Sponsored

My 2019 Rubi respond slowly to the start button

Sontavaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lj - sold-cause im an idiot. 2019 blue rubi ordered and received. I need my LJ back.
Occupation
Repressor of civil rights
Has anybody noticed that when you first start the jl for the day, you hit the button and lots of things happen, radio lights up, thing beep and buzz, as the Jeep comes to life, but it seems like it takes a long time for the Jeep to actually start trying to crank itself? Sometime I have to hit the button more than once? Is this just my rig or are others doing it?
Sponsored

Sting_NC_USA

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds like your second battery may be low-ish. I just replaced my stock batteries. Before I did that, it seemed to be a little sluggish starting when the small battery was not fully charged. Best way to test it is to put a trickle charger on it for a while, and see how it starts after that. Good luck!

OP
OP
Sontavaman

Sontavaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lj - sold-cause im an idiot. 2019 blue rubi ordered and received. I need my LJ back.
Occupation
Repressor of civil rights
It starts right away, once it decides to try, it just takes a a noticeably long time to decide to try. By long time I mean 6 to 10 seconds. I just expected to hit the button and the cranking starts like when you turn a key in other jeeps

wrc777

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
I have noticed the same thing. I have also noticed the brake pedal is hard and I have to push it pretty hard to get the Jeep to crank. I think it is something to do with a brake interlock switch and the brake system building pressure or something.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Has anybody noticed that when you first start the jl for the day, you hit the button and lots of things happen, radio lights up, thing beep and buzz, as the Jeep comes to life, but it seems like it takes a long time for the Jeep to actually start trying to crank itself? Sometime I have to hit the button more than once? Is this just my rig or are others doing it?
That's not normal. Bring it in. What engine?

Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
The ESS system and aux battery is probably the Achilles Heel of the JL. FCA needs to update the ESS charging, batteries, software, something.

SouthCo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Billet Silver Sahara
I have the 3.6 and that's not normal. If it does it first start everyday, I'd have the dealer look at it. They can let it sit overnight and experience it the next morning, if it does everyday like you say. You having to push the button more than once isn't normal either.

Dash68

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'95 Chevy S10 ZR2 '12 JKUR '17 GC TH
My wife and I each have a grand cherokee, each have the 3.6 pentastar. They share many of the electronic parts with the JL Wrangler. Both of our GC's do what you describe when attempting to start. Both have been to the dealer for diagnosis. First attempt by the dealer is to put new batteries in the key fobs, second attempt to fix the issue was to test the batteries which tested fully charged. Third attempt to fix the issue was two new batteries in each. After all of this. We have not found a solution to the push button starting issue. The dealer does not have a software update at this time addressing this issue but Fiat Chrysler is aware of it. If anyone hears of a proven cause and resolution to this issue we'd love to learn about it. I have been looking to buy a new JL to replace my '12 JKUR but i am really hesitant to pull the trigger due to the continued issues with the some of the JL Wranglers.
Sponsored