twisty

First Name
bob
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
This is why dealers are hilarious.

They pull the ADM game, then act like your buddy and they are “one of the good dealers” when you go to buy something not subject to ADM.

Greed is prevalent throughout business and the world but it’s rarely as obvious as when there is a hot vehicle that dealers are charging ADM for.

At least take a moment to remember those who paid $20K ADM to buy a PT Cruiser when they came out and were hot, only to have dealers begging customers to take them off their hands a few years later.

Imagine how many 392s dealers will be stuck with if gas spikes to $5 or $6/gallon (because remember, it drinks premium.)
I have no problem with dealers marking up pricing on HOT vehicles. They do it because people will pay it. Both parties are in agreement, so where is the problem?

I wont pay the prices they want, but for some who have lots of money it doesnt matter to them. THis is Merica! ;)

Advertisement

twisty

First Name
bob
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
You don't even have to go back to PT Cruiser. Just go back to the Trackhawk. There were dealers sitting on 1-2 year old brand new Trackhawks with their ADMS's thinking people were going to pay it. Heck I think as of last month there was a 19 TH still for sale brand new at a dealer on autotrader.com. Exact same will happen to the 392 after the first few month frenzy "people with more money than sense" buying spree is over.
More money then sense or sense enough to have enough money?

There are people with so much money out there that quibbling over these amounts is silly to them.

Goin2drt

Reaction score
Kentucky (formerly Peoples Republik of Kalifornia)
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
More money then sense or sense enough to have enough money?

There are people with so much money out there that quibbling over these amounts is silly to them.
I guess if you say so. Just because you have millions it still make zero sense to buy it to be the first and after a month you not only burned the ADM but also the depreciation.

Just because you have the money, it makes sense to literally put $20k in the fire? I have plenty of sense to have made the money and could buy one, I have more sense to know that the ADM is stupid and waiting 6 months to save and put another $20k in the bank makes more sense. Too each his own I guess and don’t really care what people do with their money.

point was the first wave of spenders will be over in a few months after release and you will get these at MSRP or below so why buy with ADM.

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2019 Ram Longhorn 4x4
A while back I went to order a TRX only to find out the only solid color option was Model-T black...An all black truck is not for me-especially here in 'Hell's Acres' (AKA Arizona).

Then was hopeful Jeep would offer the 392 in a 2-Door...Higher ups at FCA told the GM that was a hard not-going-to-happen...That made my decision to do even more 'upgrades' to my 20' Rubi 2-door easier: I have decided to re-gear (4.56's if keep 35's, 4.88's if go with 37's) along with chromoly axle shafts and HD ball joints...Then I might be done :) Really love the 2-door JL's for exploring Arizona's back country and they just look so damm cool !

A couple of days ago the GM at my local dealer called and told me he could now order other solid colors on the TRX beside black (still showing only black as solid color option on RAM's build & price). So, now very interested but with Ford's Raptor announcement coming in little over a week I will wait to see if they again offer the SuperCab...I have had three Raptors (all SCAB's) and really liked them-not a fan of Raptor SCREW's at all and would much rather have a TRX over a Raptor SCREW...I still occasionally need a pickup for work (both to transport clients and sometimes make a delivery to a client) and while I really love my 19' RAM Longhorn...the thought of a 700+HP SuperTruck is something I cannot seem to shake!!

Willy's Commando

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JK Sport, 2009 Challenger R/T, 2019 Dodge Hellcat, 2019 JLU Rubicon
I guess if you say so. Just because you have millions it still make zero sense to buy it to be the first and after a month you not only burned the ADM but also the depreciation.

Just because you have the money, it makes sense to literally put $20k in the fire? I have plenty of sense to have made the money and could buy one, I have more sense to know that the ADM is stupid and waiting 6 months to save and put another $20k in the bank makes more sense. Too each his own I guess and don’t really care what people do with their money.

point was the first wave of spenders will be over in a few months after release and you will get these at MSRP or below so why buy with ADM.
Why do you assume all of us first wave of buyers are paying over MSRP, the majority of us who ordered when the banks opened are paying MSRP.

Most of us buyers with no sense and more money with what to do with have signed preorder contracts to buy at MSRP or less. When I ordered the 1st day the banks were oped I got 1% off MSRP using affiliate discount program which the dealership will recoup back from Jeep. My dealership had 3 initial allocations mine and 2 for the showroom floor. They told me they will be adding a ADM on those 2 which I’m sure they will get more power to them.

All new cars depreciate after purchase, but Jeeps have some of the lowest depreciation rates, which will apply with 392 also.

The administration of President-elect Biden intends to set new fuel efficiency standards which could result on a gas guzzler tax on the 392 in future model years. I’m surprised there’s not one on it now I paid that tax on my Hellcat and I don’t see the 392 getting better MPG. Just another reason Jeep is pushing/advertising the 4xe so hard. The CAFE standards will keep the 392 a low production high price vehicl.e. Future model years will only increase in price. The time to buy is now if you can secure a deal at MSRP.

There is speculation all over the place in regards to price hopefully we will know this week. Whatever it is I’m good with knowing I’m driving a 392 3 months from now or less when we were only dreaming about it a year ago.

Alleycat392

First Name
Alex
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Metal Mulisha Custom
Why do you assume all of us first wave of buyers are paying over MSRP, the majority of us who ordered when the banks opened are paying MSRP.

Most of us buyers with no sense and more money with what to do with have signed preorder contracts to buy at MSRP or less. When I ordered the 1st day the banks were oped I got 1% off MSRP using affiliate discount program which the dealership will recoup back from Jeep. My dealership had 3 initial allocations mine and 2 for the showroom floor. They told me they will be adding a ADM on those 2 which I’m sure they will get more power to them.

All new cars depreciate after purchase, but Jeeps have some of the lowest depreciation rates, which will apply with 392 also.

The administration of President-elect Biden intends to set new fuel efficiency standards which could result on a gas guzzler tax on the 392 in future model years. I’m surprised there’s not one on it now I paid that tax on my Hellcat and I don’t see the 392 getting better MPG. Just another reason Jeep is pushing/advertising the 4xe so hard. The CAFE standards will keep the 392 a low production high price vehicl.e. Future model years will only increase in price. The time to buy is now if you can secure a deal at MSRP.

There is speculation all over the place in regards to price hopefully we will know this week. Whatever it is I’m good with knowing I’m driving a 392 3 months from now or less when we were only dreaming about it a year ago.
Very well said!

Alleycat392

First Name
Alex
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Went to check on my order and I noticed there was a price next to it. I also have a VIN, where I didn't last time I checked (before Christmas). Maybe it's a mistake on their site, but I think this is pretty close to where I thought it would be. When I click on the POC, there's nothing listed. Kinda Crazy!

Clarification: it shows in the system as an Unlimited Sport, but the "27X" code is the 392 package.

Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392 Price.png
So I am starting to get frustrated with the fact that Jeep care emails me today that production on the 392 will start in 1st Quarter 2021 and that I should ONLY contact my dealer moving forward? I have had a VIN for over 45 days now. So much for the January production date advertised on the Jeep website.... @TCMC I have to ask, do you happen to have an estimated build date yet with the inside info you have had with pricing?

260CD3AB-E6E6-44AC-9495-B7B47EC32BF1.jpeg

https://www.jeep.com/wrangler/rubicon-392.html

Last edited:

Oilburner

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
So I am starting to get frustrated with the fact that Jeep care emails me today that production on the 392 will start in 1st Quarter 2021 and that I should ONLY contact my dealer moving forward?
(With reference to how they handled the rollout of the diesel Wrangler) I would say what that actually means is that they plan for the first one to roll off the assembly line by March 31.
And do not be surprised if you see V8 Wranglers at the dealer before custom orders are shipped = that's exactly what happened w/ the 'Launch Edition' Gladiators.

Goin2drt

Reaction score
Kentucky (formerly Peoples Republik of Kalifornia)
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk

I don’t. Was responding to the guy that actually was offered one at an ADM. as in all hot models there will be plenty that get them for MSRP, some even better and plenty will pay well over. Very did I say everyone was paying over. You are now assuming.

OP
TCMC

TCMC

First Name
Tom
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubi
So I am starting to get frustrated with the fact that Jeep care emails me today that production on the 392 will start in 1st Quarter 2021 and that I should ONLY contact my dealer moving forward? I have had a VIN for over 45 days now. So much for the January production date advertised on the Jeep website.... @TCMC I have to ask, do you happen to have an estimated build date yet with the inside info you have had with pricing?

I got a build/shipping date or 02/01. I started another post about it( https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/anyone-get-a-build-ship-date-today-i-went-d1.64521/ ). Since then it's been pushed back to 2/14. I know that are very tentative dates, but at least its something to watch! I think I'm one of the earliest orders too.

Wicked3.0

First Name
Z
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Ecodiesel

I also got a similar reply from Jeep Chat stating: "You would need to contact the selling dealer for this vehicle order status. Thank you for your patience".

Which is weird because last week I checked on Jeep Chat and the agent told me my vehicle build has been accepted and waiting in the production line cue. No VIN was available, though. I ordered on 11-20-20. Oh, well....

Like all of us, my dealer is clueless. However, I am glad I have a good relationship with my dealer and will be paying under MSRP.... if my 392 ever gets here and gets an MSRP that is...

Alleycat392

First Name
Alex
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I also got a similar reply from Jeep Chat stating: "You would need to contact the selling dealer for this vehicle order status. Thank you for your patience".

Which is weird because last week I checked on Jeep Chat and the agent told me my vehicle build has been accepted and waiting in the production line cue. No VIN was available, though. I ordered on 11-20-20. Oh, well....

Like all of us, my dealer is clueless. However, I am glad I have a good relationship with my dealer and will be paying under MSRP.... if my 392 ever gets here and gets an MSRP that is...
Up until today I would agree with you regarding the dealer comment, however,
very interesting developments today!
So to my dismay, Jeep care emails me this morning that 392 production starts sometime in this 1st quarter of the year and they have no further updates for me regarding my order. My Vin # build on the order tracker referred to on this forum (cryptosticker.com) shows no updates as of minutes ago. Yet I reach out to my salesperson and he sends me proof that my 2021 JLU 392 order is in D1 status with an estimated ship date of 2/24/2021!

I finally feel I am out of this 392 limbo I have been stuck in since mid November with at least some clarity moving forward. Interesting to note that out off all the resources, a salesperson at dealership was able to come through with the most up to date information on my order status. :clap: :like: :jk:

- sorry everyone, still no msrp listed....

Rosco P

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
He has an estimated ship date, not a delivery date. Leaving the factory and landing at the dealer can be weeks apart. No one knows.

I am on my 10th. 4th factory order. What I’ve seen posted is no surprise.

neil

First Name
neil
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR, 21 JLUR and others
Build Thread
Link
So, the suspense, is it good, or are y'all neurotic?

Advertisement

Dwayne Lane's Chrysler Jeep Dodge

Advertisement