Sponsored

My 2018 Unlimited Rubicon just rolled off the transport!

SeanW

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon
Hey all,

I'm a new user, but not a new Jeep owner. I've owned a 2006 Unlimited in the past (the 2 door variant) and happy to be back in the Jeep fold.

In June I went to our local dealer to inquire about an Unlimited Rubicon, as part of the process we 'built' one, and negotiated a trade-in etc. The dealer couldn't find me one to my spec's so I said I'd wait. Problem is, they didn't inform me about the re-design, and the utter cluster-f*ck and sh*t show that has ensued.

Fast forward to late August. I received a call from my dealer, and they wanted to confirm something. I was told they were then allowed to place orders. I've learned that they could place orders, but options such as paint matching the fenders was an issue. In the end they got it done.

Now fast forward to 2nd week of October. I called the dealer and asked for my salesperson. He no longer is employed there, and my file had slipped through the cracks. No worries, they go their ducks in a row and told me the Jeep was deemed to arrive on Oct 13, but it was normal for them to be a week or two late. I got the call today while out of town, the Jeep is sitting in their yard and we should be doing the transfer on Monday or Tuesday of next week. Can't wait to get home on Sunday to take a ride over and see it!

Sales Manager sent me this, I am so happy!
14o7sxi.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
It's probably an 18 -- there will be both 18 JK's and 18 JL's.

Sponsored

wooderson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Just to make sure you are clear on a before you sign papers. You know that's not the redesigned JLU? It's bad ass and all I just couldn't tell from you post if you knew that or not. Hope you got a great deal.

OP
OP

SeanW

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon
Just to make sure you are clear on a before you sign papers. You know that's not the redesigned JLU? It's bad ass and all I just couldn't tell from you post if you knew that or not. Hope you got a great deal.
I know it's not the redesign, but I don't care. I'm trading a summer car - Nissan 370Z on this, and it's about to snow here,which makes the Nissan unusable. When we made the deal, there was zero-percent financing being offered, so we took that option. They had to discount the 2018 vehicle by $3500 to get me in the same payment, since zero percent is now off the table. I held tough on this and was going to walk away. Added to this, I got to drive the 370Z through the summer and add 5000KM to it, over 5 months. 5 Months usage at $500 (conservative) would be $2500. So the deal I cut on a 2017, just got $3500+$2500 sweeter. In essence this deal now is $6000 cheaper than it was in June, including the concept of usage.

*Altered my initial post to reflect the nonsense that ensued after/during ordering.

wooderson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Awesome man enjoy. White is my first choice of color for the JT when it comes out. Looks great on the Wrangler.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I know it's not the redesign, but I don't care. I'm trading a summer car - Nissan 370Z on this, and it's about to snow here,which makes the Nissan unusable. When we made the deal, there was zero-percent financing being offered, so we took that option. They had to discount the 2018 vehicle by $3500 to get me in the same payment, since zero percent is now off the table. I held tough on this and was going to walk away. Added to this, I got to drive the 370Z through the summer and add 5000KM to it, over 5 months. 5 Months usage at $500 (conservative) would be $2500. So the deal I cut on a 2017, just got $3500+$2500 sweeter. In essence this deal now is $6000 cheaper than it was in June, including the concept of usage.

*Altered my initial post to reflect the nonsense that ensued after/during ordering.
That's a really nice Jeep and you'll enjoy the heck out of it. If you do any serious off roading, you'll be glad to have gone with a Rubicon, too. I just finished a 4 day trip in my 08 Rubicon and loved it as much as the day I brought it home. It always impresses me with what it can do.

Sponsored

kurt13

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red JLU Rubi/4Runner
Congratulations!

tatarin

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB Mojito Sky One-Touch, 2015 Lexus RX350F-sport, 2005 Camry SE
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats! It is 18 the only distinction is the side sticker now says “wrangler jk”