x17. I hope to put them on within the first week.

Advertisement

Mac Haik CDJR Georgetown

Advertisement