Sponsored

My 2018 Sahara is now a 2020 Rubi!

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
Well, she finally got here. After a long a winding road- she’s home. Fun story:

So I went to Classic jeep in arlington and decided to see about options. My Sahara was close to warranty and (as some remember on another thread) I was ready to just shut up and buy a rubicon.

Some back story- this same location was the site of the absolute worst experience I have ever had buying a Jeep. 3 vehicles ago, I literally sat for a combination of 15 hours to get my first wrangler. Several days, some until 10 pm, none of it more than trickery and suspect behavior. Let’s say it ended with a lawyer and an apology from the owner.

I heard there was new ownership and I decided to see what they were about, as it is far closer than the one in Fort Worth (good people, by the way). The vehicle I found online was exactly how I wanted it, so I pop out onto the lot and see the thing with a ton of aftermarket. Well done, but in my head- “here we go, I’ll be attacked with how much I want all of this”. Instead, the sales person (Brianna) said she would see if there were other options and we went to looking. Suspect of the next part; “can we see your trade?” I hunkered in for the usual arguments. Instead, 10 minutes later, she comes back and asks what I wanted. Being internet savvy, I had my number. To my surprise- it matched exactly. Suspect of this, I asked what they found. Same vehicle and they honored the price 8% below invoice. Small negotiations later- I was happy and we went to finance. Dude was super cool, no pushy after products, easy conversation. 15 minutes max.

so I go home happy, but still in my car. They say it will be a few days to get it. A few days go by, and I get the call “sir, we have an issue”. Of course they do. Nothing is simple with dealerships. I should have known. I get told the other dealer refused a trade, but they found another one. Keep in mind- I’m already signed up. I get the invoice- $5k more than the other. Basically every extra from the factory was on it. Angry, I said this wasn’t going to work. She replied with “but would you want it?” Being slightly an ass, I say “well sure, but that’s not the point” and she says to hold on.

10 minutes later I get a call and she says they will honor the bottom line. All the options reduced to the exact total I agreed on before. Essentially- The price was reduced to 16% off- same trade total.

having been a finance manager, you always know the rub. But honestly, no suspect stuff to deal with. Brand new, 2020, 70 miles on it. Amazingly happy.

so if you live in DFW, Classic is really a great place to visit. I won’t speak for every dealer experience, but I can say this was easily the best, even before the issue.

oh, and here’s my new garage mate- still pending a nickname:

15A4D266-2D2B-4739-A297-E55035232DC6.jpeg

AC82DE32-0D3D-4A8C-9C58-A86A9A7BF775.jpeg

2628E97B-E8F8-4E6E-9EFE-CE3FC8D23035.jpeg

51A6A52D-C74D-41BC-BD5B-27A06B3ACCBF.jpeg
Sponsored

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
That’s excellent customer service and I hope they can be a model for others. I’m willing to bed that the lost some money on the deal but know they will make it back with word of mouth. Excited to see what you come up with for mods!

Brett

Rdmitch

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, ford transit 250, 2017 Wrangler Smoky Mountain Edition
Occupation
Mechanical designer /contractor and musician
Super glad to see this worked out for you. Very exciting getting a new jlur.
Dealer gets kudos for honesty and integrity. Word spreads when a dealer treats customers right.
Looks great.

cOtter

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Sahara 2.0L Ocean Blue Metallic, Toyota Highlander & Pontiac G6 coupe
Occupation
Senior Manager PM (Automotive OEM)
Congrats!!!!! Enjoy!!!!

Sponsored

HealthRebel

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRU Ocean Blue
Congratulations! Beautiful Wrangler!!!

I talked with Classic Jeep in Arlington back in July but placed my order with Meador in Ft. Worth. Sounds like they are under new management/ownership now.

Meador honored the order glitch for the automatic transmission with the 3.6 L V6... only charging me $1500 instead of the $2500 on the window sticker. The extra $1000 savings allowed me to purchase my 2020 JLRU for less than the 2019 model.

Glad to know we have at least 2 good Jeep dealerships in the DFW area.

OP
OP
Shooting or Jeeping

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
Congratulations! Beautiful Wrangler!!!

I talked with Classic Jeep in Arlington back in July but placed my order with Meador in Ft. Worth. Sounds like they are under new management/ownership now.

Meador honored the order glitch for the automatic transmission with the 3.6 L V6... only charging me $1500 instead of the $2500 on the window sticker. The extra $1000 savings allowed me to purchase my 2020 JLRU for less than the 2019 model.

Glad to know we have at least 2 good Jeep dealerships in the DFW area.
Nothing bad at all to say about Meador. Bought the prior two jeeps there. Good prices, service and selection. I even bought one via text, lol.
But yes, good to see quality dealerships in the area!

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
That’s excellent customer service and I hope they can be a model for others. I’m willing to bed that the lost some money on the deal but know they will make it back with word of mouth. Excited to see what you come up with for mods!

Brett
No matter how good ones deal is, rest assured that the dealer wouldnt do it unless there was profit involved. Thats a great story btw. Always nice to come out with a super deal ! It looks too nice to drive ! Lotta Texans in this forum !

UKCATS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon/2020 Mazda3 Hatchback
Occupation
I play piano in a whorehouse
Very cool. Beautiful Jeep. Let’s take it for BBQ! J/K, any plans to mod it?

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Well, she finally got here. After a long a winding road- she’s home. Fun story:

So I went to Classic jeep in arlington and decided to see about options. My Sahara was close to warranty and (as some remember on another thread) I was ready to just shut up and buy a rubicon.

Some back story- this same location was the site of the absolute worst experience I have ever had buying a Jeep. 3 vehicles ago, I literally sat for a combination of 15 hours to get my first wrangler. Several days, some until 10 pm, none of it more than trickery and suspect behavior. Let’s say it ended with a lawyer and an apology from the owner.

I heard there was new ownership and I decided to see what they were about, as it is far closer than the one in Fort Worth (good people, by the way). The vehicle I found online was exactly how I wanted it, so I pop out onto the lot and see the thing with a ton of aftermarket. Well done, but in my head- “here we go, I’ll be attacked with how much I want all of this”. Instead, the sales person (Brianna) said she would see if there were other options and we went to looking. Suspect of the next part; “can we see your trade?” I hunkered in for the usual arguments. Instead, 10 minutes later, she comes back and asks what I wanted. Being internet savvy, I had my number. To my surprise- it matched exactly. Suspect of this, I asked what they found. Same vehicle and they honored the price 8% below invoice. Small negotiations later- I was happy and we went to finance. Dude was super cool, no pushy after products, easy conversation. 15 minutes max.

so I go home happy, but still in my car. They say it will be a few days to get it. A few days go by, and I get the call “sir, we have an issue”. Of course they do. Nothing is simple with dealerships. I should have known. I get told the other dealer refused a trade, but they found another one. Keep in mind- I’m already signed up. I get the invoice- $5k more than the other. Basically every extra from the factory was on it. Angry, I said this wasn’t going to work. She replied with “but would you want it?” Being slightly an ass, I say “well sure, but that’s not the point” and she says to hold on.

10 minutes later I get a call and she says they will honor the bottom line. All the options reduced to the exact total I agreed on before. Essentially- The price was reduced to 16% off- same trade total.

having been a finance manager, you always know the rub. But honestly, no suspect stuff to deal with. Brand new, 2020, 70 miles on it. Amazingly happy.

so if you live in DFW, Classic is really a great place to visit. I won’t speak for every dealer experience, but I can say this was easily the best, even before the issue.

oh, and here’s my new garage mate- still pending a nickname:

15A4D266-2D2B-4739-A297-E55035232DC6.jpeg

AC82DE32-0D3D-4A8C-9C58-A86A9A7BF775.jpeg

2628E97B-E8F8-4E6E-9EFE-CE3FC8D23035.jpeg

51A6A52D-C74D-41BC-BD5B-27A06B3ACCBF.jpeg
Congrats! Excellent color choice too!

Sponsored