DellCook

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 392
DellCook, Is that the Airstream trailer in your pic ? How do you like it?
It is! It's the BasecampX - it's pretty sweet. The Jeep pulls it without issue. It's not necessarily an "off-road trailer", but it does have more ground clearance and a better approach/departure angle than many trailers (we've had a few). It's a great option for a weekend in the woods!

Advertisement

DellCook

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 392
Not sure if this was directed toward me, but I guess I look at some tiny amount of overall offering with a wrangler vs other fun vehicles in this price range.

I have a JLU and like it, but I would never pay that much for any Wrangler considering it’s not that comfy, luxury of the interior is null, it drives like a tank vs a floater, and there are literally so many other vehicles that are morepractical for situations in life.

Since you had a Raptor you know you had a bed to haul stuff, a big back seat (if you had a super crew) to stuff dogs, kids, car seats, and I wouldn’t imagine you would rather take a long road trip in the wrangler vs the Raptor.

Now that the Raptor will see the 5.2L Supercharged Shelby engine, I can only imagine the fun factor will be turned up. The TRX already has been received extremely well overall as a great option. So if these three are playing in the same space in terms of price, I feel you get a lot more for the money in the Raptor and TRX.
Not really directed at anyone, but rather the general theme of hating on the 392 due to its price. Yep, my Raptor had the crew cab with tons of room and you know what? My wife & I (and our 2 dogs) prefer road trips in the Jeep... I don't miss the Raptor at all. We road trip from FL to western VA quite a bit to hit trails & camp - and the Jeep makes the trip plenty of fun. As in beauty, value is in the eye of the beholder - as most who are anxiously awaiting their 392 would probably echo.

Saejin

First Name
Gene
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR - Firecracker Red
If I didn't have the Rubicon, although on loan at the moment with the daughter, I would lean more to the 392. I've overcome the sticker shock now knowing it's not just an engine swap and there's more to it. Overall, I still think the Wrangler's in general are a but overpriced, but isn't everything now days.

One of my first vehicles was a Ford Ranger 4x4, 1992 to be exact. Was the first vehicle for my wife and as well when we got married. And I haven't had. track since then, so looking forward to checking out the TRX when I can. Now do I need everything a TRX has to offer...nope, just like I don't need everything my Rubicon has to offer, but both do offer the best of what I'm looking for and will be using it for.

By the way, already got the SUV thing covered with another vehicle, so not necessarily looking at the 392 for it's SUV traits.

Rosco P

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
I had a raptor. I don’t miss it at all. The interior is straight plastic. I hated it. I don’t enjoy the ecoboost. The TRX is at least nice on the inside and very powerful but it’s not a jeep.

I want a jeep. I really really want a jeep with a 392. I told my wife 6 years ago that if they ever offer a wrangler with a v8, we were getting it. No questions asked. Here we are. I’m not shopping around with my $70k. I don’t care what else costs $70k. I’d already have it if I did.

Mgdstar

First Name
Michael
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Sahara Unlimited Wranglers
Dell cook,

I’m surprised the forum did not block you for making reference to the limitations of a communist country - Russia. I posted a question wanting to know if any part of a Wrangler was sourced from China. I do no support communist. The forum monitor said that was political and blocked, Sorry for supporting democracy.

DellCook

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 392
I’m surprised the forum did not block you for making reference to the limitations of a communist country - Russia. I posted a question wanting to know if any part of a Wrangler was sourced from China. I do no support communist. The forum monitor said that was political and blocked, Sorry for supporting democracy.
😳

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon and 2003 Toyota Land Cruiser
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
Dell cook,

I'd be very surprised to learn nothing on the JL was sourced from China.

That is 100% not the way the world works now.

Mgdstar

First Name
Michael
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'd be very surprised to learn nothing on the JL was sourced from China.

That is 100% not the way the world works now.
But it should be until the CCP is out. Then I would be all in for free and open trade. I have family in China and been there many times. Communist is not good for the Chinese people. The Chinese people are great.

Back to the Wrangler- love them and looking to purchase my third.

Last edited:

Goosed

First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I had a raptor. I don’t miss it at all. The interior is straight plastic. I hated it. I don’t enjoy the ecoboost. The TRX is at least nice on the inside and very powerful but it’s not a jeep.

I want a jeep. I really really want a jeep with a 392. I told my wife 6 years ago that if they ever offer a wrangler with a v8, we were getting it. No questions asked. Here we are. I’m not shopping around with my $70k. I don’t care what else costs $70k. I’d already have it if I did.
I’ll be interested to see what the 2022 Raptor redesign brings for interior. The Ram 1500 did a really good job on interior quality. Being that the Ram and Jeep are both FCA brands, here is hoping the mid cycle refresh for the wrangler steps it up a bit more, although tough to think so with it being a removable top and needing to withstand the elements.

Rosco P

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
I’ll be interested to see what the 2022 Raptor redesign brings for interior. The Ram 1500 did a really good job on interior quality. Being that the Ram and Jeep are both FCA brands, here is hoping the mid cycle refresh for the wrangler steps it up a bit more, although tough to think so with it being a removable top and needing to withstand the elements.
I agree. For the jeep, the JL to me is miles above the JK on the interior side of things. I’m done with Ford but it’ll be nice to see what they do.

beaups

First Name
Sean
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL
But it should be until the CCP is out. Then I would be all in for free and open trade. I have family in China and been there many times. Communist is not good for the Chinese people. The Chinese people are great.

Back to the Wrangler- love them and looking to purchase my third.
Id love to know how you are posting on the internet without a Chinese made device (or at least components) in your hand or on your lap. Carrier pigeon?

Mgdstar

First Name
Michael
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You are correct the problem is huge and goes deep in to every part of American life. Working in the financial area and IT security the new emphasis is to fully vet third party vendors and where they are acquiring their IT infrastructure: CCP is know to include rice size components to steal data and possibly even worse actions by corrupting dats or shutting down systems. Way off topic but just to bring you up to speed somewhat. Also being born and raised in Toledo and knowing the history of Jeep, like to keep Jeep as the iconic brand for freedom and total aligned with the commitment to stay that way.

SDJEEP4PAPA

First Name
Gary
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 On Order
Not sure if this was directed toward me, but I guess I look at some tiny amount of overall offering with a wrangler vs other fun vehicles in this price range.

I have a JLU and like it, but I would never pay that much for any Wrangler considering it’s not that comfy, luxury of the interior is null, it drives like a tank vs a floater, and there are literally so many other vehicles that are morepractical for situations in life.

Since you had a Raptor you know you had a bed to haul stuff, a big back seat (if you had a super crew) to stuff dogs, kids, car seats, and I wouldn’t imagine you would rather take a long road trip in the wrangler vs the Raptor.

Now that the Raptor will see the 5.2L Supercharged Shelby engine, I can only imagine the fun factor will be turned up. The TRX already has been received extremely well overall as a great option. So if these three are playing in the same space in terms of price, I feel you get a lot more for the money in the Raptor and TRX.

Advertisement

Icon Vehicle Dynamics

Advertisement